MicaBella/MicaBeauty: Questions about their products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this brand? I saw it at a kiosk in the mall, but didn't really stop, didn't want to hassle with a salesperson--but it did look like mineral makeup to me. Has anyone tried it? How are the ingredients?

Okay I cant view that thread so I will bring this one back to life, I just bought this today. The girls would not let me leave and they kept lowering the price so I could take it...which I did only because they said I could return it if unsatisfied.

WHen they first approached me I said "sorry not interested, Ive tried so many mineral foundations and have never been satified, Ive gonne back to using channel." So she says "what did you try?" I start naming them "BE, EDM, Urban Decay, Monave,Jane Iredale....etc" and she stops me and says, "our minerals do not have an expiration date, those companies call themselves pure but our really no,t they have experation dates and minerals dont expire." The ingredients on this brand are : Mica, Sericite and Black Iron oxide. Im not too familiar with these so can anyone tell me if they are really pure?

THe finish was awesome, very luminous and the coverage took care of all my red/purple acne scarring. I was amazed but thought jeez why is it so expensive? I got the kit for

$179 which included, 2 brushes, 1 bronzer 1 blush 1 foundation (9 grams each), and three eyeshadows (same size as BE's) did I pay to much? Has anyone else tried this? What do you think? Maybe I'l post some pictures (if I can figure out how) lol

i've seen this at the mall too. i've never tried it so i can't judge but at 60 bucks a foundation there better be gold in it! LOL

why I dont live in the statessssssssssssssss??????

grrrrrrrrrr!!

we dont have nothing in the mall!!!

The only mmu that you mentioned that I know of that has an expiration date is BE, and that's because it's required because it contains SPF. The minerals themselves will not go bad. It sounds to me like those salesladies were waaaay too pushy!

But if you like the product, you might as well keep it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

^^^ I know that the EDM site says specifically that its foundation cannot harbor bacteria so it doesn't expire. Anyway, I took a look at the micabella site. Six foundation shades? Really? That's worse than BE, and only a little better than Sheer Cover.

In my honest opinion, I think you were completely ripped off. The Micabella site is stating that just the foundation is $60!!! I think that is wayyy too much for mineral foundation, no matter the brand. You could do so much better from a smaller company, such as the ones you can find on this forum.

I'm sorry if I am being outspoken, but I hate when people get taken advantage of.

Mica is quite typical in mineral makeup. Sericite is basically a type of very fine mica, and is also a common ingredient in many mineral makeup brands, and iron oxide is a very, very typical ingredient in mineral makeup. I'll bet that if you sample more brands, you would find one much cheaper that gave you the same great finish. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The ones you have tried didn't work for me, either, but Lumiere in the cashmere finish is my HG, and there are many others that are very, very nice as well. Mineral Makeup Mania (Delphi forum) lists the names and has links to a couple dozen (at least) mineral makeup companies. Also, since minerals don't harbor bacteria, they aren't going to expire, unless they get moisture in them, as water/moisture makes a happy home for bacteria. So if you keep your minerals dry, they will last and last and last. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That's one of the great things about sampling minerals, because if you get an eye shadow you're not too into, in a couple years when your tastes change (mine change frequently!!) you can go back to the old pigments and try them out again!!! LOL!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Recently, my friend purchased her own set of Micabella minerals at the mall for a whopping $400+. If she was willing to spend that much, I'm sure the finish was fabulous. However, I'm sure there could have been a cheaper alternative since most mineral makeup are just about the same.

My first mineral makeup experience was trying out Micabella this summer. The saleslady was really pushy and they do NOT take returns or exchanges even on sealed, unused products.

She applied a foundation powder on me and the salesgirls said it was my match. Yet when I looked in the mirror it was obviously the wrong undertone. I didn't purchase it. Besides why spend $60 on the same mineral makeup you can get elsewhere for $10.

