Help with huge pores

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have read a couple of threads on here about pores, but all the ones I read either said don't apply foundation where you have large pores or to use a special night cream moisturizer. I was wondering if anyone applys anything to their pores that isn't a moisturizer. I have large pores, but I use coconut oil at night as my moisturizer, so I don't need a night cream moisturizer. Or if anyone has any tips to shrick these bad boys.

I heard that getting regular facials can reduce the size of pores. I have never had a facial, but I heard they were fantastic!

Hi,

Try searching for threads that talk about toners, astringents or methods on shrinking (or closing) your pores.

When using a toner or astringent, it's best to use one that's alcohol free.
icon14.gif

Good luck. :sunshine:

Try a lotion/toner with BHA in, like Paula's Choise BHA 1% or 2% gel/lotion or liquid, or Clinique's Clarifying Lotion in fact the Mild one and the #3 have BHA in, the Mild one has no alcohol and it has only a 0.5% and the #3 is way stronger with alcohol and it has 2% BHA in, wich is better, but it can irritate you so first try samples!

IS Clinical Active Serum gave me something I NEVER expected - virtually poreless skin! I've never stuck with a product as long as I have this one. It isn't cheap but I really think it's worth it.

I just ordered a sample of the Paula's Choice BHA, so I will have to see how this works out for me once I receive it.

If anyone else has any suggestions of products they have used to shrink pores, I greatly appreciate the help!!

Clarins just came out with a pore minimizing serum that works wonders. It costs $45 but it is well worth the money.

I like Clinique Pore Minimizer. Although...you know what they say, you can't really shrink the size of your pores, unfortunately.

here is an idea befor you use the foundetion take a ice cube and rub it on your face the pores will be smallr for like 40 min and than put the foundation

Big or small pores are genetic, like the thickness of your hair. Once the pore is big, there's no way to reverse it. The only way you can minimise your pores for good is to follow a strict skin care routine. Some people say that toners are a waste of time, whereas others swear by them. Also some masks can help. Your skin my also be dehydrated which is causing your pores to look enlarged.

Heres simple mask to help Minimize your pores:

Ingredients:

1 Egg

2 drops of lime juice

How to make the Mask:

Only use 2/3 of the Egg York, mix with lime juice, then apply it on your face(avoid eyes area) for 15 mins, rinse with cool water.

It is great to use with makeup to give it that extra staying power...

I also swear by regular microdermabrasion treatments, i can't do them anymore cos I am on Roaccutane but when I did them monthly the whole skin texture improved!

I don't think anything can actually shrink pore size, BUT keeping them cleaned out diminishes their appearance, so they look smaller. I have fairly large pores so I use some form of salicylic acid to keep them cleaned out. Then I also use a primer over my sunblock to make them virtually disappear. I used to use Smashbox primer, but lately I've been saving hoops of $$ using Monestat anti-chafing gel as a primer...I love it!! The ingredients are just about the same and I truly can't tell the difference in the way the products feel....okay, I'm rambling! Sorry! hahaha

It's actually located in the feminine hygiene section of most pharmacies, Target, etc.. It's meant to be used to help with skin friction or clothing causing friction, but the ingredients are pretty much the same as Smashbox primer IMO. I was also on another website forum where we were discussing it and one of the gals there had her chemist brother look at it and he agrees...it really close! Anyway, it's like $5 and is an awesome primer regardless of what it was intended for.

I have never used a foundation primer. I bought some of this Monistat today. Do you just apply it kinda like a moisturizer and let it dry or how do you suggest using it for a primer? How many layers?

You would put it on right before your foundation, lightly apply about the same amount as you would your moisturizer in the places on your face you want to smooth out. Let it dry for a couple of minutes, then proceed with the rest of your routine. Let me know how you like it!!

Back