How I quit foundation...Cold Turkey.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you've read some of my past posts you might know that I am a former foundation junkie. I have over 30 sitting in my cabinet right now.

I was always searching for the foundation that would make my life better. Moisturizing not oily. Good coverage, but not cakey. Long wearing, but noncomedogenic. Because I am a professional makeup artist I always felt this intense pressure to be perfect. I would pretty much call in sick if a pimple found it's way into my routine.

Well last Summer I finally realized I was crazy. I quit foundation cold turkey. The first time I ventured out sans foundation my skin recoiled in shock. I felt like everyone was staring. Were they looking at my freckles? I bravely soldiered on knowing that the initial fear would subside. Well Ladies...I've never felt better. People said I looked "fresh" and a lot younger. People asked me why I ever wore foundation. My skin looks better, my face feels lighter and I don't feel chained down by my Diorskin. I wrote this thread to encourage everyone to free themselves of the foundation addiction. I am strictly sheer tinted moisturizer now! I may never go totally bare, but the TM is like a nicotine patch for the heavy foundation I left behind.

Have you girls ever quit a cosmetic?

Congrats on ending addiction! lol, I quit lipstick, I dont really know why, I felt like my lips are too big so, I left it alone. I would love to handle my skin better and quit foundation though, I bet it is awsome! Being 95% natural and all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow congrats - I've considered quitting foundation because I dont really need it...def. something to think about.

Congrats to you for kicking your addiction. The only thing I cold turkey stop wearing is foundation but ONLY in the summer. Only because the redness goes away from being tanned. But I do NEED it, especially in the winter to hide my marks and imperfections.

im glad you were able to! my skin is splotchy and im getting older, so foundation wont be something to leave off for me........i DID used to wear black eyeliner every day, never seen without it allllllll the way around my eye, and about five years ago i finally quit to look more natural and dont miss it a bit!

i quit eyeshadows because of my allergies. I havent worn any since july. I do wear eyeliner sometimes.

lmao.... I too quit acrylic nails and i too will NEVER quit pedis....lmao

i quit lipstick as well, and i quit wearing dark e/s, i only wear natural pinks and glosses, im not sure about giving up on foundation, my under eye circles are too obvious for me to go out without it >.< i hate them, but, sometimes i do go out without makeup and i dont care, i dont think people would stare, cause nobody knows me so they wont know the difference between seeing me with or without makeup :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You're lucky no one knows you! I would be having dinner with my family and people would come up to me and ask me how to use the brow kit they bought! I would get so frustrated. When I went to the doctor I recognized the nurse. I had done her makeup and she wanted a recap on what I did...all while checking my blood pressure...hahah. Everytime I left the house I felt like I didn't know who I'd run into....

I'll never quit foundation! I'm jealous your skin is nice enough to do so, though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll be willing to skip the foundation during the day, but at night, I think it just gives me that extra polished look.

I've never worn foundation up until now & I am 34. I can easily go without it, but I am now enjoying having the option.

i use to never wear foundation and still think i look better with out it

but im like you were befor always trying to find the perfect one.

I have to wear foundation because I have Rosacea. I buy lots of foundation too trying to find something non cakey but good coverage. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear it! Congrats on going cold Turkey, I wish I could!

In the past I almost never wore foundation because I could never find one that looked 'natural' over my freckles. As I've gotten older though, I don't feel that my skin is as make-up optional as it used to be. So, I've been recently trying mineral make-up, and so far, I've been fairly pleased with it.

Congrats on quitting!

Hmmm, I guess I just don't have an addictive personality, I don't do anything too the extreme, I always go w/out foundation, I never wear tons of eyeliner, sometimes I don't wear any eyeliner at all.

I quit lipstick. I never would leave home without it, I was addicted. Then one day my neighbor walked over to talk to me while I was working in the yard. She asked what lipcolor I was wearing because it was just gorgeous on me and she had to have some. Turns out I was just wearing lip balm, mentha lip I think it was or some BBW thing. I guess I realized that I was covering up my really pretty natural lip color. I haven't use anything but lip balm since. I'll never go back to covering them up!

Congrats on quitting! I used to have a lil stash of liquid foundations , but i threw it all away and now i onli use Mineral foundation.

I also quit acrylics cuz it made my nails so brittle after i took 'em off.

i agree about the dark circles. I don't wear foundation a lot , but when i go to church or somewhere where i need to dress up, I have to have my foundation cuz just using onli concealer under my eyes looks sooo weird... but if i don't cover it up.. it looks scary .. lol.

Latest posts

Back