Eye Shadow Staying Help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made a pretty, if I do say so myself
laughing.gif
, lavender eye shadow but it doesn't seem to stay on real well. What did I do wrong or what do I need to add?

Thanks,

Heidi

primer potion from urban decay has your answers! it will hold everything! just put a thin layer under any eyeshadow

Originally Posted by hhalliburton /img/forum/go_quote.gif I made a pretty, if I do say so myself
laughing.gif
, lavender eye shadow but it doesn't seem to stay on real well. What did I do wrong or what do I need to add?
Thanks,

Heidi

Heidi, Did you follow a recipe? Maybe you should have posted this in the "make your own mmu thread" and the girls their would be able to assist you better
smile.gif

Originally Posted by princessmich /img/forum/go_quote.gif Heidi, Did you follow a recipe? Maybe you should have posted this in the "make your own mmu thread" and the girls their would be able to assist you better
smile.gif
No, I didn't follow a recipe, more of a basic guide and just kinda played around and came up with it.
I'll go ask over there, thanks

Heidi

I was wondering about MMU eyeshadows staying power. I can put on any kind of pressed eyeshadow (Covergirl mainly) and it will NEVER crease or fade. ALL of my Lumiere samples (mineral eyeshadows) have creased and faded. Right after I put them on the are beautiful! After about two hours...yuck!! What is up with that?

It must be the MMU eyeshadows because nothing can make my "drugstore" eyeshadows mess up. My Covergirl will look "just applied" for 8 or 10 hours. Oh, and I don't wear any primer with my Covergirl. I have tried my Pure Luxe Eraser, concealer and foundation under the MMU eyeshadows without any luck. Can anyone help?

Originally Posted by semantje /img/forum/go_quote.gif primer potion from urban decay has your answers! it will hold everything! just put a thin layer under any eyeshadow I agree--UDPP is wonderful!

Originally Posted by SierraWren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree--UDPP is wonderful! I totally agree. I have oily lids and nothing has helped my e/s stay on until UDPP. This stuff makes my e/s last for at least 12 hours with no creasing.

Originally Posted by togal /img/forum/go_quote.gif I totally agree. I have oily lids and nothing has helped my e/s stay on until UDPP. This stuff makes my e/s last for at least 12 hours with no creasing. I wonder if that would help me? I don't use anything under Covergirl and have used a couple things under MMU eyeshadow. The Covergirl always stays great and the MMU eyeshadows NEVER stay. I just don't get it. Is the binder in the pressed eyeshadows aiding the staying power?
I don't want to spend the pricey amount for the UDPP if it isn't going to do anything for the MMU eyeshadows. I'm ok with wearing the Covergirl but I do have some nice MMU eyeshadows that I wish I could wear for more than two hours.

I have the same problem as you- mmu shadows don't stay long on my oily lids. I have tried the e/s primers sold on the websites, both liquid and cream e/s primers. They still crease after a maximum of 5-6 hours. I even put finishing powder and powder primers before and after e/s application still with no luck.

UDPP is the best product ever! I cannot wear eyeshadow without it - it ALWAYS creases. But with UDPP my problems are solved!

Originally Posted by nikkiz. /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have the same problem as you- mmu shadows don't stay long on my oily lids. I have tried the e/s primers sold on the websites, both liquid and cream e/s primers. They still crease after a maximum of 5-6 hours. I even put finishing powder and powder primers before and after e/s application still with no luck. Ok, so I'm not the only one. I thought I had something wrong with my eyelids.
laughing.gif

Did you stop wearing MMU eyeshadow? I have for now. I couldn't handle the gross mess on my lids after a couple hours. It is a shame. I really like some of those MMU eyeshadows I have.

I guess the eyeshadow primers won't help me since I have no problem with "drugstore" eyeshadows. I will keep on going with my Covergirl - Sheer Nudes.

I love mmu e/s colors and I have so many so I haven't stopped using them. I just have to find a very good primer. Might try that UDPP in the future I guess.

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wonder if that would help me? I don't use anything under Covergirl and have used a couple things under MMU eyeshadow. The Covergirl always stays great and the MMU eyeshadows NEVER stay. I just don't get it. Is the binder in the pressed eyeshadows aiding the staying power?
I don't want to spend the pricey amount for the UDPP if it isn't going to do anything for the MMU eyeshadows. I'm ok with wearing the Covergirl but I do have some nice MMU eyeshadows that I wish I could wear for more than two hours.

Hmmm...I think it must be the binders in the pressed e/s that is making it stick better to your lids. Did you try using foundation or a cream eyeshadow (ie. WnW cream shadows in the tube) on your eyelids first? It will make your lids a little "tacky" for the MMU e/s to adhere to.
I was reluctant at laying out $$ for the UDPP at first but it has been so worth it. It may look like a small tube but it lasts me at least 6 months with everyday use. A little goes a very long way.

Hi,

What did you use in your formula? Did you use a base? Regular micas don't really stick- but a little magnesium stearate and you have to scrub it off.

I second the cream eyeshadow.

I have an oily eyelid, too, and use Almay cream to powder eyeshadow (which has unfortunately been discontinued, but I still have some) as a base. It helps MMU eyeshadow stays longer.

I don't have the problem with oily eyelids and I never use a primer just the bare old MMU e/s and It goes on and stays put just fine, however I find that Lumiere's shadows are awesome when applied using the foiling method.
smile.gif

I read somewhere on the internet that you could use vasline on your eye lids to keep the eye shadow on.. might be worth giving it a go?

Back