Someone out there will sympathize, I know it.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, you're putting on your makeup, the final look being realized in front of your very eyes. Perhaps you're in the glorious final stages of dabbing on highlighter or sweeping on mascara.

God knows what got in there, but now your eye feels like someone stabbed it! There's tears (and maybe snots) everywhere and your eye is red, your nose is red, and there's makeup all over your fingers!

Your face, with all the dabbing, and blending, and buffing (oh my goodness the buffing!) , is near ruined from all the liquids pouring from your face!

Not to mention the pain of an eye with something in it and no clean fingers to rub it with.

OUCH! You described that so articulately. Do you have the beginnings of an eye infection?

one time i did my eyes first well really it was fluidline and i got cetaphil in my eyes and i nearly blinded myself. It was a mess. lol

Oh I know that problem. I hate it when my contacts start to bother me after I get my makeup applied.

The worst I ever did was back over 10 years ago. I thought I used my saline solution and instead had grabbed the hydrogen peroxide solution to disinfect (before the multipurpose solution) and thought I was going to go blind. I couldn't get my eye open to get the contact back out for a long time. I had to call off work. I really worried I'd go blind from that. Now my eyes are usually pretty tough- as long as I don't put the wrong solution in.

I hate it when that happens! I was using my kabuki brush & managed to 'buff' my eyeball the other day. I used to wear contacts & nothing is worse then getting a speck of something under it. Youcha!

I also hate when the eye keeps watering all day long just in the corner.. you are definitely not alone.

I totally know what you mean and it sucks when it happens. All that hard work for nothing!

Happens to me all the time...literally, all the time. I don't even know what gets in there...maybe a piece of dust. good to hear it's not just me...:10:

That used to happen to me all the time when I used liquid concealer under my eyes, it would get in there and sting so bad!

ouch ! this happens to me too. when it's not allergies, it's glitter or a small eyeshadow particle going under my contacts and itching. and i also have the bad habit to poke my eye once in a while, with a brush or a mascara wand. totally painful.

Oh, I do, I do....:iagree: . My pet peeve is when an invisible fibre gets trapped over the contact lens or in the eye, and I *know* something is there but just can't get it out. Worse, my mascara would get "trapped" in the fibre as well, and oh what a relief when I drag it all out of the eye, and of course I need to correct all the smudging. And no one ever takes it seriously when I explain that is the reason for running late. :tocktock:

oh i hate that too. especially with my contacts. dealing with makeup and contacts is the worst!

Back