I just went through a hair dying nightmare!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have a scary hair story, but actually with a happy ending, thank goodness !

So last Friday I got a call from my friend who does my hair. Pregnant – drs. orders, immediately stay away from perming / coloring solutions. Egak! Next day she was to dye my hair for the wedding, 3 weeks away.

Of course I was panicking as my hair takes 3 weeks for the color to go nice and for the texture to calm down. Well, I managed to get in to see a gal that has actually done my friend’s hair a couple of times.

Well, this gal shouldn’t be coloring! My instructions to her were: deep caramel base color, dark taupy highlights, follow what is already there, and no blonde. I’m not sure how difficult that was to understand, but what did she do? She BLEACHED my hair ! I came out orange with huge chunks of peroxide blonde, my whole head was extremely light. She had told me she was putting the 2 colors in, never said anything about bleach. Had I have known that’s what she was putting bleach in rather than color I’d have stopped her – I didn’t find out til the blow-dry, when I saw it.

Major arguments and apparently it was MY fault. Anyway she put toner on. When I got home I noticed I had masses of burnt, fried hair at the ends, I’m lucky she didn’t burn at the roots! Anyway next morning I showed up as soon as they opened and flipped out again. They added more toner, refund refused because apparently, it was “my†fault still. Anyway, thanks to spending many waking hours moisturizing/babying it and a fortune spent on Sebastian potion #9, biolage conditioners, raw eggs, olive oil, and purple shampoo it is all fixed up. I’m really surprised actually, but my hair was pretty healthy before I went in, which is probably the only thing that saved me.

Anyway, that’s my hair rant, with a happy ending somewhat. It looks ok but lighter than I was wanting … I’m still so cheezed off at someone having put bleach in my hair without telling me. Who the heck does that ?? !!

glad your hair turned out ok but they still have should given ur money back i dont see how it was your fault you told her to dye it not bleach it

i hate how they made you pay for them to fix it!!! so many of the 'professionals' respond on hair talk forums that people with problem hair shouldnt try to fix things themselves and that they should go back and DEMAND that the stylist that messed it up should fix it for free, but YOUR situation is the REALITY!

anyway, im glad your hair is ok in the end!!

OMG, That's terrible, but at least you got it somewhat fixed!

I'm happy for you, for that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You shouldn't have had to pay her, for her services though!!

I use to go to an expensive salon and had my hair cut and coloured.

The staff was metaculous for writing down things like which colour and highlighting dyes they used. These recordings were kept in binders.

This way, any staff could colour/highlight any client and the results would always be what the client wanted.

How exactly do they thin it could possibly be your fault? What did they say?

Did they say why it was "your fault"??? Seems like they should've tried to make you as happy as possible after effing up your hair.

Im glad it came out good at the end. But still! THey should have never done that, specially blamed you!

thanks everyone! the owner wasn't there when I went back and freaked out the second day, so it was just me dealing with the hairdresser, trying to cover her own back saying that is what I'd asked for ...

i think the biggest lesson i learned of all is to never go to anyone other than the usual hairdresser! So if my girlfriend doesn't return to coloring hair by the time i'm ready for a touch up I'm going back to natural !!

my girlfriend was going to put a few blond streaks on my fiance's hair too before she found out she was preggers, of course, he's not going to anyone for color now, he's foregoing it altogether after my fiasco. smart guy LOL

That is ridiculous. Even if they thought it was your fault, they should have refunded your money. You should care more about satisfying your customer and trying to keep a customer. I would call the owner and talk to them and let them know that you were not happy with her services and she refused to refund your money and that you would not be returning to their salon. That is not how you do business.

I would have been a complete ***** and sat my ass on the floor and refused to leave until my money was refunded!

Back