fishchick72

MicaBella/MicaBeauty: Questions about their products

I've been a fanatic with a couple of brands just like MICABella since 1999. True Colors and Colorevolition. True Colors was the one that started it all for me. Since their prices have recently increased along with Colorevolution, I decided to find another brand to try.

I just ordered my first set of MICABella. I'm so excited to try it out. While I've never used any of the foundations, I'm head over heels for their eyeshadows. I'm very happy with Bare Minerals foundation, so I wouldn't be caught dead spending $60 on foundation. On eyeshadow though, that's another story.

You've all be talking about how expensive it is for all their products. I've always purchased the 8 stacks. It's small portions, but you can try more colors and find the ones you love the most, then invest in a bigger container for more money. Don't forget to check out ebay too. I just purchased 2 8 stacks for $30! Even before trying the product I know it's at least worth $30. I'm getting the Wild Horses and Vibrant stacks.

True Colors and Colorevolution have ignored my recent emails to them to ask simple questions, so I won't be buying directly from them any time soon, I'll stick to ebay :)

Also I have some colors that I use daily that I've had for years! They last forever, so no matter how much you end up spending, it's well worth it b/c of how long they last.

Please try them out! If you like vibrant and natural colors, you will love these products!

Suggestion for the eyeshadow, use a base before applying. The color will be so much more vibrant! I get compliments all the time on my eyes and it's all thanks to brands like these. Forget MAC, stick to Multi Task Mineral Pigments! :o)

I find it pretty sketchy that the members raving about Micabella tend to sign up, post once or twice about the brand, and then never post again...doesn't really make me want to try the brand, to be honest.

• Like 1

Yeah and I figured people like you would comment on that. Did you ever think that I just found this forum?

I was just offering an opinion to other makeup lovers. Isn't that what this forum is for? I guess I misread what the original poster was asking about.

Sorry that you think you're so much better then me b/c you've posted 12,000 about makeup. Get a life maybe?

I'll make sure I don't post on this forum again. I'd rather discuss products with people who ask opinions and actually appreciate the responses they get.

If you're not one of those people that join MuT, rave about Micabella once, then leave, that's great! You are more than welcome here. This would also mean that you are not included in the group that I was referring to, and would have no need to be defensive.

I was just saying that having numerous members join just to rave about Micabella and then not contrubute to MuT ever again just gives the appearance that people working for the company are trying to push their product.

I just found this forum yesterday by searching for ''micabella'' into Google.

I had a pretty bad experience with the saleslady. She didn't listen to anything I was saying!

I had virtually NO MONEY WITH ME, about thirty dollars. And I needed that thirty dollars to buy shirts for my new job which requires you wear blue tops. I had just moved into my own apartment too, I told her there was no way in heck I could buy a 200 dollar makeup set right now.

''WELL ILL GIVE YOU A DEAL, I CAN ONLY DO THIS FOR ONE PERSON A DAY - HOW ABOUT $150??''

NOOOO leave me alone!

It makes me wonder how they are trained. Apparently they will be fired if they don't get a lot of sales, because everyone here is seemingly gettng pushed around by these people at the mall.

I noticed that too, that on the last three posts of the first page, it's all people with ''1'' post raving about MicaBella...

After trying 6 different MMU lines I chose LauRess and thought they were expensive at $22 for the foundation. But I really like it. The thing with kiosk buying is it's such an impulse buy and there is the sales pressure. Online you can leisurely order samples, check out the diff lines in every light, and make a decision based on many factors. (I also won't be ordering e/s from them as I think they are too pricey and I don't like their range (EDM for that). I'm just glad you are satisfied and can justify the cost.

Ooops! This will be my 1st post on this forum. But I've been lurking for about 2 years...

To clarify: I do not work fo Micabella even though this is my first post. I am a boring housewife.

I purchased MicaBella for the first and onlytime in Cali last summer(I don't think they have it here in Michigan).

I didn't notice anything extraordinary about it, but I loved the boldness of the colors (pigments which I use for eyshadow) and the price was 5.00 each (I bought 5=25.00) because there was a group of us and we all bought some. I actually googled the product after I bought it to get reviews but didn't find any.

I think if you like Loreal Hip (as do!) and MAC for the vibrant colors- then you will like the Micabella pigments.

Yeah I agree with you on it seeming extremely sketchy. Kind of repulses me on that brand if you ask me with their forceful tactics. Sooooo much better companies out their with better ingredients, cheaper, and overall better quality and a lot better CS.

I discovered Micabella on a trip to California in March 2008. They were having a "special" on the foundation for $30. I'd been wanting to try mineral makeup so I let her give me a makeover and I was really pleased. I ended up buying the foundation as well as three eyeshadows. I still have and use all of them. Haven't run out yet!

