Rave for Neutrogena's New Acne Stress Control Line...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, for the past two weeks, my skin has been breaking out like crazy, and I had no idea why. I hadn't changed makeup or any skincare, so I'm blaming it on the weather change. My skin was breaking out in those red boil-type zits that are under the surface and take forever to heal, along with those little bumpy ones everywhere on my forehead, cheeks, and chin. Previously, I had been using just Dove beauty bar, Cetaphil Cream, and occasionally Olay Clarity toner (2% salicylic acid).

I decided to try this new line b/c the whole "MicroClear" technology interests me, even though I have a feeling it's just a marketing ploy, and it was on sale at CVS. I bought the Power Foam Wash (.5% salicylic acid) and the 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment (2% salicylic acid). There is also a scrub, but right now my skin is too dry to handle it, but maybe in the summer I will give it a whirl. Anyways, the facewash is GREAT, gets all my makeup off, and doesn't sting in my eyes. I find that lighting rubbing it for about a minute or so really helps my skin get clean, and I feel like the SA might be doing something other than going down the drain this way.

The Treatment gel is OUTSTANDING. Usually, my skin only clears up with Benzoyl Peroxide, but I hate using it because it drys my skin out like crazy and bleaches my sheets. This stuff is very liquidy, and easy to spread on and rub into the skin. I can actually wear makeup over this and it doesn't ball up or cake (HELLO Clean & Clear Invisible treatment, I'm looking at you).

I have been using both every day, and the gel at night, for two weeks, and my skin is SO much better. The underground cysts are all but gone, and before where I had large, painful pimples, I now have small, shrunken clogged pores that are going away quickly. I know skincare varies for everyone, but I would really reccommend trying this stuff if what you're using isn't hacking it anymore.

This was a really long post, but I am just so pleased with my results! I've never thought medicated facewash or Salicylic Acid did anything for my skin, but these are great products. Maybe Neutrogena is onto something with that MicroClear business.

I'm glad to hear that it's working for you. I HATE those big, nasty, under-the-skin, painful zits. I had one recently inbetween my boobs and that sucker was HUGE. Sorry - off topic. Anywho, I might consider trying this stuff. I'm getting bored with my Dove Bar.

Back