Anyone Dislike MEOW Minerals????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone NOT happy with Meow Minerals? Without "bashing" them - because I'm not looking to start a bruhaha. I was in fact considering trying them, but hesitated because I apparently just missed a 25% off sale and can't see dropping over $60.00 without applying that sale coupon. It just goes against my "Coupon Queen" nature! In fact I feel my neck hair bristling just at the thought of it
rotfl.gif

I did read where someone said that they "itched" from it (though it doesn't contain any Bismuth in it) and someone else said that they experienced a LOT of rub off from it.

Anyone else not happy with them? I have oily/combo skin and prefer a more matte finish. I am thrilled with Oceanmist and won't stop ordering from them but want to try Meow because I heard some good things about them - plus I like the large sizes that they offer their product in and like the colors too. It feeds my buying in bulk needs!
vogel.gif
vogel.gif

Thanks for all of your input, and have a great day!

CooCoo
sheep.gif

Aubrey Nicole's foundation is great. It's my HG. I have very oily skin and my combination of their products helps control my oil well. AN just put a 3 ounce foundation ($26.95) on their site. They have two specials right now. They have a coupon code for 15% off any order (code - WOW) and 20% off Starter Kits (code - SUMMER).

Check out the link below on the AN products I use.

Link >>>>> My MMU HGs

I have tried MEOW. I found a match right away. The coverage was good. I can't remember about the lasting power. I can't remember why I didn't choose it as an HG either.

I just got my first Meow samples yesterday, so I'm still deciding, really. So far, I LOVE the foundation and finishing powder (now I just have to try the primer and find the right color). I'm not sure about the concealer yet. The Feliner worked great when I used it with some Visine as a sealant. I'm not impressed with the eye shadows AT ALL! They're gorgeous until you put them on. They just got really muddy and dull on me. I'm going home at lunch, and I will remove what I did this morning and apply the e/s wet to see if that makes any different. Here's hoping! I wasn't really all that impressed with the blush, either. It seemed to take a lot to get any color on my face. But that could just be me.

I'm fairly certain Meow will be my HG foundation once I find a color match. (That is until I get samples from another company I haven't tried yet which will probably be awhile! LOL) I definitely like the look and feel of it better than any of the others I've used. BUT, time will tell, too.

Originally Posted by entipy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just got my first Meow samples yesterday, so I'm still deciding, really. So far, I LOVE the foundation and finishing powder (now I just have to try the primer and find the right color). I'm not sure about the concealer yet. The Feliner worked great when I used it with some Visine as a sealant. I'm not impressed with the eye shadows AT ALL! They're gorgeous until you put them on. They just got really muddy and dull on me. I'm going home at lunch, and I will remove what I did this morning and apply the e/s wet to see if that makes any different. Here's hoping! I wasn't really all that impressed with the blush, either. It seemed to take a lot to get any color on my face. But that could just be me.
I'm fairly certain Meow will be my HG foundation once I find a color match. (That is until I get samples from another company I haven't tried yet which will probably be awhile! LOL) I definitely like the look and feel of it better than any of the others I've used. BUT, time will tell, too.

Aww, sorry you weren't impressed with the eyeshadows! I think applying them wet will make the colours come out some more so they aren't so "dull". That's good news about the foundation, though
smile.gif
I can't wait for my Meow samples.

Not too crazy about meow foundation, but the feliner is terrific.

I only tried the FF formulation and find it too opaque. It is likely that I didn't find the correct color, but there are too many choices and find it a little daunting to continue the search.

I love Meow foundation. But I still haven't tried too many different mmu brands yet. I definately love it more than BE and any drugstore brand.

And by the way. Thank you so much for saying bruhaha, it made my morning just a little brighter, lol.

I like their eyeshadow. I have tried the vandaleyes colors. I have tried applying them dry but they do not look as good. They come out paler and slightly muddy. I like foiling them and then they look all glossy, brighter, and gorgeous.

I too was not real impressed with their blushes... the eyeshadows weren't bad, but I prefer Aromaleigh's variety & descriptions. For foundation though, I didn't have any problems. I especially love the big size - I know it's a lot of money at once, but when you realize how cheap it is per ounce compared to other brands (i.e. theirs is under $1/oz., BE is over $2/oz.!), the value is great!

However, now that you mention it, I do recall there being a lot of rub-off... but that was w/out setting it w/ a spray... Also, I'm sure there are more luxurious formulas out there, and I only tried their basic formula, as my skin is fairly normal. I may be tempted to swap my big jar to try one of the more luxurious brands, lol. My inner princess is beggin me!
biggrin.gif

I must say one more thing though, I think Meow has one of the best descriptions for finding your perfect color match, they make it very user-friendly!

Originally Posted by rejectstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Aww, sorry you weren't impressed with the eyeshadows! I think applying them wet will make the colours come out some more so they aren't so "dull". That's good news about the foundation, though
smile.gif
I can't wait for my Meow samples. Originally Posted by shoppingjunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like their eyeshadow. I have tried the vandaleyes colors. I have tried applying them dry but they do not look as good. They come out paler and slightly muddy. I like foiling them and then they look all glossy, brighter, and gorgeous. Ahhh! That's what I was thinking, too. I guess the secret is foiling them.
smile.gif
"paler and slightly muddy" is a great way to put it. That's exactly how I felt about them!

Originally Posted by tigrisjasmine /img/forum/go_quote.gif I must say one more thing though, I think Meow has one of the best descriptions for finding your perfect color match, they make it very user-friendly! Yes, I agree. It seems really daunting at first, as mauwong put it, but there is so much variety, I feel sure I will be able to find ONE which will work perfectly for me. Whereas with other brands, I would probably have to mix at least two to get my "perfect" shade.