My issue is that I cannot find a local kiosk. I even called to ask if they had one in NJ and was told no. I'm wary of ordering online because the shipping is $9.95 for something that only weighs a few ounces. And you can get them to lower the price if you buy them at the kiosk. Some of my eyeshadows were free when I got them last year. I tried Cartnkiosk but their shipping is $12.95. I think that's highway robbery for something so small.

I keep looking online to see if I can find a local kiosk.

I did, however, find Avon's mineral blush to be really great. Haven't tried their foundation because I was so happy with the micabella but love their blush.

After almost a year with micabella products i can only say thumbs up.

I've used various mineral makeup products micebella delivered what they promised. their products are not the cheapest although i found some websites that offer a better price IE. cartnkiosk dot com and neobuys dot com.

i really like the eye shadows, so vibrant and the colour selection is amazing.

i understand there are people who like to complain but i always think being open minded and not generalize is the key for abundance.

This sounds like a very subtle attack on everyone on this thread. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, everyone's complaint is valid when they say that micabella is pricey or that the customer service sucks. Everyone else here has just as much of a open mind as you to have tried it and most (if not all) of the posters love the product itself. With that, if you have something to say and it is supporting micabella, let it be that. Don't add subtle insults because it makes it look like you are a micabella retailer who is using propaganda to invalidate other posters' legitimate concerns just to make a sale.

Making your own mica eyeshadow is fun and SUPER easy. You can get sample sizes of a million colors of mica from tkbtrading They have recipes there, too. I don't have enough posts for a link, just add the .com.

They actually have 9 shades of foundation, and their product variety is way better then BE, just look at their eye shadows.

At first I bought their foundation at the kiosk in the mall near my house but then I bought a few times on cartnkiosk dot com and neobuys dot com, its cheaper and came to my door after 3 days, Awesome!!!:rockwoot:

Helen

Hello everyone! I know I'm new here, and I've read some "defensive" type comments in other threads, so let me first say that I DO NOT sell any cosmetics. Ok, now that that's out of the way :uglyhammer:

I got sucked in by the Micabella kiosk. The eyeshadow pigments are very rich and sparkly. I ended up buying 8 colors. Once you get to 3, it was buy one get one free. So I paid $60 for the 8 colors, or $7.50 each. I am still experimenting with applying the colors, so any advice would be appreciated! The salesman showed me all the things you can do with the pigments: apply dry or wet to your eyelids, get it a little more wet and use it as a liner, apply dry to your cheeks/face, mix with clear lip balm & apply to your lips, somehow you are suppose to be able to apply it to your hair (not for me), and you can even mix it with clear polish and make nailcolor. Pretty neat! But what sold me was how rich the colors are.

Now, for the foundation. I've been using BE for nearly 5 years & I love the way mineral makeup makes my skin look and feel. However, BE does not really cover my mild acne scars, even with concealer. So I've been in the market for a new product, I've just been dragging my feet because I have a lot of BE left to use. So I let the guy take my makeup off & apply the Micabella foundation. The guy was a little rough! But, when I looked in the mirror I was plesantly suprised! My scars were completely covered with no concelear. He added some blush & it looked fantastic! I had a very nice glow. However, after I did some shopping and got back to my car, I looked in the mirror and I could see EVERY pore on my face. Not flattering.

So, my search continues. Any suggestions for a mineral makeup that provides good coverage without sinking into your pores, and is priced the same or less than BE?

Mama Leid, there's a thread with a listing of people's fav companies. I'd go read that. I did and was shocked. I had no idea there were so many companies out there! wow.

Just wanted to add my two cents. I am not a saleperson of MicaBella...and I have just really begun getting interested in makeup...

I am no expert when it comes to makeup, as I have probably only tried a total of 3 brands in my life. I, too, was stopped by a salesperson at the mall, and I fell for her little ploy. She was nice, but pushy. I knew that I was getting "ripped" off, but I actually really wanted to try this product.

I have never used mineral makeup in my life, and I was pleasently surprised by this makeup. I have bad skin, with acne scars. I also happen to be allergic to makeup, so it is really an issue when it comes to foundation. Even if the makeup is hypoallergenic, my face becomes all bumpy and red.

Soooo....I bought the foundation. I like the eyeshadow colors, but I am no so much into the glimmer. Anyway, so far, I like how the makeup feels on my face. I have used it for about a week now, and my skin has not been iritated, yet.

I haven't used other mineral products yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if I get the same results with it.

As for me, I am just so happy that I haven't broken out in hives or pimples on my face yet. DEFINITELY overpriced, even though she "lowered" it, but I really just want a foundation that doesn't hurt my face so much. So far, I am feeling good with what I bought. I have 3 sisters, and they all have said that my face looks good. They also like the product, but also feel that it is overpriced. I am sure you could find something with the same results, but for cheaper.

Anyway, that is how I feel.

