Victoria Beckham's seaweed 'wonder' shakes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just read this weeks edition of 'look' magazine, it has a big spread on Vixctoria Beckham's 'Bizzare New Diet Regime'. It says she drinks a sea-weed and algae shake twice a day. Here's a little excerpt:

'Insiders reveal the former spice girl is regularly downing seaweed and algae shakes in a bid to loose 7lb and get her skin looking healthy before she moves to LA next month. The 33 year old swears by her latest discovery and says the benefits are incredible'

Apparently you buy them as a powder and mix them with water or rice milk.

What does everyone else think? Are there benefits in drinking this stuff every day? I want to try it but can't find any in the shops and googling just brings up face masks not stuff you would drink

Anyone heard of this before?

holy gwok. I havent heard of that but is that all she consumes???!!!

good luck in the search. I reckon if you do find it, it'll taste revolting, LOL

Wow she doesn't need to lose seven pounds. I'm not sure if it would be good for skin. Probably good for something.

she doesnt eat food, period... dont worry about shakes etc. just follow victorias regime of NO FOOD lol

I can't imagine seaweed and algae shakes tasting very good, but they are supposed to be very nutritious, LOL.

That sounds interesting... I'd try it
smile.gif

tried it once in this supermarket..ewww it was so gross..never again *lol* but might be that there are other ones that doesn't taste as bad as the one I drank

Why does she need to loose 7 lbs! She weighs like 0 right now, what she wants to be a size -10 or something.

People drink all kinds of weird health shakes. It sounds nasty to me. And she already looks too thin, losing 7 more lbs. is completely unnecessary.

Aint sushi made from seaweed wraps? ew.

Ugh. Call me old fashion - but I like my strawberry & banana shakes.

I have just signed up to this site as I was initially looking for this seaweed wonder shake aswell and came across this forum.....thought it looked a great place to trade girly ideas and knowledge..did you ever find out where to buy this weight loss shake from that Posh apparently is drinking...I would love to try it...well as long as it works and is not actually bad for me anyway! any clues?

Lisa

shes lying...shes in No food diet. seaweed/algae diet my ass! ..she looks breakable.By the time she settles here in AMERICA..everyone is going to talk shit bout her body.

lose 7 more pounds?! Posh? right shes goin to be dead by then.

Well, as far as her diet goes I'm totally unsure about that! But as far as those shakes . . .

Seaweed - Has very high levels of iodine, and iodine is used to treat a hypo-active thyroid, or under active thyroid. && ur thyroid controlls your METABOLISIM, another words the seaweed will rev up your metabolisim, making you burn calories at a faster rate. In fact if you look at most if not all diet pills on the market they have KELP or SEAWEED in it. Just for your info BLADDERWRACK has the heighest amount of iodine out of all seaweeds.

Algae- Chlorella && Spirulina, google it, they are supposed to be like this wonder food, or the "perfect food". At one point scientist thought that they were the answers to solving world hunger. As they have everything your body needs as far as nutrition. So there very well could be truth behind the "she dosen't eat any FOOD," thing. Not only is it very nutritious it is also supposed to detoxify or clean out all the impurities in your body. In my opinion everyone can benefit from taking one of these chlorella or spirulina, even if it's not to lose weight.

I've never heard or seen these in powder form, I take the pill form which I get from my local health food store.

&& where in the heck is she gonna find the 7 pounds to lose?? Remove a freaking kidney and maybe half a lung?? Sheesh she's TINY as is !!

Well,if she is drinking those god-awful seaweed/sewage shakes(which sound like something a local health food store of mine carries, in dehydrated form--eww!)that might half explain the eternal and dreadful expression on her face, immobilized in apparent shock or horror,as if she had just recently tasted/smelled the most disgusting concoction on the face of the known planet--and swallowed the whole thing, down to the last revolting drop.
sleepyhead.gif
10.gif
ill.gif

I think the Odwalla superfood drinks (the ones that look like green ooze) are loaded with spirulina, and maybe other kinds of seaweed. I used to drink them until I realized how much sugar is in them, but they were the most delicious things on the planet.

Back