Do you wait between moisturiser and primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vav

Reaction score
I mean does the moisturiser have to dry before you put the primer, or you can do it immediately? Silly question, but i'm not into experimenting these days.
laughing.gif
sleepyhead.gif

i usually wait until my moisturiser is all set and sunken in before i add anything else on. or else it always looks really bad if i dont.

I usually wait for a min, not use alot of moistirizer so its quicker to dry then apply my primer, leave it a few secs then put on foundation, if im in a rush I will apply my primer just a few secs after moisturizer

i mix mine together - primer, a little bit of moisturiser and some foundation. Then I put it all on together. Perfect

yes, i wait a few minutes between moisturiser and primer: when the 1st is dry, i apply primer

Thanks for sharing all!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif i mix mine together - primer, a little bit of moisturiser and some foundation. Then I put it all on together. Perfect I kind of tried putting foundation immediately after primer and it didn't help with the long wear of the foundation
10.gif
, it does give a nice finish though.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif i mix mine together - primer, a little bit of moisturiser and some foundation. Then I put it all on together. Perfect Does this work better than waiting inbetween applying each one?

I wait about 10 minutes only because that was the majority of the advice given to me from mut'ers

This may sound screwy, but I do not have time to wait in the morning for my moisturizer to dry or sink in, so I started applying it in the shower when I put conditioner on my hair and shower mositurizer on my body. I think the heat from the shower makes it penetrate my skin, then I just rinse everything off then blot my face with the towel when I get out, and my face is soft, smooth and ready for foundation.

I use Napoleon - Auto Pilot primer, and it sort of dries as it glides on... but as pinksugar said earlier, its also worth trying to mix em together...

I usually have my breakfast between moisturising and makeup hehehehe!

When I'm doing makeup any other time I try and leave at least a bit of a gap between moisturising and putting anything else on my face. Otherwise I find things get a bit streaky for blending and things like that.

xxx

I usually apply moisturizer first, then eyeshadow primer, get my supplies organized (colors, brushes, etc). By then my moisturizer has a chance to set a bit and then I do the primer for face. I, too find I don't like just waiting
eusa_whistle.gif
so I find getting the stuff ready as the moisturizer sets is time saving for me on the other end. I am bad about taking too much time picking colors, but that's just me and my lack of decision making skills....
confused.gif

I ussually get out of the shower and immediately apply moisturizer on my face, and lotion on my body. Then before I do the rest of my makeup I usually eat breakfast in bed w/jer and watch t.v. then I come back and do primer and the rest of my makeup. Then I blowdry, get dressed and go. So i probably wait about 20 minutes in between moisturizer and primer.

I apply my moisturizer, let it sink in and dry. Next I apply my primer, follow the same process as the moisturizer, then apply my foundation.

i apply moisturiser and let it dry while i'm waiting i get dress, then i put on primer follow by foundation.

Great question! I usually try and wait unless I'm in a big hurry, but I always wanted to know if it really and truly made a difference.

Back