Ridicolous?...No?..I think so

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, show of hands..how many people here think its highly unnecessary to wear foundation,bronzer,..you know..the works..during hot weather?..I mean..whats the point? Okay maybe its just me. Maybe I am taking the word "natural beauty" too literal...but whats the deal? I see many chicks on campus in 80 degree weather sweating off thier foundation..Sheesh this one time at the library (I work there) this girl came in and she was sweating..when she leaned foward a sweat dropped and it was all murky colored like mud. i was so disgusted...Ew. Anyways..am i being irrational?

I completely agree. Mineral makeup, tinted moisturizer, or bare. Heavy foundations are really not a good idea.

i don't think it's NECESSARY for some people but then again not everybody is blessed with healthy, even tone skin. maybe they just need the right foundation that won't melt when they sweat. i know Revlon's colorstay is really good for that purpose. however it feels extremely heavy and break me out so i only use tinted moisturizer or mineral makeups in the hot summer days
smile.gif

whatever floats there boat, what may be wrong to you( too much or heavy) may be right for the next person, vice versa.. just cause the mecury rises doesnt mean a girl suppose to go au natural if she dont want to, imo

Loose powder is my HG in the summer months. Nope you're not irrational. I wear lighter makeup in the summertime.

if your skin can handle it, go for it... i think our skin is really good at 'telling' us if it likes something or not.

i like a heavy cover foundation on summer nights. why? cos it doesnt sweat off... but i apply it sheerly, and use a powder on top (lightly) to set the look.

Maybe they're not going for the "natural beauty" look. Whatever makes them happy.

I'm going to wear foundation when I go out regardless of what the weather's like. lol. I absolutely refuse to go without.

I don’t use foundation at all, cuz my skin is good so why covering it?? Plus its sooo bad to the skin..

Originally Posted by Emmaaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don’t use foundation at all, cuz my skin is good so why covering it?? Plus its sooo bad to the skin.. I concur.

Originally Posted by Emmaaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don’t use foundation at all, cuz my skin is good so why covering it?? Plus its sooo bad to the skin.. woho then wt are u doing here :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> *j/k*
mm i agree with many of you. mineral makeup kick ass for summer. not too thick and enough coverage. even u sweat under it it gives u the kinda natural glow. my fds have complimented me on how healthy my skin is becoz it was glowing but it was FAKE HAHA! just the mineral makeup!

i also dun think heavy foundation is for summer. especially liquid foundation. feels icky to me sometimes.

i will raise my hand to this.

cause i mean it cant feel that good to wear all that stuff on your face when its like super humid and 90 degrees outside.

although i wonder this same thing for girls who wear a full face of makeup to punk shows where they know it will smudge and get runied or especially at beaches.

Well some of us are lacking in "natural beauty" ..... so it's our only option..... Your a lucky girl if you don't need foundation.... I do....

Love Karren

I prefer the flawless look to natural beauty. Probably because I'm a perfectionist...

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i will raise my hand to this.cause i mean it cant feel that good to wear all that stuff on your face when its like super humid and 90 degrees outside.

although i wonder this same thing for girls who wear a full face of makeup to punk shows where they know it will smudge and get runied or especially at beaches.

LOL! But smeared and melted makeup is so punk!!!
rockwoot.gif

Well for obvious reasons foundation and sweat mixed and pouring off someones face is not a good look. But for people who feel they need the coverage there are a lot of options. Tinted Moisturizer, Light Foundation, Spray Foundation, MMU etc. I also like stains or gel blushes in the summer because powders tend to seperate and get blotchy in the heat. Sure less is better....I'm sure no one like that sweating in makeup feeling.

My problem is mostly pollen allergy, which makes my eyes tear up so any eye makeup I have on is cried away by the time I get to work
frown.gif

Personally, I like a somewhat natural look in the summer however I do agree that there are some who really need to cover up marks etc......

If a girl's happy wearing foundation in the Summer, then I see nothing wrong with it! [Good luck to them, though... Summer where I live is generally around 30 degrees Celsius on a daily basis...] I don't personally wear foundation very often, but some people aren't completely confident without it! So, why not? Its their face, and their reapplication time!

Originally Posted by Karen_B /img/forum/go_quote.gif My problem is mostly pollen allergy, which makes my eyes tear up so any eye makeup I have on is cried away by the time I get to work
frown.gif
me too, and as i never wear foundation during summer, i tend to focus instead on my eyes and i feel so frustrated when my turquoise e/l is falling on my cheeks :/

Latest posts

Back