First tutorial on MUT - Pressing pigment

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First time tutorial poster on MUT, the tutorial was done for another makeup forum, i always forgot to repost it on here, finally i recalled today, not a pro in explaining, but lots of pictures might help, feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, ENJOY!

Tools:

#1. Claire's 21 e/s palette or other drugstore brand single eyeshadow pans, eg. Wet n Wild, Milani

#2. knife

#3. spatulas

#4. push pin

#5. 3" c-clamp (at hardware store or biglots for $2.99)

#6. empty Vasine bottle (i saved mine after it was empty)

#7. 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol

#8. wet wiper or kitchen towel

#9. denim fabric

#10. 2 quarters

#11. pigment

#12. fan brush (the brush is for dusting & swiping away excessive pigment, the tip works as stirrer, i bought mine at local craft store for $2.99)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Part I: DEPANNING

Step 1. Stratch off eyeshadow with knife

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Step 2. Dig out the pan using push pin, the glue used is some kind of cheapo glue, which you can effortlessly take off the pan.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Step 3. Clean the pan with wet wiper.

11.jpg

Part II: MIXING PIGMENT

Step 4. Transfers rubbing alcohol to empty vasine bottle.

12.jpg

Step 5. With cleaned pan, fills the desired amount of pigments to the pan with spatula.

13.jpg

Step 6. You may starts filling the pan with 3/4 full of pigment but not fills up the pan with pigment, add more gradually after alcohol is mixed, this is to prevent overflown of the pigment while stirring. Add about 10-15 drops of rubbing alcohol using vasine bottle, only adds enough alcohol to let the pigment soaked in the alcohol.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Step 7. Stirs the alcohol & pigment mixture with the tip of the fan brush, mix them thoroughly!

19.jpg

Step 8. Set a side and let it dry for few hours

21.jpg

**TIP**

If you are using the whole amount of pigment in the sample jar,

to prevent the wastage of pigment, try to drip few drops of alcohol in the sample jar, mix them through and

pours the mixture to the pan instead of throw the jar away, sometime there have

a decent amount of residue inside the jar that are enough for few application.

Part III: PRESSING PIGMET

22.jpg

Step 9. Using c-clamp method, place 1 quater on the top of denim and insert them to the surface of the pan, then 2nd quarter at the bottom of the pan, starts pressing it for at least 5 minutes

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Step 10. Loosen the c-clamp, take off the pan from c-clamp, attached label & magnet at the back of the pan, and your pressed pigment is done!

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Like how i press the pigments? I will custom press for you, clicks here to find out!

Wow, this is a great tutorial! I'm definitely going to try this, thanks for posting!

That was really cool, i never even knew such a thing could even be done. I'm still looking at the screen in amazment. I learn SO MUCH from this site!

Latest posts

Back