Self Waxing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
not sure where ths goes but have any of you done waxing yourself? eyebrows legs arms bikini etc.... where can you find a good at home wax kit that is easy to use i have heard of people getting burned because they didnt know how to properly heat the wax to the right temp also can you use it on any part of your body?

I do my lip and brows - and I LOVE Moom for this. It's a water soluble sugar solution, it doesn't take much at all to warm it to spreading consistency, and it doesn't rip off skin. Many ladies also use it for legs, bikin and arms and such, but I'm unwaxable (even by pros) so I just use it for facial hair.

I think there are other brands of sugaring - Moujon, Parissa, probably even Sally Hansen makes a sugaring solution. The biggest benefit to me for using a sugaring solution rather than a wax is in clean up - it's water soluble, so washes right off and out, unlike waxes with need to be picked off, ripped off, melted, or dissolved with oil.

There are also prewaxed strips that work pretty well - you just separate the strip and stick it to the area you want hair removed from, then tear off the strip. The moom is more pain-free for me, though.

This is embarassing but I tried to do home waxing and I had A HORRRRRIBLE experience, the wax was too hot and I burnt my bikini area up something bad, and then I let the wax get too cool and I was too afraid of the pain to finish and I had a time, trying to peel it off, let's just say I laugh about it now, but I'll leave all waxing except for underarms to the professionals.

yah i pulled up as opposed to across and ripped my skin right off! i had a scar for a while

I just bought one from Sally Hansen and it comes with a spatula that you dip in the wax and it has the word "ready" on it. If the word disappears the wax is too hot. I just for the first time waxed my own stash and eyebrows. The eyebrows were easy to wax but the lip was another story. I cannot inflict pain on myself so i was scared to pull it off. I ripped off the wax and man did it hurt. I will stick to just doing my own brows and get the lip done by someone.

It depends on the area, use sally hansen wax strips on your face, it's already on there all you do is warm it up, I do it with a blowdryer. If your doing your legs use some cloth strips Sally hansen also, stay away from Nads. Also you might want some cortisone cream for the post-redness, apply right afterward and it'll disappear really quick.

I use Veet strips on my legs and they work really well. They're strips of cold wax that you just apply on your leg and rip off in the opposite direction. I've yet to try self waxing anywhere else though. Would probably leave sensitive areas to the professionals.

i had a similar experience - i will NEVER wax at home ever again. my wax wasn't too hot, it just wouldn't rip off properly with the cotton. When I went to rip it off it was all just sort of almost permanently glued to the cotton. So I had to get the cotton off from the wax slowly then cut and peel off the wax from my bikini line, talk about painful, i'm shivering now just remembering about it

I use the GI GI waxing kit. However, I WILL NEVER TRY AND WAX MY OWN ARMPITS AGAIN! When I tried to pull the strip off, the wax did not come with it! Thank God I know the owner of a salon around the corner. I had to drive over there - hoping my arm would not stick to my armpit, and she had to rewax it for me.

I have no problem doing my own bikini area, but you have to be able to pull your skin taunt enough when pulling the strips off - obviously, I couldn't do that with my armpits! :scream3:

ive burnt myself before too & i got wax everywhere! ill never do it myself again :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i cant reach all the spots that need to be waxed anyway! lol

NoHeatGelRemover.jpg

This is the one I use and love!! No heating, just rub on and wax off!

I use Marzena, or whatever it's called, wax strips for my legs. The packaging says it'll last up to 8 weeks, but I find the hair is noticeable after 2. Am I using it wrong? (I heated it up between my palms.) Does hot wax work better?

On the other hand. The pain is almost laughable. I thought pulling out hair would be much more painful, but it wasn't too bad. (I don't have too much hair. Don't know if that makes a difference.)

I know how to do self waxing

but it takes so much time if I do it myself.

for this reason i dont haha.

Back