Silk Powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am curious, is anyone allergic or sensitive to silk powder? Has it caused any breakouts?

Personally I love silk powder and I've never heard about anyone's reactions to it.

I haven't heard anyone say they are allergic to it but it's certainly possible for someone to be.

I LOVE silk powder, and have never developed any allergy or sensitivity to it.
smile.gif

I love silk powder too! I'm allergic to pretty much everything and never had a problem with it.

Originally Posted by kaichong /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never used but would like to try, seems it's good! Any brand to recommend? I use Meow's Top cat

Good to know
smile.gif
I've used Meow's primer only a couple of times now, no problems as of yet but I just wanted to see if anyone had any reactions I should be aware of.

Thanks for your responses!

I know OMC & EDM both carry it, but it wasn't recommended to me for my oily skin, so I've never tried it.......

I'd recommend both The Conservatorie and TKB for pure silk powder at $6 for 1 oz. I'm mixing yellows and reds to color them for finising powder and blush.

I love silk powder. I have sensitive skin, and sometimes I have a bad reaction to certain ingredients in makeup products. Silk dust will actually sooth my skin. I love it!

I've never had nor seen anyone that has had a reaction to silk powder. I have seen mineral makeup that used silk which was not "superfine", and it caused clumping of the minerals and buffing issues.

I had a sample of Lumiere's Sheer Silk that I was using, but I noticed some irritation so I stopped using it. I'm not sure if it really was the silk that was causing the problem or not, so maybe I just need to give it another try.

Can silk powder be used as a primer if you have acne or oily skin?? I've heard mixed reviews about that.

Latest posts

Back