How To Gain Weight??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know everybody is trying to lose weight. But i'm seriously tryin to gain some weight. I weigh about 100 pounds and i'm 5'4. I think i'm too skinny and i'd like to be at about 118 pounds. I started taking birth control pills just to gain some weight. Unfortunatley it isn't working. I eat and eat and eat...that seems to be doing nothing for me either. I've been skinny all my life and it somewhat brings down my self esteem.

Are their any weight gain pills out there that are safe to use? Or is there anything else!!

helllppppppp!!!!!

Well how about gaining some muscle? That way your body will look extra toned, not just skinny and you will def gain weight, but good weight.

I'm not sure about pills but I know that eating meat, drinking protein shakes and working out every couple of hours (strength training not cardio) is what bodybuilders do to gain muscle mass. There's no easy way. If you're serious, talk to a nutritionist and hire a trainer.

I have the same issue. I'm 5'2 and I work to keep my weight at 100lbs (although I would love to be at 105lbs)

Eating healthy carbs (like rice) and build muscle is what I find the best way to get the weight. Eating alot doesnt do any good if your metabolism burns it and if youre just eating fatty food.

Muscles are the best way to go as muscles weigh more than fat and you will look tone in all the right places (instead of pudgy).

Doing it that way instead of eating fatty suff (which I still do Q_Q) will benefit you in the long run too when your metabolism starts to catch up on you.

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Move in with me for a month. I'll get you fat! lol
hug.gif

lol thanks guys

i should have mentioned this...i'm vegetarian..so eating meat is not an option.

And i'm scared of muscles! lol i don't want to be masculine.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by chic_chica /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol thanks guys
i should have mentioned this...i'm vegetarian..so eating meat is not an option.

And i'm scared of muscles! lol i don't want to be masculine.
frown.gif

Have lots of rice and pasta. Those give carbs.
And you're thinking of the stereotype on muscles. There are two types, the toned kind (think of celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Gwen Stefani, Kendra from the Girls Next Door or the Pussycat dolls) and the big, bulky muscle kind which you might be thinking of when you watch American Gladiators or something.

Building muscles is great. You would want to be toned so you gotta do sets or reps using lighter weights and faster exercises. Bulky weight is the opposite, you use heavier weights and do slower reps.

For me I use 3lb weights when I work out (how often just depends on when I feel like it lol
frown.gif
) for balance and 7lb weights for some resistance and build some muscle shape.

Don't be scared of muscle! Muscle looks amazing on women! Women don't have the body type to get too bulky unless they're training for body building competitions. Regular exercising won't get you that big. Maybe you should workout with a personal trainer a couple of times to get an idea of what exercises you could do. Also, protein shakes are a good idea and protein bars. Peanut butter and whole milk will help too.

Great advice people! I'd like to also say that if your genetics isn't to become a big muscular girl, you won't become not even you pull up 30lb on each arm . You'll only get bigger than your genetic limit if you use some kind of testosterone (which is not good)

i think i'll probably check out a gym soon then. In the mean while, i'll go make some peanut punch!! lol

Originally Posted by chic_chica /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think i'll probably check out a gym soon then. In the mean while, i'll go make some peanut punch!! lol
4.gif
!! I would eat about 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a day when I was in boot camp and I never lost any weight, it just stayed at 103lbs. even though we were working out pretty much ALL day. That's how I know they make you gain fast, cause everyone else was losing 15lbs. If I lost 15lbs. though, I'd be non existant. I would weigh 90 lbs!

lol ! you could also eat chocolate, and as it is a good antidepressant, you don't feel guilty while eating it !
wink.gif
rotfl.gif

lol @ farris.

Im 5'4" and weigh about 95 lbs. I find that when I work out regularly, i start gaining weight because I gain muscle. Don't be afraid of muscle, you WILL NOT look like a body builder (FREAKY!). You will look toned and everybody will be jealous of your awesome abs lol. Also, you can get proteins in other forms, shakes, nuts, beans, not just meat, so look into that. Also, you want to eat more but not more junk food, that's unhealthy for you in numerous other ways. You need to increase your calorie intake during the day, even if that means eating smaller sized meals throughout the day, that's what I try to do.

Last year I worked out a lot and gained weight, I had to give it up for a year but now I'm back into going to the gym and trying to eat more (good things though).

If you're vegetarian [me too
smile.gif
] then I'd recommend eating lots of seeds, nuts and nut butters. Trail mix is wonderful, preferably unsalted. My favourite has peanuts, cashews, raisins, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and almonds. Mmm. Lots of healthy fats from the nuts/seeds and carbs from the fruit. Good stuff. Also like La Mari suggested, peanut butter sandwiches. LOL.

Working out will help you gain weight [from the muscle] and you'll be in great shape. Don't worry about getting big and manly, it won't happen
wink.gif
You'll just be all wonderfully toned. Good luck!

I would also love to gain a few pounds but my Doctor does not agree. Instead she says I'm overweight...LOL I'm 5' 2" and currently weigh 114 lbs. Before I had my 2nd baby I weighed 121 LBS and I would love to get back there but I have to admit having 2 toddlers to run around with doesn't help me gain an inch...LOL I hate exercising...I'm too lazy to get into that stuff.....my hubby hits the gym everyday and tries to encourage me but after I'm done looking after 2 kids I'm dead burnt
frown.gif
Hubby keeps telling me that I look awesome the way I am but unfortunately I don't feel quite there since I guess its has to do with my "self-esteem".

Latest posts

Back