Built in bras

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
there are 2 halter tops that i'm interested in getting online.

one of them has a "built-in" bra and the other has a "built-in shelf" bra. i was wondering what they look like and what the difference is between them?

thanks

Are there pictures on the website for us to see? That may help us figure it out...

A shelf-bra will just be an extra layer of material with elastic at the bottom, like most camis. A built-in bra could mean anything .... it could just be a shelf bra, or maybe it has some padding or molded cups, maybe it has underwires or maybe not...

Originally Posted by girl_geek /img/forum/go_quote.gif Are there pictures on the website for us to see? That may help us figure it out...
A shelf-bra will just be an extra layer of material with elastic at the bottom, like most camis. A built-in bra could mean anything .... it could just be a shelf bra, or maybe it has some padding or molded cups, maybe it has underwires or maybe not...

]
That is what I would say too!

yeah, I agree with girl_geek. A shelf bra is just an extra layer of material with elastic at the bottom, which i usually wear with a bra. A built in bra is usually underwire, and meant to be worn without a bra. Hope that helps

A shelf bra will give support. A built-in bra will actually push them up or together, depending on how it is made. Personally I go with shelf bras when I buy bra tops. The shelf is just more comfortable, IMO. I buy a shelf bra top so I can get out of wearing a constraining bra but still having support and coverage. A built in bra is just a bra sewn into a top. What's the point????

Back