Bismuth or No Bismuth

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea i used to use BE nad it made my face all red...now that i have started using everyday minirals...my face is no longer red!

Have not tried any MMU that has Bismuth, so can't tell. But just by some people's reaction to it, I think it's better for me not to try it at all since I'm prone to acne.

No Bismuth oxychloride (BiOCl) for me either.

It is a well-known skin irritant that causes itch, rash and even cystic acne if present in large amounts. Also, because it is highly refractive and iridescent, hence its use as a pearlizing agent, it gives my face an overly shimmery look. Finally, BiOCl is difficult to apply as it tends to slide off the face due to the fact that elemental bismuth is a heavy metal, so it needs to be forced into the pores using the buffing technique for it to adhere to the skin. That leads to even further skin irritation and clogged pores.

Need I say more?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by sat-chit-ananda /img/forum/go_quote.gif No Bismuth oxychloride (BiOCl) for me either.
It is a well-known skin irritant that causes itch, rash and even cystic acne if present in large amounts. Also, because it is highly refractive and iridescent, hence its use as a pearlizing agent, it gives my face an overly shimmery look. Finally, BiOCl is difficult to apply as it tends to slide off the face due to the fact that elemental bismuth is a heavy metal, so it needs to be forced into the pores using the buffing technique for it to adhere to the skin. That leads to even further skin irritation and clogged pores.

Need I say more?
smile.gif

I believe that sums it up perfectly, sat-chit-ananda!!
Luckily I found MuT! I learned of the Bismuth horrors from some girls that already went through it. I thank them immensely.
flowers.gif
I would never try any product with Bismuth. I just know I would be one of the girls with itchy skin and breakouts. My skin doesn't like alot of things.

Good thing there are plenty of internet brands that don't have Bismuth in them.

okej i found on la bella donna site a mineral makeup site that says this... are they lying?

"Bismuth Oxychloride - anti-inflammatory properties"

I ise BE and it doesn't make me itch so far. no skin reactions, and my skin looks nice in pictures
smile.gif

i use BE and EDM and the BE's NEVER given me any problems. The only thing is that it costs much more than online brands, and EDM just happens to not have BiOCl. Both have been great for me!

Latest posts

Back