Can anyone recommend a good lipstick sealant / sealer ??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for something fairly cheap that I can get at a d/s, that seals my lipstick so I don't see it all over my wine glass etc. and so it doesn't wear off too quickly.

I've never needed a lipstick sealer / sealant before, so I have no idea how good they are, what brands are best, or if they're even worth the bother. I need it to wear with MAC l/s, i'm too allergic to try any other brand of l/s that may stay on better.

For a d/s brand there are a few. Max Factor puts out one, as well as Revlon and CoverGirl I know. I'm sure there are others hopefully one of the other ladies will be able to help more.

Agreed.. This is the best solution I've found so far. I had asked about the Lipcote sealer in one of my threads, and apparently nobody was very thrilled by it...

Also somebody else had suggested Shelaq.. I don't remember who it was.. anyway she said it worked for her....

"Laura Gellar" has a great line of lipstick/sealers called "Lip Stay". One end is the lipstick and the other is the sealer. She has a great variety of colors. I haven't had a problem with them.

You can buy them on "QVC", and "Sephora"

on my wedding my maid of honor gave me Lip Chic Lip sealer and my lipstick never came off- from 1p - 1a. i may have reapplied twice that entire day, only because the photographer was everywhere.

i'm looking for a lipstick sealer also =] i don't wear lipstick a ton because it always comes off right away.

Hello Becka,

I have used Bourjois Rouge Hyperfix Long-lasting Lipstick before.

It's a double ended lipstick, colour and topcoat.

I'm very satisfied with it. Maybe a suggestion for you to try?

hyperfix_lg.jpg

BOURJOIS | USA

thanks for the input everyone!

yep, its for my wedding that I need this stuff. this lip chic you're describing sounds totally like what I need 1pm-1am is amazing! i'm going to have to search for this

the problem ive noticed with them is no matter what brand or price, they all dry your lips out really really bad.

ive just given up on them.

Lipchic, you put it over any lipstick. It holds for a long time. It is a clear sealant with a brush. It tingles a bit upon application but it works. 

I tried out a bunch last year in preparation for my daughter's wedding day, and Lip Chic was the best.  Makeup went on at about 2 in the afternoon and we went to about 4 in the morning, no touchups!  Just ordered a bottle from the LIp Chic site for $11, the first one has lasted me for the past 11 months. 

I have used Lip Chic and it works great. I have even put it on in the morning, went out that night (without needing a touch up) fell asleep without taking my make up off and my lipstick was still on in the morning!

It lasts through kissing, eating and drinking too.

Please check out different sellers on amazon. I have seen it as low as $7.

Not a big fan of lip sealers but the one I liked was from Mehron lipstix I just did a detailer review of it

Back