Gwen Stefani in Harper’s Bazaar

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
See the May Harper’s Bazaar in which Gwen opens up about her husband, losing the baby weight and her own narcissism. Interview highlights below:

On looking good on the go:

"There's always paparazzi outside my house. If you had paparazzi outside your house, you'd make sure you looked good, too."

On Gavin being a great father:

"I even wrote in a song, 'You seem like you'd be a good dad.' So, yeah, he's lived up to my expectations, more than. He has always been very loving and romantic."

On her fashion style:

"I've gotten a little more feminine over the last few years. Right into my late 20s, I never wore heels; I was always in my Doc Martens and baggy pants. But as the years go by, you get more comfortable with looking more like a woman."

On her ongoing battle with weight:

"Seriously, though, it's very boring and embarrassing and I hate talking about it, but it's true: I've always been on a diet, ever since I was in the sixth grade. It's an ongoing battle, and it's a nightmare. But I like clothes too much, and I always wanted to wear the outfits I would make. And I'm-" another chuckle "-very vain."

On where she’ll be in 10 years:

"Some days, I think there's no way to get away with this any longer…I still feel like that sometimes, even though it's been 20 years. But then some days, I just feel really inspired and I really believe in everything. It's like the 15 minutes just keep getting longer."

On getting back into shape after giving birth:

“It’s so much work afterward to get the weight off. I thought I was going to throw up (the first time she went jogging after giving birth). If you just do it, it comes off. And when you’re nursing, like I am, your metabolism is like, whoosh!"

I love her. She is so beautiful. I've seen her perform once, in New Orleans. She was so amazing. She has a smile that just makes you want to be her friend.

I love her - endlessly. Even tho her latest album sucks.

I want to see her concert badly... all her shows are several hours away. Boo.

I think she's amazingly beautiful. Just her skin, and her cheekbones. In the filmclip 'cool' you get to see what she'd look like if she were less 'outthere' and more normal, and she's just so pretty like that. I don't know who else could carry the look that she has.

I loved the music she did with No Doubt. Her solo stuff is too teenage for me. The pictures are beautiful though.

Back