I am sure I can research it, and I am probably in the wrong place to ask this, but does anybody recommend any other mineral products that work well? I am happy with micabella, but not for this price.

I walked by this kiosk at the mall once and the lady sure tried to sucker me. I almost felt bad for this sad, desperate person who probably didn't make a sale all day (due to the highly overpriced products she was trying to push). But I was sensible that day and did not waste my money. I took a look at some of the products and honestly, nothing really appealed to me. Some of the eyeshadows were very sparkly and pretty, but nothing that I wouldn't be able to find on CoastalScents.com for about 75% cheaper.

$60 for a mineral foundation is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard of. Especially since the shades were so limited.

I will never buy anything from this line and that's that.

Oh, and by the way:

Those "undercover" Micabella employees on here are HILARIOUS! Honestly, who do you guys think you're fooling? Most of the rave comments about Micabella are MONTHS old, and the user still only has ONE post.

People crack me up.

=)

• Like 1

I've used Micabella for a small amount of time.

I'm not too into the whole mineral makeup craze, but I wanted to try something different from my usual. [CS palette's are next on my list] So I bought some. They have a "deal" where you buy 4 or more and get that many more free. So I did in fact get 5 and got 5 free.

I didn't have any problem with the salesperson, other than their lack of English. Well he spoke English, just Jamaican slang and his dreads were gross. He didn't try to throw the sales pitch at me either.

The woman the night before I decided to buy it gave me all this bullshit about how it was the only makeup that didn't make her breakout. But she wasn't wearing any makeup in the first place and had a ton of acne. |:

Awkward.

Anyways, I am generally a firm MAC eyeshadow wearer, buy I occasionally use just Micabella on my eyes. If you are trying for high contrast looks you'll want colors that are really really dark and really light. They blend together really easy, at least for me. But they feel a lot lighter on my eye than MAC eyeshadows.

But I think I'll always be a MAC person, I'm just so used to working with their products. It's just a preference thing.

I took the plunge and bought some about a year ago.

I don't wear make up all the often, I was down to about twice a year, simply because I couldn't find any that I wasn't at least mildly allergic to, so I would only wear for special occations, and given the shelf life of makeup, most of it had to be replaced each time I wanted to wear it.

Selling points:

1. "Forever" shelf life. Couple of full makeup replacements, even with the cheaper stuff, and you have paid for the micabella.

2. Not a bunch of chemicals to be allergic to.

3. Didn't react when I put it on my skin, even on a day when I was already being allergied.

Experiences:

The shadow can be a bit of a pain to work with if you aren't used to the loose stuff. Especially if you aren't using the eye primer (and I don't since it's something with a shelf life that I can be allergic to.)

Getting the consistancy correct for the eyeliner can be a bit of a pain. I'm STILL trying to learn to get that one right the first time.

Much easier to mix the powder in with the clear mascara than it is to try to mix enough correctly to cover the lashes as you need it. Down side to that, you'll go through the stuff more quickly as mascara has a shelf life.

I've actually worn make up 6 times since I bought it about a year ago, which is up from my 2 times a year. I find the foundation coverage is good, and it was easy, even for a relative novice, to master application.

The lip stuff was fairly easy to master as well, even using your own balm base (homemade in my case as I cannot wear what they sell).

Admittedly, I have enough of the stuff to likely last me 10 years at the rate I wear it, even if I'm not careful with it, but at least it will last that long.

The sales pitch is pretty high pressure, but if you can resist all the 8 million extras they try to give you, the starter kit can be a pretty good deal.

That's my two cents. I wouldn't say it's the greatest, and certainly not the simplest to apply, but it has given me back the ability to actually wear make up, which counts for something.

Today I purchased my first Micabella face cream. I wasn't going to, because the lady started out at $200. and I told her no way, then she got softer and said for you I sell it for $169. I still said no, so she started whispering and said because it is the holiday season I'll sell it to you for $100. I then said thank you, but no thanks and attempted to walk away when she took my arm and walked me to the register and whispered $59. because I can see you really want it. At that point I said yes. I had that happy go lucky feeling until I got home and found it online for $34.95 :lol: YEEK!.

Oh well, you just never know. I needed the cream for my eczema, day skin. It did feel good on my face.

WOW! Do I feel like a TOTAL SUCKER!!!!!:tocktock:

I paid $21 effing dollars a pot of eyeshadow....bought 4 got 4 free...for another $10 got 2 more....

But then came the $85 I paid for the powder foundation!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so enthralled by the pretty colors...what a LOSER!

Let's not forget the Moisturizer - that I got at a "special price"....what a CROCK!!!

To think I was actually going to tell my Derby league about this makes me sick to my stomach. Wow...cannot believe there are people out there like this, and people like me who are so gullible! I sure hope my $200 was worth it to you Micabella....because you just lost thousands in legitimate sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!