Your biggest makeup NO-NO/Crime???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is your makeup crime you commit the most???

I'll admit it, I find myself going to bed with my makeup still on. I don't know why, but sometimes I get lazy and forget to wash off my makeup and moisturize before I go to bed. I'm just too damn tired!

What do you do?

(Sorry Brewgrl
blush.gif
, I got the idea of the thread from you and your mascara wands....
peek.gif
.... )

Don't hate me
frown.gif
LOL

LOL..at least half of the week I sleep in my makeup...HORRIBLE I know. Sometimes I forget to put the top back on my press powder.

Im good now.

Back when I first started putting MU on (I was about 12/13 yrs young).

I would only put eyeliner on my lower waterline. & brown lip liner w/ white lipstick. And that was it! No mascara, no blush, no eyeliner on top lid. I was a hot mess... and would sleep in it too. Ew.

Almost 10 yrs later, I learned from my mistakes. Ha. & washing my face has become a daily routine, even if I have no MU on. Make it a habit, ladies!

I sleep in mu, I leave mu containers open, I do full makeup on my face and dont do a damn thing with my eyebrows sometimes.
frown.gif

I used to ALWAYS sleep in my make-up! I can't think of anything now that I do, really. I'm a "good girl" at this point, I guess. LOL. Trying to fix my skin is the blame for that, though.

I *do* still sleep in my make-up on occasion.
smile.gif

I don't wash my brushes as much as I should.

But I just brought brush cleaner for in-between washings. So hopefully I'll be better about it!

I sleep with my mascara on sometimes because it's just too hard to get it off. I think my eyelashes are falling out now, so don't do that! lol

I sleep in my makeup way too much too! I don't wear much though. When I fall asleep with mascara on, I lay there and pick it off of my eyelashes. It's a really bad habit!! I'm sure I'm breaking tonz of lashes that way! If my hubby sees me doing it, he slaps my hand away! (I told him to because I want to break the habit)

I USED to wear dark lipliner and go over my lips. When I look back at my pictures, I want to crawl under a rock. I looked SO ugly, I can't believe what I was thinking
wtf.gif

Originally Posted by natalierb /img/forum/go_quote.gif I USED to wear dark lipliner and go over my lips. When I look back at my pictures, I want to crawl under a rock. I looked SO ugly, I can't believe what I was thinking
wtf.gif
It's just funny seeing pics of yourself from way back when... I think I always look at some pic of me years ago and think the same thing... WTF?

I suffer from quite oily skin so I think my crime is 'touching up' too often. I HAVE to have a compact with me wherever i go and I try so hard not to 'cake' it on. Its like a compulsion!

Originally Posted by momokins /img/forum/go_quote.gif I sleep with my mascara on sometimes because it's just too hard to get it off. I think my eyelashes are falling out now, so don't do that! lol woops. got yourself a roomie in the "not taking your mascara off before going to bed" jail. eww, i take most of it off, but each time i still wake up with panda eyes, so why bother. the shower washes it off anyway.

I go to sleep with my makeup on most nights of the week, I try to remind myself to wash my face but it just doesn't happen, UNLESS, I've been putting on makeup (trying new looks) before bed, then I wash it off because it just feels too heavy.

I'm also guilty in the brush cleaning department, I need to clean them more often. At least they don't look gross or anything.

ALSO (geez I am bad lol) I don't pluck my eyebrows as often as I should, I get lazy about plucking the stray hairs, one of my friends even makes fun of me and offers to do it for me lol.

I used to try to overcompensate for my paleness by wearing big splotches of over-bright blush, so that I look like a demented or near-sighted clown who put her makeup on in a rush in the dark...Friends took what I now call the "mug shots" of me back then and I can see just how absurd and unintentionally comical I looked that way. I also recall friends gently remarking that I might try to "blend my makeup" a little more, and earnestly trying to, but somehow always being satisfied with my blending too soon.In these photos, my face always looks really embarrassed or deeply, alarmingly alarmed, because I'm so white and red. It's so awful.
scared.gif

More recently, I sometimes don't wash off my makeup, but I've gotten pretty good about that now, and I'm not as fanatically clean with my brushes as I ought to be. And sometimes,I draw on my waterline too crookedly. I have to learn to draw straighter lines. Well, it's always good to have aspirations!

I don't pluck my eyebrows often enough and I NEVER put any powder/gel/liner anything on them. One of these days I'll go for a professional wax and I'm sure then my eyebrows will look so pretty that I'll feel more compelled to keep them up.

The one thing I'm really good about is washing make up off my face and braiding my hair before I go to bed. One day I was really drunk after a party and I ended up falling asleep on their couch for most of the night (I'm a sleepy drunk, I take lots of naps). I don't remember getting home, but when I woke up my hair was in a braid and my face was washed.

haha krazykid I am like that too!

Sierra I know the feeling of looking back and realizing what people were hinting at. I guess one of my friends was hinting that I needed makeup (I didnt wear any before haha) BTW I'm answering your pm now

I dont have one, I do go to bed with it on if im drunk.... but usually im pretty good
smile.gif

I am guilty of going to bed without removing my makeup. I don't do it all the time, but some nights I am just too tired to wash it off.

I still sleep with my MU on sometimes and don't wash my brushes as often as I should. Need to break the habit!

Latest posts

Back