Mascara Removal - Confused. What do you do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been noticing that I'm losing a lot of eyelashes when I take off my mascara. I usually use a facial wipe soaked in a duo-phase eyemakeup remover.

I researched this and every source says something different. Some sources say oil-based removers weaken the lashes, others say they are better because it removes the mascara easily (which I was under the impression of).

I also read that it's bad to wipe the eyes because that'll cause the lashes to fall out, they say just use a cleanser. But I'm afraid the cleanser will get into my eyes?

What do you use to remove your mascara? Any product recommendations? TIA!

I just use Equate facial makeup remover towelettes. They are cheap and work good for me! I have heard of people using vaseline to remove eye makeup too. I have tried it, but it is way too greasy and hard to get off your eyes! Good luck to you!!

Well it depends for me. I use baby oil usually. I pour some on a piece of toilet paper, then press it against my eyes for about 10 to 20 seconds and then gently wipe it off.

I have grapeseed oil in a little dropper bottle and I put a squirt of it on my fingers and massage it gently over my eyelashes and eye area. I splash some warm water and continue to massage it, adding water until it's pretty much all rinsed off. Then I just wash my face as usual with cleanser, and it washes away the oil that's left behind.

I just always use my MAC facial wipes and some eye makeup remover. My eyelashes never really seem to come off... or if they do, it isn't very noticeable.

Oil of Olay Daily Facials---they are towlettes that foam into a lather when you add water and remove every kind of makeup, from foundation to the thickest mascara.

I use Estee Lauder "Take it Away"......I put it on a cotton ball and soak it on top of the lashes fro like 10 seconds and wipe gentley downward. I rarely lose my lashes. Take it Away also removes longwear makeup

My mascara is the kind that comes off with warm water, so it usually just rolls off in the shower.

I use L'Oreal Eye Makeup Remover. It works well. All I do is put some on a cotton ball and wipe over my eyes. The mascara comes right off. Since I've been using it (I think about 4 years) I remember a couple lashes coming out. That's it. It is oil-free and feels cool when you use it. Oh, I don't use waterproof mascara. I would think waterproof would make it much harder to get off.

i dont wear waterproof mascara (it dries my lashes out and they seem to like to fall out too) so my mascara just comes off with my regular face wash.

I use cleansing oil to remove e/s and mascara. Then I use my normal cleanser to clean the rest of my makeup off my face, I do a very quick run of the cleanser over my eyelids to remove any oil that's left. Very quickly though as I don't want to dry out my eyes with too much cleanser.

i use a facial scrub to remove makeup, althog my mascara seems to be hard to remove, so i use the baby oil also on my eyes before scrubbing, depends on wat mascara i used

I use vasline. IT does get greasy but I don't try to wipe all of it off because It moisturizes the area around my eye at night!

i use waterproof 80% of the time. I use the Dior Duo Magique Duo Phase too, haven't had a problem! i always wash my face first though, and leave a wrung hot cloth hit my face for a bit. it seems to help immensely.

I use a combo of olive and castor oil. if you put it on a damp cotton pad, rather than a dry one, it takes the make up off much more easily, doesn't drag and doesn't feel all greasy afterwards.

Olive oil on cotton pads, natural way to remove it and leaves your skin and lashes moisterised.

Be super careful taking eye makeup off, my beauticuian and dermatologist both told me that any unneccesary tugging and pulling of the area weakens the already delicate skin and leads to fine lines... saturate (and I mean SATURATE!) a cotton pad in your product (I use L'Oreal's bi-phase) and gently wipe off the lids, gently wipe over lashes to get the majority of colour off, and 'wind' the pad around your finger and 'stroke' the mascara off... I often rinse with cool water and do it again if I can be bothered...

Thanks everyone for your replies, I really appreciate it!

I think I'm going to try all your methods and ideas to see which best suits me.

g.gif
g.gif

Originally Posted by Ophy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Olive oil on cotton pads, natural way to remove it and leaves your skin and lashes moisterised. Thats what I do , I use any kind of oil really , including baby oil. Then I use a regular eye make up remover to get rid of the oil, not that I have a problem with it , but I read before bed and oil in the eyes makes me see all blurry.

Back