Some people just shouldn't drive...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Every day driving too and from work I see people driving and I just wish I had the power to take away their licences. There are some people who are just dangerous, and others who are rude. I thought it would be fun to share our pet peeves about other drivers, and share some stories about people who really shouldn't be in the drivers seat of a car.

For instance today I was driving home and shortly before the northbound offramp the person to my left started signalling to come into my lane. I knew that they probably wanted to get on the offramp so I slowed down a fair bit since no one was behind me to let them in front. Instead of a wave, the person flipped me off before getting on the off ramp!

A few of my pet peeves...

-people who don't understand the difference between yielding and merging (or stopping and yielding)

-people who park too close to intersections (I hate it when I can't see out to see if cars are coming)

-when people don't signal and/or don't shoulder check

-I just simply can't stand it when people don't get up to speed before merging onto the highway.

I'm sure you guys have some good pet peeves as well, and I'm sure there are some interesting stories about stupid drivers.

I haven't had a car for 5+ years - I take the bus. But I pay attention to other drivers.

My pet peeves:

Driving too fast.

Zig zagging in and out of traffic - without signaling.

Not heeding to pedestrians - What, you mean I'm suppose to stop when the pedestrian has the right of way?!

Since I tend to walk quite a bit, I absolutely hate it when a cyclist rides on the sidewalk - and they don't move over to the shoulder to pass the pedestrian.

No one ever told them they are suppose to ride on the road DUH!

I can understand the cyclist not being comfortable riding on a busy 4 lane, but in a quiet subdivision, please! GET ON THE ROAD! Thanks for letting me vent.

Definately gets on my nerves when people don't look over their shoulder to see if anyone is in their blindspot before changing lanes. ESPECIALLY semi trucks. There is nothing scarier than trying to pass a semi b/c they make you nervous anyway and then they suddenly start coming over into your lane and swerve back over really fast once they realize you're there.

I hate when I'm in a median trying to turn around and there's another car pulled up too far and I can't see if cars are coming.

When people don't realize you can turn right on a red light if it's clear...so they sit there untill it turns green.

Tailgaters, especially on the interstate.

When people wait too long to get over when 2 lanes are merging.

Ugh California has some of the WORST drivers and we have crazy traffic out here. I have the same pet peeves as you and more, but I know I drive like a b**ch sometimes so I can't complain too much. I know you're supposed to drive defensively, but dang, some people are just dumb and you HAVE to drive offensively.

Mine main pet peeve is - Anyone talking on a cell phone and driving..... Hate that....

Karren

People who don't YEILD! Ooo... biggest pet peeve.

It's basically a stop and go sign.

There's one near my house and theyre suppose to let uncoming car go first - but those *******s start speeding and are side to side next to you and forces YOU to hit the brakes, even if you had the right. Sometimes I tailgate and cut them off and slow down on brakes to piss them off. Ha.

...I don't like when theyre on the phone because they either start swerving or going slower than ought to be.

Tailgaters - even when you're going at least 10 mph more than posted on the speed limit.

People who don't signal or turn into a street real fast and forces you to break.

LOUD music. Stop trying to look cool. Your music choice sucks ass. Just... stop. I like loud music too, but your car overpowers my volumes - with my windows up, you're just being ridiculous. My friend does it - I hate the vibration and I feel retarded driving with her and her Mac Dre blasting some wack ass song. Uggh.

Quote:
There is nothing scarier than trying to pass a semi b/c they make you nervous anyway and then they suddenly start coming over into your lane and swerve back over really fast once they realize you're there I've never had issues with semis, but I had a bad issue with a garbage truck. I was driving to work at about 6:30 am and a garbage truck almost ran me off the road. He started coming into my lane and I honked, and then he kept coming! I was closer to the front of him so I kept one hand on the horn while accelerating. It was really close, by the time I made it I was almost completely in the shoulder.

Originally Posted by krazykid90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never had issues with semis, but I had a bad issue with a garbage truck. I was driving to work at about 6:30 am and a garbage truck almost ran me off the road. He started coming into my lane and I honked, and then he kept coming! I was closer to the front of him so I kept one hand on the horn while accelerating. It was really close, by the time I made it I was almost completely in the shoulder. Scary!!

