Red pimple scars

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well, even if you're not supposed to squeeze your pimples, when they're big you have to IMO. take a small needle, dip it into alcohol and slowly dig a hole in the pimple and let all the pus go out. then disinfect with alcohol. you may have to repeat this once or twice if the pimple is really big. i know those little patches you're supposed to put before going to bed on your pimples have usually good results, and they reduce the pimple if not "erase" it totally.

for the other one, i was thinking maybe some aloe vera or coconut oil?

make sure your face stays clean and don't touch your pimple even if you want to.

you also have to let your scar reduce, and it can take some time.

if it's still really red when your boyfriend comes, a bit of concealer (especially green if you have one) will help to cut down the intensity of your red scar.

you may wanna browse the skin care forums, i know there's some other threads about red scars that might help you.

ive had acne most of my life, the only way i could treat it was roaccutane... i know you dont have time for that, and you probably only have a few spots.

try drying them out with a benzoyl peroxide cream, and vitamin e oil will help the scar if it is a fresh scar.

like magosienne said, use a concealer! green, with some powder or foundation over it
smile.gif

good luck!!!

Every single pimple I get, even the tinest one leaves a super red/purpley scar. I don't even touch them!
frown.gif

I'm trying at home microdermabrasion right now, but I heard that's just for deep scars and makes the red ones worse..
kopfkratz.gif

I've used it twice so far so hopefully not. Anybody know for sure?

hey shanelle, usually micro just refines the skins texture and smoothes out shallow scarring. deep scars need something a little more intrusive. micro can also redden the skin, my red scars were a little aggrivated. its a great deep exfoliation treatment though! keep doing it trust me, ill be taking it up again soon.

i have red and pitted scars from cystic acne that my derm advised me only surgical dermabrasion or laser resurfacing will fix.

the only thing you can take advantage of is that the scarring is new, in that case things such as vitamin e and bio oil can help.

If you just have red scarring, not indented scarring, they are redmarks and not something to be overly concerned over. However, everyone is different, so some people's redmarks fade in a few weeks, but some take years depending on how bad it is. Anyway, use "Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle", and read the reviews on makeupalley if you want. I have nothing bad to say about the product and it helps tremendously.

As for the pimples...Benzoyl Peroxide should work. However, I am allergic, so I either get a prescription from the doctor, OR use a Beta Hydroxy Acid (helped my skin and pores so much) from Paula's Choice.

ohh is there any brand of Benzoyl Peroxide thats better ???

my red scars are like blood red and there is a pit like enlarged pores on each red mark.. ! what would help those??

am i really supposed to squeeze the pus pimple??? wouldnt it bust the blood vessels underneath and cause more pimples of the same kind???

Any brand of BP that is better? No, not really. They all do the same thing. I liked the BP from acne.org, it's a gel form, and comes in a huge tube, so you get a lot for your money. If not, try Neutrogena On The Spot.

I am not sure what you can do for the pits. It could be a pitted scar...which only treatments at the derm can take care of.

Don't ever squeeze pimples - just leave them be. You won't spread bacteria or increase the likelihood of scars if you don't touch them.

in my experience the red marks seem to stay some time, but will eventually disappear; altho I'd rather have the red marks than the brown scarry acne thingy, which will also fade by time depening on how deep in your skin they are

Is there something that will make the scar go away a lot faster?

My scar takes a year to disappear.

hi kakoy, from personal experience there is very little you can do for rolling, red or atrophic scarring which results from acne...

try a zinc/b complex/silica supplement to strengthen skin from the inside, stay out of the sun, eat well and drink lots of water, and see a doctor if its really bothering you.

i remember that a retin-a cream helped some of my scarring to fade, but im beyond that now and need laser or dermabrasion to properly clear it up
frown.gif

Right now, i'm suffering from the WORST scarring ever... redmarks covering my face (due to a severe breakout a few months back.) I'm on accutane right now, so unfortunatly, I can't get any dermabrasions or anything for probably a year from now. I did do some research though and found that Camellia Oil has some kind of acid (Oelic acid I think its called?) that helps get rid of wrinkles and scarring, including pitted scars. Some person over at the healthboards forums said that she's been using Camellia Oil for a year and her deep indented scarring is completely gone now. =O Needless to say, I ordered some off of ebay asap lol.

i heard celebrities in hk said that vit E oil also do the trick coz her fd got pitted scar all over her face and her dermatologist sister told her to use that and the next time she saw her fd shes all nice and neat
biggrin.gif

thanks for the tips

i use vit e oil all the time and it's never reduce my scars

i use vit e oil all the time and it's never reduce my scars

i finally found the scars i have in pic but i dont have as many i got 2 small one one one cheek and one on another ! what would work for them????

1121721745.jpg

Originally Posted by chameleonmary /img/forum/go_quote.gif savvy, depending on how old they are there is little you can do for indented scarring. one is 1 month old the other 2 is like 2 -3 months

I should do that instead of popping them. It's just so hard not too when it's huge and you can't get rid of it. I have oil acne prone skin that pretty much is never clear. Not a lot of blackheads but I do get pimples that are deep within the skin. It really sucks. For the most part I have to scratch off layers of skin to get close enough to pop it. I know it's bad but it does make it smaller. I usually put BP right after that and it goes away over night, but not the scar.

Back