Signature Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering, is Signature Minerals anyone's HG? I first tried them a few months ago, and I found my color match, but I was at all impressed with their staying power, even with primer. Plus, their translucent veil made me look like a ghost!

But, yesterday I decided to give them another go! This time I dusted on Petal veil first, then applied their 2.3 Light Beige foundation, and put their Roseberry blush on my cheeks, and finished off with Petal. Let me say this time, I was very impressed! It actually lasted until nightime! I guess the Petal as primer worked well for me. =)

Here's some pics; the first with flash, the second with no flash.

m_a34e22c36a229961777bab90fcaad1b8.png
m_41cd3ef8547cf0a92a92a57d11dcc8f1.png

Signature Minerals is the only brand I've been able to immediately find a color match in, actually. I haven't tried their veils, though.

Looks great on you however SM gave me the itchies so I was forced to discontinue using their products.

EDIT:

Alright, let me say that I am VERY pleased with the staying power of SM when it comes to sweating... as long as I use petal as a base, my MMU stays in place! Yesterday I worked out really hard and sweated a whole lot.. and my mmu didn't budge! I was so impressed! I'm definitely going to have to order a full size of Petal!!

you look great!! i tried sm but couldn't get a color match. i do have to say that their customer service is amazing!

Well, Signature looks lovely on you
smile.gif
I have both the Petal veil and 2.3 Lt. Beige foundation samples. I like Signature quite a bit, but I didn't get a match with my first and only set of samples, and I haven't tried them again because I've been sampling a lot of other brands instead. I think I remember it felt a bit drying on my face when I first tried it.

I did however try the 2.3 Lt. Beige yesterday mixed with LaurEss Gentle Neutral and I was surprised at how long it lasted! The LaurEss made it feel less drying and gave me a bit of glow, which was nice since I find Signature to be pretty matte by itself. The colour was surprisingly good, too. 2.3 Lt. Beige is a bit too dark on its own for me and the Gentle Neutral lightened it up some.

Anyway, I'm glad you found a combo that works for you
smile.gif
Signature stuff is great and really inexpensive as well.

I also love signature mineral. They eyeshadow are my favourite. For me it was hard to find really good e/s color in MMu. Some of the companies selling way too stong colors with toooo much shimmer which is more suitable for girls below 20( e.g Fyrinnae , MAD minerals). Some other companies selling matte e/s with boring shades with maybe ok if you are a senior, but I do not feel that old yet
smile.gif
So I a think is hard to find suitable e/s color for professional working women for daywear.

Signature minerals just has the perfect color palette. Semmi matte and pearls shades are my favourite and you can wear them day or night and give you a sophisticated professional look.

My other big favourite in signature minerals light touch concealer. Just love it. Every caucasian women should try it. (It may be too light for women of color though)

They lip color also a must try! One of the best lip product in MMU. I tried out lumiere lip colors which are preatty but, with a maximum 2 minutes staying power. EDM lip colors are ok, but not as good as Signature one.

However I tried every possible shade of their foundation without match. 1.0 is too light 2.0 is different undertone, 2.3 3.0 4.0 are too dark. Somehow all of the foundation gave you a suntanned look, which is nice. But I live in Canada where half of the year is winter, so the sunkissed look makes an artificial impression. I might use 2.3 at the summer though.

i've read somewhere that SM is a Monave reseller (i could be wrong though), but their descriptions are very much alike...eg. SM foundation #4 vs. Monave CF Paula, SM Petal vs. Monave Glisten, etc.

maybe someone can confirm this?

simplicity:

I do not know about this, but it sound very unlikely.

Monave full size jar foundatyion: $25

Singnature full size jar foundation: $12

What is the business to"resale" a product less then half price???

Based on the price the opposite could be true, but I do not think so.

I do not know how close their formula , because I never tried Monave, because of its price.

I checked those mentioned description, and for me does not sound the same. Just because this particulqar shade targeting Asian skintone???? Most of the MMu have foundation olive shades, because asian women is large market.

I think I heard that before. However, I believe that Mineralmakeupwholesale a/k/a Coconutbaycosmetics are distributors for: Signature, Monave and perhaps many other labels. The reason for the different prices can possibly be determined on whoever is selling "their" product under their label. Basically, you can sell it at whatever price you feel comfortable with. I even heard of companies raising their prices to increase sales - the reason being if they "value" the product more, the consumer will too. I just go with whatever works for me, and then try to find the least expensive one. I've tried them all, and I have to say that they all work for me and look quite nice. Check it out for yourselves. You'll see that many of the colors are even named the same names. I also have "Petal" and like it very much.

Another thing I've noticed is you can increase the staying/adhering power of most any mmu by using a base of "serecite." I noticed that it is the first ingredient of many of the brands (lumiere) which people rave about incredible staying power. You can purchase a pound of it from Coastalscents (when on sale) for $9.00. Just swirl, sweep some on your face underneath your first layer of foundantion and you'll be amazed at the increase in staying powder. Try it.

People who complain about EDM rubbing off should especially try this. I don't have a problem with it, however, I do notice the increased "creamy" texture of my foundation when applying the serecite underneath it. Good stuff.
goldcup.gif

BTW - I like Signature as well. Use what works for you even if the majority of the people don't like it. You look incredible in your photo - so if it works for you, and it obviously does, then use it!
rocknroll2.gif

CooCoo

Simplicity, I wrote to Signature way back when I was sampling them (early Spring) and asked if they were a Monave re-seller b/c they had the same names for blush, etc and they wrote back and said they were not. I tried the foundation and couldn't get a match, and I also ordered some blush shades. They were nice, but not HG material for me. And the shades I ordered (same name as Monave) were not the same colors. HTH!

Ruby

loves signatureminerals. I like the foundations and the blushes is great!!!

and if somebody cant find a perfect match you can mix some colors....

Back