Mineral Glitters, Joelle Bare Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have reviews on this product? Her ebay store is here:

stores.ebay.com/Joelle-Bare-Cosmetics

Aw, I was hopin to find some reviews... but I think I'm gonna order from her anyway! I'll let you know how it goes!!

I ordered some samples from her. I wanted to try her version of Rare Minerals, and I ended up just buying the full size because it was 1/3 of the BE price. I also ordered some samples that came in packets and a full sized eye shadow. The eye shadow was actually the wrong color, but I liked it so much I didn't even contact her to let her know. It was my first "mineral" eyeshadow and I was impressed with the saturation of color in a matte look.

Anyway...I didn't find an exact match with the foundation, and I was sampling all kinds at that time. I ended up falling in love with EM, so I didn't try the foundations more. I gave all of the samples away to a friend. The prices are great.

I did keep the night treatment powder and do use it, though not every night. It's not as smooth as I was expecting, but it's o.k.

That probably doesn't help much, but here's a pic of some of what I got...

JoelleColors.jpg

I tried her products. It was one of my first mineral makeup bought online. Her medium foundation is very dark so you can use it as bronzer, on the other hand her light foundation was sooo light. Generally I ended up with two big jars of foundation which I'll never use.

I used her Rare Minerals, and used it couple times, but didn't noticed any change. I also got finishing veil which was nice but nothing special. The brushes added to the kit was hard and impossible to use.

I also ordered yellow corrector and it was chalky and so yellow that I coulnd't use it.

Basically I think that ordering full sizes without trying it first is a big mistake.

Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried her products. It was one of my first mineral makeup bought online. Her medium foundation is very dark so you can use it as bronzer, on the other hand her light foundation was sooo light. Generally I ended up with two big jars of foundation which I'll never use.
I used her Rare Minerals, and used it couple times, but didn't noticed any change. I also got finishing veil which was nice but nothing special. The brushes added to the kit was hard and impossible to use.

I also ordered yellow corrector and it was chalky and so yellow that I coulnd't use it.

Basically I think that ordering full sizes without trying it first is a big mistake.

It was the first mineral company I tried too. And I found her medium foundation too dark and too pink for me.

i've ordered from her before. her mineral eyeshadow colors are nice but i am not too fond of her foundation =/

I ordered from her and I LOVE what I got. Its my HG right now!

my review:

Her fair and light foundations were near perfect matches for me, but the foundation lightener I ordered helps to make the foundations my perfect match. I love the finish of the foundations. They have a subtle glow, and aren't too matte for my tastes. Neither are they too drying! She has recently changed her formula, and added green tea into her foundations. I love this! It calms my skin, and the foundation goes on so smoothly. I dont know if this adds to lasting power, but her foundation last on me longer than any other I tried that didn't have green tea as an ingredient!

The fair/light concealer was a little chalky, but if you don't apply a whole lot, it works great. It covers spots and hides my undereye circles, which is all I really want from it, so I can't complain. When using it, less is more. I also really like the veil! It works great applied before the foundation. I love applying it, because it glides on so smooth with my kabuki and it just feels so heavenly on my face! The bronzer adds a nice glow, I didn't really notice that it added color, though. But that's good for me, because I don't really like a bronze look. It does make a nice eyeshadow applied wet, too! And her blush. When I saw it on their website, I thought I was going to hate it. Now that I received it, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Its a bright pink (almost red but not quite) blush with a slight shimmer. It looks sooo good on fair skin. Its especially beautiful when applied wet!

I really don't have any complaints with this brand. I haven't tried her eyeshadows, so I can't say how they are. As for the kabuki that comes with the set I bought, I haven't had good luck with it. But then again, I haven't really tried using it but once. Joelle suggested to me to wash the brush and then use it. I will try that and see how it goes. =)

Originally Posted by letthetruthbekn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Not only would I stay to go elsewhere, I would ask you to read all of the negative feedback on ebay. This lady has a horrible attitude and always responds with anger and unprofessional ways to neg feedback. She and her product are a disgrace to home businesses everywhere! I ordered items from her and when they arrived they were not sealed! This lady takes returns on open items and then sends them to other people. Beware! You never know with a hole in the wall type operation like this.....she may be putting anthrax in the containers!
If you buy from this place you take the chance of the same thing happening to you. If you have a disagreement with her products she then becomes hostile. Why take that chance? Her products also are pending a labratory test for verification of her claims.

Delivery was slow as could be, despite payment being sent right away. I am making my experience known on every site I can, including Angie's List!

Take my advice and you will not be disappointed. I hate that I referred friends before I learned about this shady business. I wonder if she is a registered business with the IRS. I am going to also be checking on that! Her business is registered in Sayre PA, So I will call them first thing on Monday and make sure. I tried to tell her that the best way to resolve this was to simply part ways and refund my money. She refused ao I will make sure EVERYONE knows!!!!

Not only would I stay to go elsewhere, I would ask you to read all of the negative feedback on ebay. This lady has a horrible attitude and always responds with anger and unprofessional ways to neg feedback. She and her product are a disgrace to home businesses everywhere! I ordered items from her and when they arrived they were not sealed! This lady takes returns on open items and then sends them to other people. Beware! You never know with a hole in the wall type operation like this.....she may be putting anthrax in the containers!

If you buy from this place you take the chance of the same thing happening to you. If you have a disagreement with her products she then becomes hostile. Why take that chance? Her products also are pending a labratory test for verification of her claims.

Delivery was slow as could be, despite payment being sent right away. I am making my experience known on every site I can, including Angie's List!

Take my advice and you will not be disappointed. I hate that I referred friends before I learned about this shady business. I wonder if she is a registered business with the IRS. I am going to also be checking on that! Her business is registered in Sayre PA, So I will call them first thing on Monday and make sure. I tried to tell her that the best way to resolve this was to simply part ways and refund my money. She refused ao I will make sure EVERYONE knows!!!!

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I have looked at this company on ebay, but I hesitate to buy from ebay so I haven't purchased anything.Has it been less than 60 days since you purchased? did you pay with paypal? If so you can file a dispute with paypal and maybe get your money back that way. If you used a credit card, your credit card company should have a dispute process too.

I am sure ebay has a complaint process too.

I have been able to get my money back/return products that I was dissatisfied with to a few mmu companies, but it wasn't easy. Most of the online ones seem to have no - return policies.

I had a bad estory with mineral glitter. (I think its the same) because she changed her brand's name so many times,

she is so bad in sales that I can't emagen to you.

I bought from her a kit, that not was full. she didn't send me all the products that I order.

she desapir and I get my money from paypal (the are great)

stay a way from her!!

I have ordered from this site about 3 times and all the time, I have received my items fast and I love that you always get free shipping no matter how much you order. I love the blush, a little tiny bit goes a long way, plus the foundation in light is a great match for my skin. I suffer from mild acne and this has helped, but be aware that little does goes a long way don't put too much foundation .

These products are wonderful.  They are all natural and look flawless on.  Thay are non-irrating and cleared up my acne perfectly!!!  The owner is very nice and the ship time is super fast.  Every product is sealed tight and a good size.  I will always buy from this company.  I LOVE that the products are also gluten free!!
icon_razz.gif

Back