Their eyeshadow colors were beautiful and sparkly. I didn't know about mineral makeup websites so I foolishly purchased 3 for $30. Now that I know better, their colors are the same colors that I seen other MMU companies carry. They said they gave me a discount lol! Their eyeshadows are priced at $15 each for 1.75g so the more you buy they will discount it. The eyeshadows are multi-use pigments.

I asked them what the ingredients were and all they said was Mica. The salesgirls are misleading and the prices are too much. They don't give samples. If you wanted to buy the foundation, primer, and bronzer be prepared to spend over $150.

The Real ingredients in the pigments are: Mica, carmine, titanium dioxide

I had been stopped by the saleswomen at the same Micabella kiosk in one of my favorite malls for months. I had let them give me a free sample once or twice, but I had always turned them and their ridiculous prices down no matter how much they tried to force me to buy their products.

I had noticed that none of the women working at the kiosk would give me any sort of detail when answering my questions, which isn't how to make me want to buy the makeup you're selling. Actually, it doesn't seem like anyone's had an experience where their saleswoman wasn't misleading, vague or pushy, have they?

This particular mall kiosk had ended up going out of business because no one would buy their overpriced stuff! I wasn't surprised. I had stopped by on their second last day, and the woman was so desperate to sell me something that i convinced her to sell me an 8-pot stack of the shimmers (in the colors I wanted instead of a pre-made set) for 20 dollars. 2.50$ per pot? not bad at all.

I got #37, #40, #77, #81, #85, #96, #104, #108.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the shimmers, the colors i picked are gorgeous and they do work well, but there's definitely BOUND to be cheaper brands with the very same effect. Had I not gotten them for such a steal, I would have held out and shopped around for a cheaper find.

So, my advice: If you find a Micabella stand going out of business, why not heckle with them a little!!! You just might get a steal of a price like I did. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went to a Micabella kiosk a couple of days ago after someone else had brought them up to me. Very interesting that the bottom of the foundation jar had the ingredients listed as Mica and iron oxides, but an SPF 15 rating. Since there was no zinc oxide or titanium dioxide listed on the ingredients, there's no SPF. Or the jar is improperly labeled, so lord knows what ELSE might be in there as well. And unless they've had their products tested, they can't legally make any SPF number claim. All of the eye shadows I picked up had a combined ingredient list (one size fits all) of mica, iron oxides, may contain titanium dioxide, carmine. Which contain carmine? What if I'm a vegan? Which DON'T contain titanium dioxide so I know not to buy them since they'll have little staying power? Pay through the nose, get inaccurate information. I'll pass.

i always stop by that kiosk at the mall.. im not too into GLITTERY eyeshadows, im more of a matte person.. i mean i play around with it, id so totally use it if it didnt cost me a million dollars. i go their synthetic silk or whatever brush set. usually it was like 179 or whatnot but i got it for 85, it was a prom special or sumthing. the make up is good but its not THAT good, i wouldnt play that much for the makeup, even the make up boxes are expensive, i can get that at swapmeet for like half the price.

This is really quality make-up. A little on the expensive side, but it's all I use now and prior to using Micabella it was nothing but Mary Kay and such, now I've simplified, better quality and have a better feel to my skin and my husband has even noticed how much softer I look.

Well worth talking to the sales rep. If you need to talk let me know.

I am not a sales rep, only a product of Micabella!

Autumn

:rockwoot:I have used several and then some more of the mineral products out there and have come back to Micabella. It's been the only one to maintain well in hot weather, does not give break outs and wears well without having to use much. The cost can be brought down by haggling, or shopping on line, there are many distributors now on line selling the products at $35 to $40 on the $65 and higher sold at the Kiosk. There may be many brands out there selling mineral products, but this one is the only one I have found to have the best combination mixture and finer powder quality.

One thing I found out is it might be very expensive but I bought the foundation and a brush for like $80 including taxes, and I thought I had gotten ripped off till it lasted almost a year! And that was with wearing it every single day. So I figure $80 a year for foundation wasn't a bad price to pay at all!

Latest posts

Back