Brown Sunspot: What can I use to cover it up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i've tried all the different 'concealers', without much luck. the brown sunspot is smack dab in the middle of my face. i've tried everything from laura mercier's concealers to monave to meow to lumiere etc...no luck.

maybe i'm using the wrong color or formula? what color cancels out a brown spot, anyhow? purple? yellow? green??

and maybe i'm applying it incorrectly? just using a taklon and dabbing it on prior to foundation application.

any tips would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

You may want to put the concealer after foundation. I find that sometimes I accidentally wipe off the concealer when I apply the foundation.

Definitely put concealer after foundation for better coverage. Try Amazing concealer, you can get it at Ulta or Sephora. That stuff covers everything!!

thanks, ladies!

i'll try the concealer afterwards. but what 'color' would do best to combat/counteract the brown??

tia

Hi there, pebo!

I understand your frustration because I have a pigmented patch that I'm obsessed with concealing completely.

This is the method that works best for me:

Start by mixing a yellow mineral concealer powder with some water (or moisturizer or whatever mixing medium you prefer) to get a thin, slightly creamy "paint". You then dab it on lightly with a small flat taklon brush. If the spot to be concealed is small, a fine, pointed eyeliner brush may give you better control and definition. Next, pick up some translucent finishing powder with a soft flat-top brush or powder puff and press it onto the concealer to set the concealer. Dust off the excess finishing powder lightly with the flat-top brush. Repeat with a layer of concealer in a shade slightly lighter than your skin tone, again setting it with finishing powder.

Apply concealer in light layers till you are satisfied with the coverage. Then apply your foundation in the usual manner, being careful to buff gently so that you're not buffing off the concealer. If necessary, dab/stipple more concealer over your foundation and set it with finishing powder.

This article Makeup tips: hiding birthmarks and other natural blemishes and this one Multi Tone Concealer Guide explains the principles and techniques of applying concealing and corrective makeup.

NB: A very light hand is absolutely crucial in effective and natural-looking concealer application.

7dh.gif

I second amazing concealer. just pick the color that will match your skin the most I think. this concealer's really not a conteracting concealer...more like a cover-it-up kinda deal. do i make sense? anyways,make sure to put concealer after foundation but then dust a layer of veil or finishing powder to make the concealer last longer. hth

EDM suggests using a light pink to even out the skin tone. In fact, I think their color they suggest is called "Light Pink." I have the brown spots AND red spots, from the sun and from hormonal imbalances. It sucks, I know. They're all over my face.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by mauwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif You may want to put the concealer after foundation. I find that sometimes I accidentally wipe off the concealer when I apply the foundation.
iagree.gif

Wow! Great info!!!
g.gif
sat-chit-ananda!

Originally Posted by sat-chit-ananda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi there, pebo!
I understand your frustration because I have a pigmented patch that I'm obsessed with concealing completely.

This is the method that works best for me:

Start by mixing a yellow mineral concealer powder with some water (or moisturizer or whatever mixing medium you prefer) to get a thin, slightly creamy "paint". You then dab it on lightly with a small flat taklon brush. If the spot to be concealed is small, a fine, pointed eyeliner brush may give you better control and definition. Next, pick up some translucent finishing powder with a soft flat-top brush or powder puff and press it onto the concealer to set the concealer. Dust off the excess finishing powder lightly with the flat-top brush. Repeat with a layer of concealer in a shade slightly lighter than your skin tone, again setting it with finishing powder.

Apply concealer in light layers till you are satisfied with the coverage. Then apply your foundation in the usual manner, being careful to buff gently so that you're not buffing off the concealer. If necessary, dab/stipple more concealer over your foundation and set it with finishing powder.

This article Makeup tips: hiding birthmarks and other natural blemishes and this one Multi Tone Concealer Guide explains the principles and techniques of applying concealing and corrective makeup.

NB: A very light hand is absolutely crucial in effective and natural-looking concealer application.

7dh.gif

Back