How did you choose your user name?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really like reading the list at the top of the MUT homepage and seeing who is online, but best of all, I like to try and imagine why people chose the names they did. So I was just thinking, what is the meaning of your username (if it has one) and why/how you chose it. AND - what is your real name?

I'll start things off -

Pink is my favourite colour and I really aspire to be a kind person, which is where the sugar bit comes from - kind, sweet - sugar. LOL

It's a nickname I've had for around 6 or 7 years, so it's kind of just stuck.

My real name is Rosie, and I guess it's kind of ironic. Rosie, pink.. haha. It all fits!

well my name is Aprill(spelled with 2 l's btw) and the 849 means absolutely nothing. Hence, Aprill849
smile.gif

lol.

when i started fencing, i met a girl and became friend with her. she was part of a forum where people from France would talk about mangas, japanese music etc... she told me i could go there too, and i had to find a cool username.

my mom always said i'm a witch (joke between us). instead i chose magician, which is said in french "magicienne".

oftenly in RPGs we say mago instead of magicien/magicienne, so i took mago, added an S because i liked it that way, and it became "Magos". after that, i played a bit with my username, and magosienne was born.

my real name is Aude. it's the oldest french firstname, and it means "the ancient". well, i suppose my username reflects that, i mean, there's always been witches and magicians in the world.

my second firstname i never use is Aurore which means dawn
rotfl.gif

jada is my name, but my friends call me jadèina. writed with number (L33T Language) becomes j4d31n4, too long and confused, so i always use j4d3, shorter and simple
biggrin.gif

lindsey is my first name... hence the L,,, nicole is my middle name and my last name starts with F... making linicolef

I love chocolate and bonbons and I already had an email username by Chocobon so....

My real name is Ayat
smile.gif

Sajedene is a character I created a while ago (you see her in my sig and in my website)

I used to use the long version of the name and people started calling me Saj... but I liked it with an E so Saje.

Oh and my real name is Dominique... but people call me Nikki.

My username is my email address. Well, actually my email is edited by moderator. I got it from my grade 10 science teacher. I think he was pointing out some important things on this certain worksheet, and to highlight them he drew a star beside it. But he couldn't draw so good, so he was like "Ok, this one gets the reject star..." and drew this wobbly weird looking star thing. It was pretty funny. And I always thought of myself as pretty much a total reject in highschool [yeah I had big huge self esteem issues the, haha], so I was like... Hey, it sounds cool, why not? And thus it became my email.

Oh, and my real name in Hilary... which should be pretty obvious in my signature
smile.gif

Sheikah is the name of a race of guardians in my favorite game saga of all time: Zelda. I've always liked it so I use it as my username.

My real name is Lorena ; )

Well in real life the people I know a lot of them have calld me batty .. I guess I can be batty lots lol

Sooooo .. hense Battygurl
biggrin.gif

Um I went to Mac and spent like 130bucks. They got more mu at walmart. Came home & my mom called me a makeup whore. I added 54 becuase its on all of John Cenas stuff. Lol im weird I know. I joined mut that day.

I had the same idea for a thread, you beat me
wink.gif

i have always been a fan of JRR Tolkien, i was once looking for weird names to use as a user name somewhere else, since i love tolkien i thought i could use one of his names, i found daeron, so i thought i would use it, it sounded nice to me, i tried to use it then as a user name but someone else had already used it, so instead of using the letter "O" i thought, well, i wont give up on it just cause someone else is already using it, so i used a zero, instead of the letter and it worked, it has been my user name everywhere for a long long time, an the meaning is:

Daeron

Minstrel of Thingol. Called the 'piper of Doriath.' He was the son of Thingol and Melian, and therefore the brother of Lúthien. When Lúthien wished to leave Doriath to search for Beren, he betrayed her to Thingol who locked her in Hirilorn. When she escaped, Daeron followed her, but got lost in the Mountains of Night. He then went to Palisor where he now plays lonely and wistful music. Previously called Dairon. It was he who first devised the writing system of the Elves, called the Cirth.

daeron-angerthas2.gif

The name Daeron was invented by J. R. R. Tolkien for the chief minstrel to the king of the grey elves who lived in Beleriand during the first age of the sun of Middle-earth. It is engraved at the top of the page in Angerthas letters, which Daeron is said to have organized into a Sindarin alphabet. The grey elves spoke the Sindarin tongue, for which Tolkien gave us a definitive pronunciation guide.

The consonants are pronounced as in English, or close enough. If you want to be precise, roll the r a bit. The vowels are pronounced as follows:

• a as in father
  • e as in bed
  • o in between the long and short o of English, like they are in most Germanic languages
OK. But actually, the a and e form a diphthong together; i.e., you morph the a into the e. Think about the long i sound in English. It's the diphthong a as in father, moving to a long e sound. Dae in Daeron sounds like the English word die to an English speaker's ear, but it's softer. Instead of sliding all the way to the long e sound, stop at a short e. It feels funny at first because we don't use that diphthong in English anymore. Practice it a time or two. There, by Ulmo, you've got it!
it is also:

Mellonath Daeron is the language guild of Forodrim, both founded in 1972. We study the languages created by Professor J.R.R. Tolkien, in particular Quenya and Sindarin, and the writing systems known as tengwar and cirth. A few results of our efforts are available on these pages.

One of our efforts is to compile indexes of all samples of tengwar and cirth written by Tolkien: the DTS and the DCS (the Mellonath Daeron Tengwar / Cirth Specimina). We do this to help all who want to study these writing systems. If you know of any published script sample by Tolkien which is not in these indexes, please let us know.

An example of the High-elven language

Nelde Cormar Eldatárin nu Tarmenel,

Otso Herunaucoin hrótassen ondova,

Nerte Fírimoin marte nurunen,

Er i More Herun mormahalmas hárala

Morinóreva mí arda, már i fuinion.

Er Corma ilyar turien ar tuvien te,

Er Corma tucien ar móresse nutien te

Morinóreva mí arda, már i fuinion.

I forgot to add, my real name is Nurinia
smile.gif

mine isn't that deep. A few years a go i decided it was time for a grown up username so my first initial, part of my last name and my bday equals dcole710

You guys all have great stories....mine is boring zzzzzz. My first name is Jessica but my nephew and Daves now deceased grandmother have called me Jessy (the only two who have) and my middle name is Ann. I was born in 74. Hense jessyann74. So ladies you may call me Jess, Jessy or Jessica
smile.gif

Sierra is my middle name/nickname and Wren(like the bird) is another nickname my father gave me when I was a little girl.

My username is supposed to be pronounced "apple smash"

My first name is Ashley. I'm 20 but my family still calls me Princess.

APL are my initials and one of my friends calls me Apple.

Smash is what one of my bartender friends calls me.

(Not 'cause I'm always getting smashed. Everyone I know just seems to want to call me anything but Ashley. I get Cashley, Ash, Ashie..)

This is my first post...

Hope it can bring some good luck for my final

I am so tired ...totally burnt out for this semester...I spent more than 10 hrs these days on my final ...

So, I just want to sleep and Zzzzz....
scared.gif

Originally Posted by Zzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is my first post...Hope it can bring some good luck for my final

I am so tired ...totally burnt out for this semester...I spent more than 10 hrs these days on my final ...

So, I just want to sleep and Zzzzz....
scared.gif

Haha, that one's really cute. I wish I could have been more creative for mine, but my first name was taken as a s/n Maritza, my whole family is Mexican and my aunt calls me La Mari, "The Mari" I guess. I hope you guys get it. Anyway, pretty much everyone calls me Mari, and not Maritza.

Back