Foundation similar to Lumiere FF?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for an alternative to Lumiere's FF. Something not too expensive. A nice n sorta creamy feel (not powdery), with good coverage like Lumiere's foundations. I've tried Meow after reading all the raves, but it seems too sheer to me, and I can't find a perfect match without mixing. I do love their CS and good prices though. Too bad.

In Meow, so far I like a mix of 50/50 FF naughty angora with frisky persian, 60/40 naughty angora with naught chart seems a little bit dark for me. In Lumiere I wear light med gold FF. It makes my face look nice and bright, but is a little bit too fair, so sometimes I fluff a tiny bit of med warm FF on top. Haven't tried mixing lightmed gold FF with a little med warm FF yet, don't ask me why!
smile.gif

Any recommendations for brands and shades?

TIA!

I wear the same shade in Lumiere FF as you. I can also wear straight N. Angora (any formula) and straight N. Abysinnian (purrfect puss) from Meow. Have you tried EDM Light Winged Butter? There are 4 formulas to choose from. If you want good coverage I would recommend the intensive one. Mineral Boutique has 4 formulas too and a range of yellow shades. I am still waiting on samples so can't recommend shades to you yet. They are currently having a 20% sale so maybe you want to try samples from them. There are other brands, but they are a bit more $ than Lumiere.

Hi, thanks so much for your reply! I tried naughty abyss but find it a little too beige or something? haven't tried naught angora straight as it looks scary yellow, will give it a try later! I actually like Meow's concealer formulas better than their foundation, as the concealers give better coverage, but they are more expensive also. I will look into MBo. I haven't tried them yet as their website is always very slow to load for me, and I'm not sure what shades... what did you order to sample?

I use Lumiere VV and Luminesse and love the coverage, too. I find KT Naturals coverage comparable to Lumiere. KT Naturals also has good reviews in another forum (mineral makeup mania).

Hello there! I don't have enough posts to see what you wrote after "KT Naturals also has good..." ??

Could you possibly tell me what shade you wear in Lumiere VV and FF, and what you wear in KT Naturals? You do look fairer than I am though
smile.gif

Thanks!

Paperclip-you are welcome! Which formula N. Aby did you try? There are slight variations in some of the colors in the different formulas. N. Angora does LOOK scary in the jar, but it goes on really nice and it's not like that at all on your skin! In Mineral Boutique I ordered B2, B3 and B4 (banana shades) in Cover-it and Perfect-it. Package didn't arrive again today so I think it's lost, as it's been over a week domestic priority.

Hmm I can't remember if I tried the pampered or FF naughty abyss... all the sampling has made me confused lol. I like the looks of the Bs and the Ws for MBo, definitely feel like sampling some... hehe. Thanks for telling me what samples you ordered!

Paperclip, the Meow FF colors will be more opaque than the the 2 PP formulas, so they appear darker. I didn't get any W's in Mbo b/c they looked too pink on my screen. I have learned over the yr. that I generally can't wear warms-have to go w/yellows and goldens. Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by paperclip /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hello there! I don't have enough posts to see what you wrote after "KT Naturals also has good..." ??
Could you possibly tell me what shade you wear in Lumiere VV and FF, and what you wear in KT Naturals? You do look fairer than I am though
smile.gif

Thanks!

I wear Light Medium Golden in VV and Light Golden in Luminesse (I'm light but not as light as indicated in my avatar).
I can wear both KT Naturals' Medium Warm and Medium Natural. Medium Warm is a tad more yellow and Medium Natural is a little pinky. Mixing them though give me the best match.

Rephrasing what I said about KT Natural: The Company is rated highly by forum members of mineral makeup mania.

By the way, KT Naturals 4 samples kit is free. You just pay shipping.

Hey mauwong! KT Naturals sounds good, thanks for telling me your shades, that's a great starting point for me!

Hi Ruby, I realise FF is more opaque, it is easier to get a match with the PPs, but my complexion needs more coverage on bad days
frown.gif
Otherwise the PPs are great! I can actually wear both warms and yellows, I do ok with some peach + yellow undertones. So I was thinking of trying some Ws as well as the Bs. I looked at MBo's site, started carting foundation samples, and ended up with $50 worth of samples!
frown.gif
( I just couldn't decide whether to get samples with or without vit e, or which coverage formula, so I picked everything! Bad habit of mine lol! 2 dollar samples just add up to so much more. Anyway, I'll put MBo on hold first while I check out other people's matches in MBo and read more about the different formulas. Can't afford to spend so much sampling! Do write when you try out your samples, would love to hear what you think.

Oooh YAY! Finally I have 10 posts and can see links! Wahahahahaha!

Paperclip, I have heard that the Vit E is for more dry skins and that it can separate as the day goes on. I got mine w/out Vit E. It's easy to keep putting things in your cart and it does add up fast. Good luck to you!

I've got combi skin, both dry and oily. I like Lumiere's Luminesse with the vit e, and yet I also like foundations without vit e. Thanks for telling me foundations with vit e can separate, I will keep that in mind. You've been very helpful, Ruby2, thank you!

You're welcome, Paperclip!!! Keep us posted on what works for you, ok?

Latest posts

Back