Vaseline As A Base?????????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i dont know if i shld post it here or at the vaseline thread... mods, feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place.

i read the vaseline thread sometime ago and since then i use vaseline as a night cream.. althoughh some may balk at this idea, it really works for me..

so today i was bored at home andi have some vaseline on my face... ( super thin layer ) when my bf called me to go out and he was already outside my house.
kopfkratz.gif
and so i dont have much time...

to save time, i applied powder foundation on my face, on top of the vaseline.. i was expecting it to be a disastor(sp) but it work so so well... my makeup stays matte ans nice all evening..

in case you are wondering.. i use a foundation brush to lightly pat the powder over the vaseline... i dont really think you shld use a sponge cause i think you'll wipe away the vaseline and have streaky stripes on he face.. not to mention the vaselin filled sponge eeeewwww...

so anyway, just though i would share

Well if it works for you than cool but it would get really greasy on me at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well if it works for you than cool but it would get really greasy on me at the end of the day. i have oily skin too
smile.gif
and i thought it would but it didn't... i did not wear it for long tho.. maybe like 4 hours
smile.gif
would like to try for a day and see how tho

i tried this too, since I noticed that my face is never really greasy at night after I apply vaseline. I usually leave my face a bit damp, or rub a small amount of vaseline into wet hands and then put this on my face. So I did the other morning, and put my powder foundation on over it after a little while, and it looked really nice and bright and even (and I used a sponge)..

Now Im wondering how this would look under liquid foundation, it might prevent those dry bits that I get around my mouth and nose...

my only worry is that it doesnt have spf, but there is a vaseline spf 15 version that I saw once...hmmmmmm

hmm Vaseline on ur face? I think its a bad idea but If it works for u! x

Well I use the jelly vaseline everynight right before I go to bed, I put it on my eyes and nose area. My face looks great in the morning, not greasy and even toned. Lately my eye area is really dry so in the morning after my eye cream and face lotion sink in for a little bit I put a little bit of vaseline on the outer corner of my eye. I've noticed that my makeup doesn't crease in the little corner anymore. I think I will try this on my whole face though!!

I'm glad you found something that works for you! I think I will feel very uncomfortable with vaseline all over my face, especially in this heat.

I use vaseline to take off my makeup, and it leaves my skin very soft. I just started this a couple of weeks ago, and no breakouts! So far, so good!

Im glad it worked for you. I've heard that it makes your lashes stronger if you wear it to bed.

I don't think I will try this on my face however, sometimes I do use vaseline to remove eye makeup & It works awesome.

I wonder if it won't clog the pores or make them look larger with all the shine... might try and see when I don't have to go outside at all.

i wouldn't use it on my face-

i have a little bit of acne and it would cause me more breaks outs

but if it works for you-great

it didn't cause me any breakouts... i have rea; oily teenager's skin too
smile.gif
it help clear up my pimples tho...

and yes.. my lashes are so long and think now i wanna cry( so happy) i use to have short stubby lashes but now....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

it works as a makeup base well for me... but i use a really teeny layer.. super teeny, than blot with a tissue
smile.gif

Originally Posted by tinkerbellz /img/forum/go_quote.gif is this the Vaseline lotion version or the original jelly type thing? the original jelly type
smile.gif

Hmmmm...I've got oily, acne-prone skin too. I might try this tomorrow and see if my makeup still stays on even after a sweaty gym workout.

Glad it works for u,I think I'm gonna give it a try too but what about the summer heat wouldn't it be messy with sweat?

Hi! I've been doing this for years
rockwoot.gif
and it works. It depends on the foundation. Some work with vaseline some don't. It gives more smoothness and naturalness than with normal moisturisers. I'm not sure it makes them more longwear or less longwear but gives a nicer look. I use it with liquids.

Latest posts

Back