Sign in to follow this  
glee5

NYX pigments vs. MAC pigments

so i decided to do a little comparison of NYX pigments and MAC pigments because although i own both brands, i wanted to see the difference between the two. soo here goes smile.gif:

MAC

price: 19.50 for .26 oz

staying power: amazingg

colors: gorgeoussss

uses: everything and anything lol

pic:

4p0kt4o.jpg

in this pic jardin aires and nyx's nude looks almost exactly the same but in person jardin aires is more goldish pink and nyx nude is more of a beige-y shimmer (basically a cross between provence and jardin aires)

67qpp5g.jpg

both very similar but kitchmas is more pinkish whereas baby pink pearl is more of a lilac

NYX

price: 3.00 for .06 oz

staying power: pretty good but tends to fade a little

colors: also very pretty

uses: i think their pigments are only to be used as loose shadows but i'm not 100% sure

pic:

68l9gth.jpg

all the shades have a highly reflective quality that u cant really see in the picture.

which do you guys like better, mac or nyx? i personally like MAC better because im such a sucker for MAC but NYX is really great for someone who doesnt want to break the bank and still get great quality smile.gif

theyre both great! i cant tell the difference sometimes. i should swatch mac teal and the nyx pigment see if people can tell the difference. lol that would be fun.........i have become so addicted to pigments that i think swatching is fun......im cuh ray zee lol.

Originally Posted by newyorkknick View Post
theyre both great! i cant tell the difference sometimes. i should swatch mac teal and the nyx pigment see if people can tell the difference. lol that would be fun.........i have become so addicted to pigments that i think swatching is fun......im cuh ray zee lol.
haha yea same here

Thanks for posting this topic. I've only tried the L'oreal pigment. Thanks for also posting the price per volume. I did the math and the NYX is the Cheapest, then MAC and L'oreal comes in dead last.

Has anyone tried studio direct pigments?

I really like both... I have between 40-50 MAC pigments, and the full set of NYX pearl pigments. The NYX is great quality for the price, as you can see with the pictures above. I have some MAC favorites though, such as Deckchair, Sunpepper, and a few others. Thanks for the pics!

I still like my MAC pigments better, but I bought the whole set of NYX pigments a couple of wks ago. For the price of nyx, it's worth the money and the color/quality is similar to MAC. I'm just not sure on the staying power yet as I haven't worn it often enough

I've got both and I do prefer my MAC ones. They NYX ones are great as they've got a few colours that MAC don't have. But I find the MAC ones have a deeper, richer colour and better staying power.

Thanks for doing the swatches.

NYX pigments are definitely a great option for the budget-conscious. I really don't see why NYX pigments can't be used as a multipurpose product like MAC pigments.

Thanks for the review and the swatches. That was helpful! smile.gif

What she said! laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Sirvinya View Post
I've got both and I do prefer my MAC ones. They NYX ones are great as they've got a few colours that MAC don't have. But I find the MAC ones have a deeper, richer colour and better staying power.

Thanks for doing the swatches.

Originally Posted by ColdDayInHell View Post
NYX pigments are definitely a great option for the budget-conscious. I really don't see why NYX pigments can't be used as a multipurpose product like MAC pigments.

Thanks for the review and the swatches. That was helpful! smile.gif

Really? What kind of ways can you use MAC pigments that NYX pigments can't be used?