Just a rant.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I went to Nordstrom Rack for the first time today. I was looking at some watches and found a cute Gucci watch and at amazing price, so I pointed it out to my boyfriend...and when I did that, a lady came over to look at it too. My boyfriend also noticed a watch he liked, so he asked someone for help. The associate took out my bf's watch first, and while he was putting it on, the lady asked for the watch I wanted! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was sad but I thought, "Oh well." After my boyfriend decided to buy his watch, I asked for another Gucci watch since that woman was still trying on the watch I liked, and her daughter pointed to it a second later! So when the associate took it out, I said "Go ahead" to the daughter and tried to be nice. She looked annoyed and when she was done looking at it, she kinda tossed it our way. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So, I still really wanted that first watch, so we were patiently waiting...we tried to walk around a bit so she wouldn't feel pressed. Anyway, she knew it wanted it, and ended up putting the watch on hold! The store was going to close in an hour and she could only keep it on hold til then. I almost feel like she did it just so I couldn't have it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What a pooper.

I was bummed. But to make me feel better, my BF took me to Ulta!

I guess I'm just whining, but it sure makes me feel better!

the most important thing about outlet shopping- it's a contest and there are only so many prizes, so if you are going to be polite and let someone else get to that prize first, than you cannot be upset about it. well, you can be, but you have to learn from it.

my best friend was eyeing a cashmere cowelneck sleeveless sweater in the most awesome spring green ever. She gasped out loud and got the attention of another shopper who then touched it. my friend, who is the MOST seasoned shopper in the world, (to the point of maye needing an intervention), and she looked the lady straight in the eye, and said, excuse me. I was looking at it first. and grabbed it before the lady had a chance to get any grip.

I was at first a little taken aback, and my friend said it's part of the game, and at 19.99 for a 100% cashmere knit top, she was playing to win.

i am on the phone with her and she said if she were you and that lady made a statement about putting something on hold that they can only put on hold for for another hour, she would have said something right there. "excuse me. but i was REALLY interested in that watch and if you are still thinking about it, i have already made up my mind. either take it now, or hand it over."

sometimes, you have to take risks, speak up, and grab at the things you want in life, especially if it's on sale.

Lol brewgrl, and your friend, please go shopping with me! I need strong, firm people!

my friend is amazing... during my baby shower she rented a park, and no one else realized they could actually rent the whole thing out but us. this lady thought she could just have her daughter's party there as well, and when she went to ask if she could use just a few tables (20 tables in all- we had 60 guests), my friend just knew immediately that it wouldn't be that way, and told her no- firmly over and over, and basically told her she really needed to stop because she wasn't budging. good thing too, because her daughter's party was her entire class with parents, of like 60-70 people! my hostess spent $300 to have that park for the entire day.

i learn something everyday about standing up to people, and being sure to make no excuses for it. as women, we are taught to be polite and be on our best behavior at all times and be encouraging to others. men are taught to win and that the world is their oyster. That's also why men get paid more- they ask for it and expect it.

well, i am a big pearl lover, so I have a lot of oysters to take a hold of. and you do too.

oh brewgrl that is so true.. I've learnt a lot about standing up to people from my current job. I have people who will still be in the change rooms of the gym where I work TWENTY MINUTES after we close. You just have to be firm and say, look. We're closed. The alarm is going on, security will be called if you stay here. It's tough though! I'm still learning!

Aplsmash, I hate that kind of situation. That woman sounded like a biatch!

that would annoy me too ...

you've got great taste, i LUV gucci watches! i had one a really long time ago it lasted 10 years and still looked great. I actually even sold it then only coz I was bored of it at the time. probably dating myself here it was one of those gold ones with colored rings that you changed up to match your outfit, man I loved that watch, I wish I could afford one now!

I have learned over the years to be more assertive. That Gucci watch would have been going home with me=)

So true!

They call assertive men go-getters and assertive women *****es.

But the world is SLOWLY changing... and its okay for you to be assertive to get what you want. Dont let other people step on you when its supposed to be your way up.

aplsmash,

Since your boyfriend was there and took note of the situation,

Maybe he will get you a Gucci watch for your birthday or another special day!

you could always drop a few hints to remind him how much you would love a Gucci watch.

On a personal note, I'm like you. When I'm shopping, I'm not aggressive either.

I don't let others butt in front of me, but otherwise I'm very easy going.

that is so funny you say that because my cousin's a ***** and saw these sunglassees at h&m the other day SHE DIDN'T EVEN LIKE! right after she put them down, some girls came over to see it and she grabbed them and walked away with them (my cousin). she ended up putting it in a place the girls wouldn't find them. the girls followed her around and noticed they weren't in her hands and heard one girl say, "ask her where she put them!" she is so weird!!!!!!! what's the point of that?!

wow! that makes me mad!

wow thats just mean..

i loved what you said. so true. glad she has guts. ive never had this happen to me thank god, i'd get annoyed real fast. it's so rude. i wouldnt have let the girls daughter look at it, screw that! haha

Aww man, I wish you could have gotten your watch. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree 100% with everything brewgrl has said. It makes me wanna go out and stand up for myself a little more.

LMAO... that's so mean, but so funny!

I think the DSW commercials had it right when they had the women walking around the store, "stalking" the shoes like cougars. The only thing they didn't show were two women fighting over the same thing, like in Mean Girls - that would have been more realistic. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That sucks about your watch, though. Maybe you can find it somewhere else? Or check the store again, the woman may not have even bought it and she was just being *****y.

That women is such a witch, plus you were at the counter first!

Lol Jennifer, your cousin is so mean but that is pretty funny.

I have a friend who us pretty aggressive, she once punched a lady in CVS after the lady tried saying my friend wasn't in line blah blah blah pretty much making stuff up. I like shopping with her, we're both into sales and know how to get good deals on stuff, but she is definetly the more aggressive one. Unless someone pisses me off, I don't really care or say anything, but she will.

Brewgirl, your friend is an inspiration to us all to hold our ground and not get pushed around!

Back