Eyeliner: Liquid, Powder, or Pencil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find shadow & creme liners most flattering.It is possible to get a soft look w/ liquid ..Stay away from black 1st off (especially if you're fair/light skinned)Try a brown or purple shade and line as closely to you lashes as you can get.Go over the line w/ some shadow of the same color if it's still too harsh

Originally Posted by Californian
eye.gif
Which is most flattering, liquid eyeliners, powder/eyeshadow eyeliners, or the traditional pencil eyeliner?
Any opinions? Is it possible to get a soft look with a liquid liner?

I totally agree with Allisong you can't get a soft look with liquid eyeliner, its a very defined, precise look. I use a pencil the most, MAC Kohl. I also use Bobbi Brown gel liner too. It depends what look you're going for, I like to play my eyes up so its not often I go for a soft look.

eye.gif
Which is most flattering, liquid eyeliners, powder/eyeshadow eyeliners, or the traditional pencil eyeliner?

I agree. I use a shadow over a cake eyeliner (apply the liner with a eyeliner brush) to soften the line. Some days I'm just lazy so I use a pencil. I don't go for liquid liners.

I've been using liquid eyeliner ever since i started wearing eyeliner, because i just cannot deal with the pencil liner. Right now, im leaning towards the creme and cake liners. I just bought Laura mercier's cake liner and her eyeliner brush and ive been practicing it. It's a big difficult to use at first, i admit, but i think once i get the hang of it, it would be easy. Plus i really like how u can draw a line soo close to ur lashes and it lasts all day, and makes your eyes bigger without people noticing you have eyeliner on.

Personally, i don't think u can get a soft look with a liquid liner, because the line will be too harsh, and precise. What I usually do is smudge eyeshadow of the same or similar shade on top of the line i just draw with a small thin brush for a softer, smudgy look. I use MAC's 266 or 219 brush for this.

I got mac's eye kohl too that i will try to use someday. I'm still having a hard time with eye pencils

By the way, anyone has experience on using laura mercier's cake liner and liner brush that can offer me some advice. I just started using and i'm having such a hard time, but when the MA used it on me, it looked so easy and she did it in like 30 seconds. I messed up like 4 times yesterday.
icon_frown.gif

eye.gif

I love the Laura Mercier cake liner and the eye liner brush and I use them almost every day. I have to admit that I had to get used to it too in the beginning but now I can do it in a few seconds. Just make sure that the brush isn't too wet or you are not going to be able to control it and it will most likely to smudge all over the place. I've done that mistake too many times. Now I make sure that the brush is very little wet (just enough to get color on the brush) and I just press it lightly as close to the lash line as possible and it works like a charm. It stays all day and my eyes look nice without looking like I have eye liner on.

I agree, i love the quality. I just gotta keep on practicing.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I love the Laura Mercier cake liner and the eye liner brush and I use them almost every day. I have to admit that I had to get used to it too in the beginning but now I can do it in a few seconds. Just make sure that the brush isn't too wet or you are not going to be able to control it and it will most likely to smudge all over the place. I've done that mistake too many times. Now I make sure that the brush is very little wet (just enough to get color on the brush) and I just press it lightly as close to the lash line as possible and it works like a charm. It stays all day and my eyes look nice without looking like I have eye liner on.

I prefer to use eyeshadow wet to line with my teeny spotter brush. I love the wider color selections when it comes to using shadow wet to line and also the more natural look it can provide.

I did that using mac's eyeshadow, but then the line smears on me after a few hours. What eyeshadows do u use for this?

Originally Posted by Mz LaLa I prefer to use eyeshadow wet to line with my teeny spotter brush. I love the wider color selections when it comes to using shadow wet to line and also the more natural look it can provide.

Latest posts

Back