Shine control with mineral veils/finishing powders?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The one thing I will say that I liked about BE was the mineral veil. I have areas on my face that are very shiny even when there's no oil there & with BE's mineral veil I was able to pat it on those areas with a concealer or foundation brush & the shine was instantly gone.

I am not able to do that with EDM's finishing dust. (it is good at controlling oil, just not shine) I have ordered OMC's mineral veil because I had a sample of it before (which I lost somehow) & it seems to me that I remember it doing what BE's mineral veil did in that respect.

For those who may be wondering why I don't just buy the BE one it's because of all the itching & breaking out due to the bismuth oxychloride.

Does anyone know of any other's that are great at shine control as well as oil control.

Yes! Meow's primers are excellent-either the combo skin or oily skin. I use the combo one right now and it controls both oil and shine.

YMMV: I have Meow's primer for the oily skin. Sorry to say it is not helping either with the oiliness nor the shine. Lumiere's silk powder helps for me.

meow's finishing powder is similar to their oil control primer. I love the finishing powder, just boron nitride and silk, amazing oil control.

thanks everyone!

I did get the mineral veil from OMC in the mail today & yes, it does control the shine perfectly!

kopfkratz.gif
the mineral veil doesn't contain bismuth. i like it, my skin doesn't shine as much as before. anyway, glad you found something else.

fishchick, thanks for your OM review. I have a sample of that but haven't tried it. I guess I forgot. Gotta try it out now.

Back