So...I think...I think I need help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I stopped wearing makeup...ALL types of makeup...because my skin was pretty bad..then all of a sudden it got really good..its not perfect yet...but hey! show me who has a naturally flawless face and I will pour acid on them..Kidding..Maybe. Anyways, Most of you are very good with the natural stuff. I am trying very much to avoid too much face makeup because i like moisturizing during the day...My bf pretty much loves me sans makeup but hey! he cant always get what he wants. Anyways..I attached a few pictures I took today..Like I said, my skin isnt perfect yet and still blemished but I didnt retouch the photos so you ladies can honestly recommend stuff for me. Or something to "sex" up my..face?...yeah?

Attachment 34213

Attachment 34214

Attachment 34215

Attachment 34216

This is me wearing eye makeup..Its goldish..and I took the picture near a lamp to "mystify" it. thats as much as my makeup goes.

Attachment 34217

Attachment 34218

Grace, you look wonderful without makeup! What are you talking about?! I wish I could go sans makeup!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Grace, you look wonderful without makeup! What are you talking about?! I wish I could go sans makeup! my thoughts exactly!!

You are really pretty. I would keep it simple like you already doing. Since you do not need the foundation. If you want to kick it up add a little shadow or liner and some mascara and some gloss and you are out the door. Lucky girl.

Honey, your skin looks fabulous! What have you been using? I would say get yourself a fierce black mascara. I like Chanel Inimitable a lot. It lengthens, it thickens, separates, it does it all and the black is really black. Try MAC Chestnut liner and a little gloss. Maybe a bit of bronzer on the cheeks. Try Iman's sheer bronzer, it's really nice.

Originally Posted by PopModePrincess /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honey, your skin looks fabulous! What have you been using? I would say get yourself a fierce black mascara. I like Chanel Inimitable a lot. It lengthens, it thickens, separates, it does it all and the black is really black. Try MAC Chestnut liner and a little gloss. Maybe a bit of bronzer on the cheeks. Try Iman's sheer bronzer, it's really nice. Well right now my skincare routine is :
Wash face with soap or Equate apricot scrub (medicated)

Tone with rose water or orange blossom water

Moisturizer with cream..or Queen Helen Mango and Cocoa Butter Creme...

Spritz face with Orange blossom and Rosewater Mixture to "set" the moisturizer.

Then during the day I moisturize continiously and I have a mixture of Rose water and orange blossom water that I spray on my face to help rehydrate.

sweetie keep up whatever it is you are doing! if you feel you must wear something, id only recommend mascara.

You dont need makeup.
wink.gif

I think your skin is lovely and you definitely don't need to be wearing foundation! If you want to do a little makeup but still keep it natural, I'd say curl your lashes and use some black mascara. And on your cheeks, maybe some bronzer or a glow/highlighter, or a combo of both
smile.gif
Maybe some loose powder to keep shine down, but I don't even think you'd need that.

Originally Posted by Ohappydaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif
Your skin is so beautiful!!! I agree with everyone else, if you simply have to wear something I'd say mascara and lip gloss/stick. I would not suggest foundation, show off that beautiful skin of yours!! Oh my goodness, I pray for my skin to look that good. OK, now I'm jealous!
rotfl.gif
Only kidding, I am supremely happy for you and excited about the day that my skin will look so gorgeous!
I'm stealing your skincare regimen!
rotfl.gif
Did you have scaring or just breakouts (not to minimalize, because we all know "just" breakouts are horrible too)? If you had scarring and this regimen made your skin look like THIS, oh my! I am sooo on this! Way to go!

Scarring and horrible horrible breakouts. It got to the point where i didnt even want to take pictures because it only accentuated my skin. Rosewater is highly underrated.

You're soooo lucky to have such great skin! You don't need makeup but if you want something to "sex up your face,"
wink.gif
blush is amazingg for that. It just brightens up your whole face!

I think a coral cream blush and maybe a highlighter wouold be pretty. Some glossy gloss and mascara. Other than that you're gorgeous!! No foundation!

Originally Posted by Bexy /img/forum/go_quote.gif You are really pretty. I would keep it simple like you already doing. Since you do not need the foundation. If you want to kick it up add a little shadow or liner and some mascara and some gloss and you are out the door. Lucky girl. Originally Posted by PopModePrincess /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honey, your skin looks fabulous! What have you been using? I would say get yourself a fierce black mascara. My sentiments exactly. Congrats on your amazing skin!!! That is so awesome - you look so beautiful! But yes, if you want to "sex" it up, I'd go with the eyes and a light gloss. Not so sure about blush as your cheeks already have a gorgeous glow! I think that's the most beautiful part of your skin, and you should just let it shine for itself.

I'm totally agreeing with the person who suggested curling your eyelashes. You could even do that and only put a tiny lick of mascara on. Then maybe a moisturising lip colour, or even just something like Vaseline. Also, things like combing your eyebrows into shape might make you feel more groomed but using no products would let your skin be happy
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Catski /img/forum/go_quote.gif Then maybe a moisturising lip colour, or even just something like Vaseline. Vaseline is actually amazing! It actually works great as a lip plumper too... no kidding. Check it out on this YouTube video w/ Eve Pearl... all about different home remedies; some of them rather funny! (Pepto bismol, vodka, crisco... LOL.) I posted this link in the skin care forum too.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well right now my skincare routine is :
Wash face with soap or Equate apricot scrub (medicated)

Tone with rose water or orange blossom water

Moisturizer with cream..or Queen Helen Mango and Cocoa Butter Creme...

Spritz face with Orange blossom and Rosewater Mixture to "set" the moisturizer.

Then during the day I moisturize continiously and I have a mixture of Rose water and orange blossom water that I spray on my face to help rehydrate.

Oooh, rose water and orange blossom sound nice!

Back