Pre-planned MMU haul - which brands should I try?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm graduating this year, and I've got so many cards with generous gifts that I figured I could afford to spend some of it on myself on stuff I want - as opposed to stuff for college or whatever!

So I'm wanting to buy some mineral eyeshadows, blushes, and possibly lipcolors! Oh, and maybe some more foundation/mineral veil.. But right now, I'm mostly focusing on buliding up my e/s and blush collection! What MMU brands have you found that have good lasting power (and pretty pigments) for e/s and blushes?

The brands I've been considering so far are Aubrey Nicole, My Minerals Bath and Body, Fyrinnae, MAD Minerals, Southern Magnolia Minerals, and Taylor Made. How did these brands work for you and what other brands have you tried that had long lasting power?

Also, which mineral lipglossies did you like?

I haven't tried the others that you mentioned, but I love Aubrey Nicole. My perfect match and I really love the finishing veils. They also have some really nice skin care products and the primer is awesome. And they always have some sort of discount/sale, which is great.

Fyrinnae is my favourite for eyeshadows. Their colours are complex, beautiful and they have accurate swatch pictures too. Their blushes are pretty good too. They may look bright on their own but they are very natural looking when applied and a little goes a long way.

Yes citre, Lily Lolo ships internationally. I'm still waiting for my order placed 2 weeks ago.

My favorite ones are Taylor Made Minerals and Fyrinnae followed by Pure Lux. Taylor Made is my favorite since her prices are so affordable and you get an entirely full jar of product, plus, she sends sifters in a separate bag just in case you would want to use them. Her color selection is really great and she is constantly additing colors. In addition, she has boxes available that hold different amounts of jars of eyeshadow and you get to pick ALL of the colors you would like in the box! I got a box of 20 to start with from her and am so glad I did...the colors were just amazing! Fyrinnae is definitely a good one too since the colors are very pigmented and a little goes a long way. They too also add new colors often. Pure Lux has yet another huge selection of colors even though their shadows are more pricey than the other two. All things considered, I think Taylor Made has the best shadows in my opinion.

For blushes, I really like Aromaleigh Pure Blush since it goes on so nicely and looks so natural. There is also Pure Rouge which provides more pigmentation and also the Rocks! line of mineral cosmetics in Aromaleigh which also has a line of blush if you are more adventurous with your color. Aromaleigh was the first blush I tried and I loved it right from the start so really never tried blush from other companies.

Try JLynne... their lip products are great! And I also loved their foundations and eye products. Err... pretty much everything!
biggrin.gif

ooh you should try Lumiere for eyeshadows
biggrin.gif
their colours are gorgeous and you can get a 10 eye colours on special for US$45 (including shipping for US, I think) and you get them in 2 gram jars. they have the same for 6 colours for $28.50 as well! i just got my Lumiere eyeshadows and I love them!!

also Signature Minerals make great eyeshadows too. their samples are pretty generous too, so it's worth it just to get the samples first if you're unsure of getting full sizes. you can get "free" samples there, where you can choose 6 of any products (foundations, blush or eye shadows) and all you do is pay for shipping. really good value for money and they ship fast too! i've got their e/s and they're great. i've used them foiled/wet and they work really well too. i've only got one blush colour (roseberry) from them and haven't had much of a chance to try it out, but it looks really pretty
smile.gif

and for foundations, i really like Meow Cosmetics! they have a huge range and usually i use liquid foundations, but i found that i quite liked using theirs just as powders. i got some of their e/s and haven't had a chance to use it much.

my order for fyrinnae just shipped the other day so i'm excited about getting those!! if you order more than US$25, you get free shipping which is a good deal! i got about 17 e/s colours so i'll let you know how they are when i get them
biggrin.gif

What a great thread! This was exactly what I was looking for.
smile.gif
I am planning to purchase one time big time as well on several MMU brands.

For wearable colors, Alima, for the some fun and gothic punk feel Aromaleigh, and for alot of fun (and one of my faves) Fyrinnae. And for something in between all these, Meow Cosmetics
rockwoot.gif

Back