Meow seems to have sales quite often, usually around holidays. My guess would be that there will be a 4th of July sale, remember, only my guess. You may want to order samples beforehand in case you do like the foundation, that way, you could take advantage of the next sale. As you read this forum, you will find that we all like/love different products. We all have different skin types/tones and different needs. I've sampled about 9 different products. Meow was my best match. I really liked Oceanmist, Monave and littlestuff4u, but the shades weren't quite right. I've had no reactions to any brand, even BE. Your skin may react differently. I would strongly suggest that you purchase a few samples instead of full size foundation.

I was a BE user before I started sampling. Meow was the first new brand I tried. I first ordered samples in flawless feline, but I didn't find a match, and I didn't like how heavy it was. I'm currently waiting for samples in pampered puss. I've since discovered that I have yellow undertones so hopefully this new batch of samples will have a match for me =)

I got some meow samples Ill let u know what i think of them

But omg Taylor made minerals thanks to April (MOD) suggested them to me I'm glad they eye colors are so bright and not muddy

The only negative opinion I have of Meow is the shipping cost for small sizes, logically it's a better value to purchase full sizes since the shipping is flat rate.

I spontaneously purchased a full size of the flawless feline in consideration of all of the positive reviews and after Monave failed to acknowledge my question about reordering. I have tried Aromaleigh, EDM, Monave, BE, Premium Minerals and Lumiere and it is my experience that no other brand compares to the way it melds into the skin naturally, the coverage with the creaminess of the formula, wear and staying power than meow. I just purchased the original formula for summer in the new manx shade for $16.95, I do not see the price as unreasonable considering that I used to pay equal or double for the other brands mentioned for a third of the size. The true test came when I was out of town and only had my Monave MMU in my makeup bag, I used it to touch up and could not believe the chalky look and drying formula. I didn't have to think twice about tossing it.

i didnt like them. they gave me so much flaking. everyone said i got the worst formula but honestly it turned me off from trying any other ones, and im fine with that. i love lumiere and i will not buy any other kind as it works perfect for me.

Katnahat - Thanks so much for your reminder and coupon deals! I have Aubrey Nicole makeup and love it! I used the offer and purchased 2 kits! I bought the Custom Multi-Use Powder Kit which is a terrific deal - you can pick 10 colors and "upgrade" to the 10mg size. With the "SUMMER" coupon it came to $40.50!!!! I also bought the Ultimate Starter Kit - and upgraded the foundation size to the 3 ounce size for an additional $14.00. That whole kit came to $63.95. Thanks! As I said, I have the foundation in "soft" coverage, and I have to say it covers very well, no color change, doesn't itch, and I don't need any touch ups during the day. This time I purchased the "full" coverage.

Kaylin - I love the word "bruhaha" as well! Another word which cracks me up is "lollygagging." When I asked my husband to please "stop lollygagging" he said, "what's that???" I told him it's the same thing as "dillydally(ing)" - just stop "moping!!!!" He said that he liked the word "lollygagging" but HATES the word "dillydallying." Good thing we "found" each other!
laughing.gif

Stashblaster - Those were great points and good suggestions. I thought the same, that they'd be running another sale soon for the next "holiday" - July 4th. Also, the idea of ordering some samples first, so that you can see how it works for YOU is a great suggestion. Everyone has a different chemistry and reaction to mineral makeup. However, I think I have enough for now since I just purchased another ton of makeup. It should at least hold me over until EDM comes out with their new foundation formula! I read on another thread on this site that they should be coming out with it sometime in July. I have a bunch of the original formula which I like a lot. I have BOXES of it hidden away in the closet - like a madwoman - (only you guys could understand
add_wegbrech.gif
). I could powder the world!

Also, I'm intruged - what is "foiling?"
kopfkratz.gif
Someone mentioned that technique above as a way to keep your eyemakeup from turning into mud????

And, thanks everyone, for all of your comments and help - it was very, very informative and helpful.

CooCoo
ura.gif

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif i love lumiere and i will not buy any other kind as it works perfect for me. I just ordered some Lumiere samples today!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by coocoo4coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif Also, I'm intruged - what is "foiling?"
kopfkratz.gif
Someone mentioned that technique above as a way to keep your eyemakeup from turning into mud????
Foiling is the technique of applying shadows wet.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by coocoo4coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif Katnahat - Thanks so much for your reminder and coupon deals! I have Aubrey Nicole makeup and love it! I used the offer and purchased 2 kits! I bought the Custom Multi-Use Powder Kit which is a terrific deal - you can pick 10 colors and "upgrade" to the 10mg size. With the "SUMMER" coupon it came to $40.50!!!! I also bought the Ultimate Starter Kit - and upgraded the foundation size to the 3 ounce size for an additional $14.00. That whole kit came to $63.95. Thanks! As I said, I have the foundation in "soft" coverage, and I have to say it covers very well, no color change, doesn't itch, and I don't need any touch ups during the day. This time I purchased the "full" coverage.
CooCoo
ura.gif

Cool!
rockwoot.gif

I'm glad you were able to get a great deal. It sounds like you got some awesome products!! I really love Aubrey Nicole. The oil control and color match just turned out perfect for me. I just wish I had not purchased my full sizes PRIOR to the listing of the new 3 oz. jar. Oh well, that's how it goes!
rotfl.gif

Enjoy your fabulous haul!

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif i didnt like them. they gave me so much flaking. everyone said i got the worst formula but honestly it turned me off from trying any other ones, and im fine with that. i love lumiere and i will not buy any other kind as it works perfect for me. Which formula was it that you tried?? I'm waiting on samples of the Pampered and Flawless.

Back