My Pet Peeve is when drivers speed to get in front of you and then drive 5 mph. Grrr!! Then I have to drive around them and continue at my previous speed. However, I don't give dirty looks as I'm passing them anymore because you never know who has a gun. People in California are nuttier than a squirl turd!

i hate people who get in the carpool lane and drive slower than the people who are in the regular lanes!!!

this drives me crazy.

and people on cell phones while driving... i find that annoying as well.

i so so so agree!

stupid/rude drivers are my pet peeve (makes me feel guilty though, since in big cities my dad cant drive worth the life of him).

can stand when people think they own the streets and chit chat with their friends in their cars and they ae blocking people back of them.

- People who only see their cars as a means to get to point A to point B. (driving is a priviledge, not a right, know what a car is)

- People who drive slow on the passing lane.

- People who make a right on red when a car is comming, I dont care if youre turning on the lane next to the on comming car - if youre gonna pull a stunt like that... learn to turn tighter. RIGHT TURN ON RED SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

- People who cant make up their mind or hesitate

- People who signal and then cant make up their mind.

- People who dont signal

- People who signal 1 second before they switch lanes

- Tailgaters - I WILL BREAK CHECK YOU THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY MY NEW BUMPER

- People who are still driving but shouldnt anymore. I believe that the behind the wheel driving exam should be mandatorily done every few years. Just because you passed it when you were 16 doesnt mean you can still drive today.

- People who dont give courtesy waves

- ETC ETC ETC.

In my neighborhood there is a railroad track which runs parallel in between two roads. There are also roads that run perpendicular to the railroad tracks. Well, when you go to cross the railroad tracks you are suppossed to yield.

You would not believe how may accidents i have almost had because these dumbasses cant read the friggen yield sign.

Quote:
people who break and gas and break and gas. omg I hate that too! It drives me nuts! It irritates me when people think they're driving fast so they get on the fast lane.. and they're driving the same speed as the slowest lane.. I really don't like that. And then they give me a dirty look when I cut in front of them and I'm just thinking.. "dude, get outta the fast lane! You're slow!"

I dont drive but as a passenger i hate

Transport trucks who invade your personal car space, people who weave in and out of traffic, SLOW drivers, and people on cellphones! oh yah AND old people who drive but should be driving. like little old ladies who can't even see over the steering wheel.

Originally Posted by xIxSkyDancerxIx /img/forum/go_quote.gif omg I hate that too! It drives me nuts! It irritates me when people think they're driving fast so they get on the fast lane.. and they're driving the same speed as the slowest lane.. I really don't like that. And then they give me a dirty look when I cut in front of them and I'm just thinking.. "dude, get outta the fast lane! You're slow!" Lol when my bf began driving he would get in the fast lane and go slow, it bugged me so much I would tell him to move over because I hate when people do that to me.
I agree brewgirl, the carpool lane is made to go AROUND traffic, not cause it lol.

Quote:
People who make a right on red when a car is comming, I dont care if youre turning on the lane next to the on comming car - if youre gonna pull a stunt like that... learn to turn tighter. RIGHT TURN ON RED SHOULD BE ILLEGAL I know what you mean, but I don't think it should be illegal. When I'm turning right on a red I always make sure that I will not be getting in anyones way. I always think 'if that person in the farther lane were to change into the lane I'm pulling into, would I be in his way?' If the answer is yes, then I wait. Yes, I have seen accidents where some one is turning right at a red light and then the person who was in the left lane changes into the right lane and barely stops in time to prevent hitting that car.
I really hate it when I'm waiting at a red light for the oncoming traffic to get clear and there is some one behind me who can't see that there is traffic coming and then honk at me! Any time anyone honks at me when I'm turning right on a red I always wait longer to turn right then I really need to. They are insulting my intelligence by saying that I don't know I can turn right at a red, and they can't see what the cars that I can see, so I'm just going to play stupid and make them a few seconds late.

I also hate it when there is a two or three lane highway and everyone insists on driving in the lane everyone has to merge into. Unless you're getting off at the next exit and need to be in that lane to get your exit, stay out of it! It's dangerous for you and for the people trying to merge on.

Back