• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Surprise Swap

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm doing a surprise swap on another swapping site and it's kinda fun so I'm just wondering if anyone here would be interested. Basically we just set a price limit (and maybe can include brands we like or specific items/colors), but basically we just make up a surprise package instead of saying exactly what we're swapping for.

If you're interested, let me know. I don't have most of my swap items listed here yet, but if you're interested, let me know and I'll send you a more complete list.

I think that this sounds like fun. I would be interested. I have not set up my swap items yet either but probably could by the end of this weekend.

OK I'm gonna PM you with a link to my list so you can see if I have some stuff you might be interested in
smile.gif

oh! what a great idea.. i love surprises..I agree that a limit should be set though, you never know some PEOPLE! I might send them MAC and they sent me 2 pieces of expired cover girl! EWW! Can you imagine? I thought that there could be swap groups.. 10 to 20$ the 20 - 30$ etc.. just to keep people honest and on the up & up? Maybe?

Sounds like alot of fun girls....

If you are going to do something like this, can you setup your swap items here too?
redface.gif

Originally Posted by MacForMe

oh! what a great idea.. i love surprises..I agree that a limit should be set though, you never know some PEOPLE! I might send them MAC and they sent me 2 pieces of expired cover girl! EWW! Can you imagine? I thought that there could be swap groups.. 10 to 20$ the 20 - 30$ etc.. just to keep people honest and on the up & up? Maybe?

I would love to do a swap like this! i might be a newbie, but i'm honest and i gotta start somewhere, right? if you want to do a swap with me, msg me and we can set it up, set limits and whatnot. i'd love to do international swaps. just contact me! 

From my experience with these kind of swaps ( I have a swap-bot that I do a lot on ), you have to be seriously careful when you give a set price.

Research that person completely before you go over $20 on a swap, because:

1. People will flake and not send you anything, and say the sent it, but you never get it.

2. They will say its worth $20 or more, but if you consider all the retail prices on the items you received, its usually about $15 or less.

3. People tend to use the products up, you're getting half used or broken products, while you've bought them new, unwrapped items.

4. They may say, " I spent over $$$ and i calculated the products price and it was only $$. " When you know that you spent over that amount, but then deem you a bad swapper.

So just watch out.

Latest posts

Back