What's the stupidest reason you ever bought a product?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, i'll admit that i bought almay's latest packaged powder compacts because they have a big 'a' on the compact, and my first name is 'ann'.....i actually do like and use the powder but yes that i why i bought it!!

because everyone else was, and i wanted to fit in... seriously- back in junior high, Revlon Silver City Pink was ALL the rage, and even though it's the frostiest white pink and should never be worn by any asian girl, i bought it, just so i could whip it out in the bathroom and be cool.

such a sucker, hehehe

Because I liked the packaging, because it was pink, or because it was a popular product.

Because of the name...it's an eye shadow by Aromaleigh, part of the Rocks line, called Just Like Heaven.

1. I loved that song back in HS, years and years ago.

2. I heard the Kathy Melua cover of it shortly after my very best cat in the whole world died, and it reminded me of him - "you, soft and only, you, lost and lonely, you, strange as angels." Bah - makes me cry even now.

3. This eye shadow will ALWAYS remind me of the Muffin Man. Even though it's not really a great color for me, it will be my favorite because of the name and because of the association.

How's that for irrational?

haha me too.. cause it was pink.. or the packaging was cute..

Oh, also once, I got my man to specifically drive me to dairy queen, while we were relaxing at home.. because i saw a very appetizing Blizzard commercial.. hehe

because it's a nice packaging (cute is probably one of the words i use daily ...:sleepyhead: ), because it smells good, because i saw it on an add. there's also that rebel urge sometimes saying :"come on, take it, nobody else will dare buy it, it's freakin' cool !", which is of course ridiculous :tocktock:.

1)Packaging.

2)I heard a celebrity uses it

3)I think it's going to be a "miracle" product

because it is on specil offer or i fall in love with a colour.

also pay day is another reason i buy stuff lol.

the money just burns a hole in my pocket.

Because it's on sale, or (more often) if it comes with something free - yes I'm an idiot (I think I"m saving $$ or getting a bargain but I didn't need it in the first place!), and also the collecting thing - like mini juicy tubes or pigment samples or whatever. The dumb thing is that I know I'm a sucker and continue to purchase anyway lol!!!

oh gosh, reading all your posts made me remember what i used to do in buying clothes....i'd buy something JUST because there was a 25-50% off coupon in the newspaper, i finally stopped buying clothes that i dont need....but when ULTA sends that 20% off coupon, daaayummm

Latest posts

Back