What should I do to my hair??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I dyed my dark brown (auburn ish) hair black earlier this year and I'm bored with it..I want to lighten it but have no clue how light or what highlights to go with..someone gimme some advice on the color..

heres a pic of my hair now (sorry it's up and hard to see)

picture002xc2.jpg

If I were you, I would first consult a professional, because depending on how light you want to go, may incorporate the use of bleach, and it is a gamble when using. I think that for you though, a nice light brown with honey highlights would be beautiful.

I think 50% of your hair should be black

25% brown (medium)

25% blonde

That would look great with your skin tone. Get it done by a professional though. 3 colors is super hard to do by yourself!

Thanks for the opinions ya'll..both sound great to me honestly I'm definately going to a professional though..I might gamble when it comes to darkening but I've had too many lightening mishaps to even try it again lol

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif If I were you, I would first consult a professional, because depending on how light you want to go, may incorporate the use of bleach, and it is a gamble when using. I think that for you though, a nice light brown with honey highlights would be beautiful.
iagree.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif If I were you, I would first consult a professional, because depending on how light you want to go, may incorporate the use of bleach, and it is a gamble when using. I think that for you though, a nice light brown with honey highlights would be beautiful. i agree^^^i duno about black brown and blonde though i agree with the color april suggested

You are very pretty. The first colour that came to me was a rich reddish brown.

With your eye colour and skin tone, I think it would be quite flattering.

I agree with April - whatever you decide, let a salon do the colour.

Originally Posted by han /img/forum/go_quote.gif i agree^^^i duno about black brown and blonde though i agree with the color april suggested

It sounds odd, but it looks fantastic.

Originally Posted by cyw1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif You are very pretty. The first colour that came to me was a rich reddish brown.With your eye colour and skin tone, I think it would be quite flattering.

I agree with April - whatever you decide, let a salon do the colour.

Thank you very much!Yeah my mom is a red head so during the summer my hair turns a reddish brown naturally lol

Thanks all of you for your suggestions I think I've narrowed it down to one of these three which are pretty similar...

hair1cf3.jpg

hair2da2.jpg

hair3jp9.png

Maybe with a little more auburn redish hints to whichever one I choose.

What do you guys think???

Back