Lumiere Brushes?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls!

So I am looking into getting some of Lumiere's brushes, but I cant decide between the flat top or the kabuki. What brushes do you girls use for Foundation, Finishing Powder, and Blush/Bronzers? So please help me out, I would really appreciate it!!

Nicole

Originally Posted by BEgirliegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey girls!
So I am looking into getting some of Lumiere's brushes, but I cant decide between the flat top or the kabuki. What brushes do you girls use for Foundation, Finishing Powder, and Blush/Bronzers? So please help me out, I would really appreciate it!!

Nicole

Kabuki is really good for light to medium coverage where as the flat top is really good for heavier coverage. I like both (I know that doesn't help lol)For finishing powder I like to use a loose kabuki brush

For blush I like to use either a fiber optic brush (for more pigmented blushes) or a blush that is more angled like this: Makeup Brushes: Angled Face Brush for Foundation

For Bronzers I just use a kabuki! A baby kabuki is great for the job!

hth

I use flat tops for foundation and kabukis for finish powders and blush. However, I also use a kabuki if I am applying my minerals wet.

Originally Posted by camelliarose /img/forum/go_quote.gif For Bronzers I just use a kabuki! A baby kabuki is great for the job! hth

Hmmm I've never put on my bronzer with a kabuki. You just swipe it on right - no buffing? I use the Lumiere kabuki for my foundation & for blush or bronzer I use the Half Moon from EDM (or just a large blush brush).

I've never used a flat top to apply foundation.. I deff recomend their Kabuki though.

I have Lumiere's kabuki brush and I love it. I use it for my foundation. I'm really wanting their flat top and the 8 piece set as well. I'd say you can't really go wrong with the kabuki or the flat top. Like camelliarose said, if you're looking for heavier coverage, the flat top would probably be what you want. But for light to medium coverage a kabuki is great. You could always get both
wink.gif
LOL.

Right now I'm using Everyday Minerals' Premium Kabuki for blush because it I can't stand using it for foundation anymore, it sheds too much and it's too itchy. Haha. That's why I want Lumiere's 8 piece set, so I can have synthetic brushes for blush and finishing powder... I think natural hair irritates me.

I have Lumiere's kabuki and flat top. I love the kabuki because it is quick coverage, the flat top is a tad small but then again it gives great coverage so it's really what you are looking for. I just did a brush post on my blog about Lumiere kabuki and flat top. I put several pictures and angles to show the head sizes. You may want to peek at that.

Hilary-

I love the 8 piece set-- well at least 3 of them are my favs. I love the powder brush- it's close to a kabuki only not so dense. The blush brush is the only one I use for blush now regardless of pigmentation and this eye smudger brush is my favorite concealer brush of all times. LOVE!! I call it a micro-buki for spots.
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Hoozey /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have Lumiere's kabuki and flat top. I love the kabuki because it is quick coverage, the flat top is a tad small but then again it gives great coverage so it's really what you are looking for. I just did a brush post on my blog about Lumiere kabuki and flat top. I put several pictures and angles to show the head sizes. You may want to peek at that.
Hilary-

I love the 8 piece set-- well at least 3 of them are my favs. I love the powder brush- it's close to a kabuki only not so dense. The blush brush is the only one I use for blush now regardless of pigmentation and this eye smudger brush is my favorite concealer brush of all times. LOVE!! I call it a micro-buki for spots.
laughing.gif

Ok, I'm definitely going to have to get that set now... since what I'm looking for specifically are good synthetic powder and blush brushes! But I'm sure I can also make use of the rest of the brushes in the set. I love that they come in a case as well.

Originally Posted by crazychic /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmmm I've never put on my bronzer with a kabuki. You just swipe it on right - no buffing? Yep
smile.gif
Just very lightly and make sure to tap off the brush.

Hi Hoozey,

I previously saw a picture of the 8-piece (as provided in a forum by someone who received the brush as part of pre-buy) which show 8 brushes (w/ black ferrule). The link from Lumiere, however, only showed 7 brushes (w/ silver ferrule).

Is there two different sets of brushes?

Originally Posted by mauwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Hoozey,
I previously saw a picture of the 8-piece (as provided in a forum by someone who received the brush as part of pre-buy) which show 8 brushes (w/ black ferrule). The link from Lumiere, however, only showed 7 brushes (w/ silver ferrule).

Is there two different sets of brushes?

The 8-piece set is shown on the site with silver ferrules but it says below that the ones you receive will be black. HTH-

So for all you girls that use a kabuki to apply your finishing dust I have a question for you?! Does the kabuki apply the finishing powder too heavy? I thought that kabukis were for a heavier coverage, I could be wrong-it would not be the first time
smile.gif

Hoozey- Thanks so much for telling me about your blog! Those pictures really helped! I'm like you though, if the flat top was wider/bigger it would be GREAT!!!! I have been trying to find one that was big enough but still synthetic! With the smaller flat tops I feel like I dont get a good coverage. Like I miss spots because it is so small. And I am also lazy and like it to go fast when applying
smile.gif

Oh decisions, decisions! I think I am going to get the long handle kabuki and the regular kabuki. I will just have to decide which one to use for foundation and which one for finishing dust later! I still need to get one for blush/bronzer. Maybe the flat top would be good for that, since it is small enough? Or do you girls think it would apply the blush/bronzer too dark and heavy? Thanks so much for everyones help!!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Hoozey /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have Lumiere's kabuki and flat top. I love the kabuki because it is quick coverage, the flat top is a tad small but then again it gives great coverage so it's really what you are looking for. I just did a brush post on my blog about Lumiere kabuki and flat top. I put several pictures and angles to show the head sizes. You may want to peek at that.
Hilary-

laughing.gif

Hoozey, I'm having just the opposite feelings on the blush brush. I keep going back to my badger angled brush. This is my first foray into synthetic brushes. The blush brush is the hardest one for me to get used to the feel. It feels that there is a bit of drag when I use the synthetics brushes with Smashbox primer.
kopfkratz.gif
I think I spent about $100 on the brushes (long story) so I guess I need to try to use them more.

I just got my Lumiere long-handled kabuki and flat top from the pre-buy and i love, love them! They're so soft and gave an even, flawless finish for the foundations. I just need to practice more on how to use them.

Back