Estee Lauder's pure color

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anone tried EL's pure color stuff, ie, lipgloss and the new eyeshadows. I just got one of the new pure color eyeshadow in mango. It's coral ish on me, but in the pot it looks orange. I also bought the lipgloss in peach mirage. this is a lovely peachy color except it doesnt last very long. OK i admit, i only got this because i wanted the free gift that came with it at robinson's may. haha. I'm a total sucker for that. Not like i will ever use what is included in the gift, it was just cool to have cuz it was so cute. Personally, i think most of EL products are crap. Well not that bad, but for the price, it's not worth it at all. The quality is ok, pretty good sometimes but not great and shouldnt cost that much. Especially their skin care, i find better stuff at target and walmart. I mean a small pure color eyeshadow was $20 and a lipgloss was another $20. The eyeshadow color was nice and silky but it doesnt really last as long as i had hoped. Ok enough with the rambling. What im trying to say is what are your opinions on these pure color stuff, and do u think it's worth your money and would u buy it. Thanks

I have the Pure Petals blush, I don't use it all the time but I do like it alot plus it so pretty. Most makeup is overpriced except MAC IMHO. Check out Chantecaille makeup, now thats overpriced.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by maiho Has anone tried EL's pure color stuff, ie, lipgloss and the new eyeshadows. I just got one of the new pure color eyeshadow in mango. It's coral ish on me, but in the pot it looks orange. I also bought the lipgloss in peach mirage. this is a lovely peachy color except it doesnt last very long. OK i admit, i only got this because i wanted the free gift that came with it at robinson's may. haha. I'm a total sucker for that. Not like i will ever use what is included in the gift, it was just cool to have cuz it was so cute.
Personally, i think most of EL products are crap. Well not that bad, but for the price, it's not worth it at all. The quality is ok, pretty good sometimes but not great and shouldnt cost that much. Especially their skin care, i find better stuff at target and walmart. I mean a small pure color eyeshadow was $20 and a lipgloss was another $20. The eyeshadow color was nice and silky but it doesnt really last as long as i had hoped.

Ok enough with the rambling. What im trying to say is what are your opinions on these pure color stuff, and do u think it's worth your money and would u buy it. Thanks

I agree. Mac's price is very reasonable considering the fact that it's a department store's cosmetics and the quality is very high.

You know what else is rediculously priced??? STILA!!!! Their stuff is cute and some are great, but definitely not worth the price. Like the lip glazes for example. That thing is 24 bucks for a tiny amount. Even dior's lipgloss is cheaper, and chanel's glossimer is in the same range, but so much bigger and better quality imo.

Originally Posted by Tinydancer I have the Pure Petals blush, I don't use it all the time but I do like it alot plus it so pretty. Most makeup is overpriced except MAC IMHO. Check out Chantecaille makeup, now thats overpriced.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I agree about MAC being about the only department store line that's not over priced. Chantecaille is way over priced. I got their eye shadow before thinking that it's going to be something really nice because of the price but it was just an average eye shadow. MAC is a lot better quality over Chantecaille and Estee Lauder etc. I've used Estee Lauder's pure color lipstick before and it was ok but nothing special for the price.

of the pure color products. My favorites are the lipsticks (creamy and smooth) and the eye shadows. I think the lip gloss is okay, but overpriced as everybody says. One of my favorite eye shadows is Lemon square. The color is very long-lasting. Sometimes I use it to highlight my cheekbones.

Latest posts

Back