Big Brother 8: Official Thread w/ Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
CBS' 'Big Brother 8' to debut July 5, add new 'After Dark' spinoff show

Big Brother will be even more omnipresent than usual this summer. The long-running reality show's three-nights-a-week CBS broadcast schedule and live 24/7 Internet feeds will now be accompanied by a live feed that will air nightly on one of CBS' cable subsidiaries.

CBS has announced that Big Brother 8 -- which will once again be hosted by Julie Chen, the CBS news anchor who has hosted all eight seasons of the show -- will premiere Thursday, July 5 at 8PM ET/PT, with its Sunday and Tuesday editions scheduled to debut on Sunday, July 8 at 8PM ET/PT and Thursday, July 10 at 9PM ET/PT.

Except for the Tuesday night episodes -- which aired at 8PM ET/PT instead of 9PM ET/PT last season -- Big Brother 8's broadcasting schedule will be the same as the one last summer's Big Brother 7: All-Stars followed.

However in addition to airing thrice weekly on CBS, Big Brother 8 will also feature a live feed that will broadcast nightly on Showtime Too, a secondary channel of Showtime, the pay cable network that became a CBS Corporation subsidiary when CBS split from Viacom in 2005.

Titled Big Brother: After Dark, the spinoff will air nightly from 12AM to 3AM ET and feature footage from the same live camera feeds that are made available to subscribers of the show's 24/7 live Internet feeds. Given the Big Brother house is in Los Angeles, that means After Dark -- which will debut July 5, the same night as the show's CBS premiere -- will feature live coverage of the house's 9PM and 12AM PT happenings.

"That's primetime for the Big Brother house," executive producer Allison Grodner told Daily Variety. "It's when our houseguests are most wide awake and having fun, talking about strategy and playing the game."

Similar to the manner in which Big Brother's production staff determines which of the house's dozens of camera feeds comprise the four feeds that that are made available for live Internet viewing, a producer will reportedly determine which camera feed is broadcast on Showtime Too's After Dark.

Although After Dark's feed will be interrupted if the houseguests "say anything slanderous or that violates music copyrights," according to Variety, the fact that the Big Brother footage will be airing on Showtime -- a cable network that's not subject to FCC restrictions -- means that profanity and nudity will be broadcast.

"People are going to see quite a bit," Grodner told Variety.

In addition to its new After Dark spin-off and return of the show's traditional live Internet feeds offering, Big Brother's eighth season will also feature the return of Big Brother Mobile Pack, wireless phone subscription package that debuted last season; House Calls, the Gretchen Massey-hosted Big Brother Internet talk show that CBS.com debuted during the show's fifth season in 2004; and the "Head of Household Blog" that CBS.com debuted last season. Like last season, free online viewing of all Big Brother 8's episodes will also be made available on CBS.com and other websites that are part of the network's new CBS Audience Network.

With Big Brother 8 taking over CBS' Thursdays at 8PM ET/PT time period, Pirate Master, Mark Burnett's new reality competition series, will relocate to Tuesdays at 10PM ET/PT beginning July 10.

I got the feeds like 2 yrs ago and i would watch it all day because i got addicted so i wont be doing that again. lol

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got the feeds like 2 yrs ago and i would watch it all day because i got addicted so i wont be doing that again. lol I was totally addicted last year. it was bad!

I Love This Show, Lol, I Got The Feeds One Time 2, And Thats All You Would Here At My House. It Is Soooo Addicting.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! I'm soooooo excited! Last year, I started reading all the transcripts and OMG! It was friggin' addictive!

Big Brother 8!!!!!!!!! Damn I didn't know they did so many already. I thought they were on number 4 or 5! But I've watched the first season and I just didn't like the plot of the show. At least on the Real World they get a phone and get to go out.

Originally Posted by Pauline /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anyone who knows me know's i LUV BB! Hey you... nice to see you posting.

Originally Posted by pinkbundles /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! I'm soooooo excited! Last year, I started reading all the transcripts and OMG! It was friggin' addictive! You better watch girlie... you were lagging last year.
moa.gif

lol

ur BB is so diff to ours!!! we half hour shows every night at 7pm late show that start at 11pm-1 am, then we have BB friday night Live games where they compete to go into the rewards room, where they choose to take another housemate for luxury for the weekend. then we have live feed on the net and on 1 mobile company. we use to have adults only special on late thurday nights but the havent aired this yr,

Ooh I can't wait. I don't subscribe to the live feeds but they have a website where they tell you what happens on the feeds. I just can't remember what the site is. Anyway I am looking forward to it this year!

New info on the house. Guest have not been announced.

Big Brother 8 (US) House Revealed...... maybe even a possible theme for this season?

Mirror, mirror on the wall: Instead of last year's fire-and-ice theme, this season's house has a 'fractured fairy tale' quality.

Claustrophobia alert! This two-sizes-too-small room has five beds that are only 5 feet long and is filled with low-to-the-ground child-size chairs 'Essentially [they'll be] living in a dollhouse,' says Grodner.

A look at the bedroom doorways, which are a nod to Alice in Wonderland. Grodner says, 'We've got a bedroom where you feel very big and a bedroom where you feel very small!'

54mlo90.jpg

6bdzsbp.jpg

5xrv15e.jpg

67nj8r8.jpg

6cg1leb.jpg

4kyx4eh.jpg

4v7gml0.jpg

5xin38o.jpg

6690gme.jpg

4opdwqx.jpg

4uuz02g.jpg

638lflk.jpg

I like the decor

I am so excited, I can not wait. I love this show. The house looks really cool too.

Back