Lumiere went out of my student budget

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i like lumiere but they have increase the price in every single product
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
now they are out of my budget, but the good news is the brushes are up for wat many mut user wer waiting, so get them now be4 it vanish again
vogel.gif

I agree. Luckily I made a huge order with lumiere just before the increase, so hopefully it will last me for a long time i hope!

goodness, they really did raise prices! I ordered a sample of the sugarberry bronzer blush and a 2gram jar of the spiced apple bronzer blush last week and it only cost me $5 with shipping, it would have cost me $9.25 if I'd ordered this week!

They're out of my budget too
frown.gif
But I understand they had to do that in order to keep the shipping costs the same ever since the increase in postal rates. I'm sad because I didn't order any sample specials when they were still available and now they're gone!

They changed the sizes offered though-the 2 gram/10 gram jar was $5 shipped, the 4 gram/20 gram jar is $9.25, not a huge increase IMO! I still think that Lumiere is one of the least expensive mineral companies out there.

be4 e/s was 2gram/10 gram jar on cost of $ 4 the same thing is now $6 but i agree that lumiere is one of the good mmu brand

Originally Posted by ruby2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif They changed the sizes offered though-the 2 gram/10 gram jar was $5 shipped, the 4 gram/20 gram jar is $9.25, not a huge increase IMO! I still think that Lumiere is one of the least expensive mineral companies out there.

Ya, I just checked their price and all the products are up $$$. Also if you want to order any brushes, you must add $2 for the insurance as well.

I'm glad I ordered few things before the price increase but the problem is I still haven't received "order sent" email. I know some of the people here ordered on the same day as me (last Friday... yep, a week ago) and they already received the email.

I think I will still be buying the foundation from lumiere, but maybe look else where for other stuff. Like the squalane was $9, and now it's $14 for the same size???

i gona do the same

Originally Posted by silveria /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I will still be buying the foundation from lumiere, but maybe look else where for other stuff. Like the squalane was $9, and now it's $14 for the same size???

Wow the 8 pc set is $30! I think I got in during the pre-buy for $17. $30 isn't bad for a brush set but it only comes with two brushes that I like.

I didn't expect the big increase either. I thought it was to make up for the postage increase but domestic shipping rate for package didn't really change that much.

the price increase is very unexpectedly large!

i ordered 5/10 but have not gotten a shipping confirmation like some who ordered after me have

they are opening a beauty bar...maybe it helps cover some of those costs?

=/ but yeah...whew $$$, back to signature minerals for me

Gosh, glad I ordered from them before the increase.. otherwise I would not have been able to order from them at all! Too bad..

nvm...my roommate just picked it up for me! They sent it without a sent confirmation this time for me...otherwise it was accidently deleted

Originally Posted by mauwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didn't expect the big increase either. I thought it was to make up for the postage increase but domestic shipping rate for package didn't really change that much. I am surprised at the increases as well. I know there is nothing that can be done. Business is business. It still sucks though!
hmm.gif

I did some research on the US postage rate change today. I found that the per ounce rate AFTER the first ounce went DOWN .07cents with the new rates. Before the change it was .24cents after the first ounce.

Below is the general breakdown of the new rates. Note the rate of the Flat Rate Priority Envelope. You can fit ALOT of stuff in those envelopes.

All of the rate change details can be found at >>> US Postal Service

MAIL TYPE NEW PRICE

First-Class® letters $0.41 (first ounce)*

First-Class® Large Envelopes $0.80 (first ounce)*

First-Class® Packages $1.13 (first ounce)*

Priority Mail® Flat Rate Boxes $8.95

Priority Mail® Flat Rate Envelopes $4.60

*After the first ounce the rate is .17cents per ounce.

I guess her eyeshadows are still an ok price. But I keep thinking that just 4 months ago they were 10 for $25, now they are 10 for $45. That is a HUGE price increase. I do hate paying for postage though because sometimes the shipping/handling fee seems so out of line. Before, her eyeshadows were cheap enough that I just ordered full size and didn't bother with sampling, but I don't want to spend almost $50 for unknowns. I guess I'll try more sampling where e/s and blush is concerned.

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am surprised at the increases as well. I know there is nothing that can be done. Business is business. It still sucks though!
hmm.gif

I did some research on the US postage rate change today. I found that the per ounce rate AFTER the first ounce went DOWN .07cents with the new rates. Before the change it was .24cents after the first ounce.

Below is the general breakdown of the new rates. Note the rate of the Flat Rate Priority Envelope. You can fit ALOT of stuff in those envelopes.

All of the rate change details can be found at >>> US Postal Service

MAIL TYPE NEW PRICE

First-Class® letters $0.41 (first ounce)*

First-Class® Large Envelopes $0.80 (first ounce)*

First-Class® Packages $1.13 (first ounce)*

Priority Mail® Flat Rate Boxes $8.95

Priority Mail® Flat Rate Envelopes $4.60

*After the first ounce the rate is .17cents per ounce.

The problem is that anything that isn't flat--- we're talking like less than 1/4 inch has to pay a totally different rate based on it not being flat and fitting in the machines etc... I read a story about the new change and the size/bulk thing really is going to hurt the MMU companies because it isn't just based on weight. I want to say that something in the story that was light but took up space went from like 70 cents to over $6 because of the shape! Lumiere is still one of the most affordable ones out there and the foundation is my HG!

Back