Aubrey nicole sample

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i want to ask whatthe net weight of the foundation sample is.

i see they have the "5.50 for 4 foundation sample" kit so i wonder how much they give in each sample.

It is a 5g jar with sifter almost totally filled. I don't know what that translates to in grams. I know a 5g jar doesn't hold 5g of product. I THINK it holds 2g, but again, I'm not sure.

THX~
smile.gif
i think i m gonna order full size then !the full size is 0.1lb which is 45.3 g right ?? or is the net weight plus jar weight = to 0.1lb?

Originally Posted by Savvy_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif THX~
smile.gif
i think i m gonna order full size then !the full size is 0.1lb which is 45.3 g right ?? or is the net weight plus jar weight = to 0.1lb? Here is what the website says about the foundation sizes:
Foundations and Finishing Powders are sold in 30 gram jars. 30 gram jars hold between 8 and 13 grams of product depending on the consistency of the powders.

3 OUNCE Foundation Jar! We LOVE this sturdy, deep sifter jar. Holds over 1/4 CUP of Foundation - THREE times as much as our 30 Gram Jar at a GREAT PRICE! Oversized lid is PERFECT for swirling your Kabuki or Flat Top Brush! Choose 30 Gram or 3 Ounce Jar when ordering your foundation.

oh so if they have 2 g in 5 g jar and only 8 g in 30 g jar then i soul djust order the 4 sample kit with the same shade only coz it will give me 8 g too and its only 5.5 dollars!!! i can buy double and only have to pay 11 even if the both add up together got 8 g . i would still pay less and get about the same product ???

I think a 5g jars holds between 1 and 1.5 grams. I have the full size jars and my foundation label reads 9.9g net wt, and my finishing powder is 11.1g net wt. The 3oz jar holds 3 times as much...it's really big! AN fills their jars completely full. I've been very happy with this brand after trying so many others.

oh but i m not sure if i get the right one

like the shade i m going to pick the fair light cool but i m asian . i m kinda pale

i should show u my pic !i m even lighter in person the pic after scanned makes me yellow:S

How's Aubrey Nicole like? It is drying? How's the staying power? Would it stand up to heat? (it's really hot where I am)

i wouldnt sugguest buying a full size of any brand before youve tried it. scary!

really? the colour looks like the one i m using. but of coz the colour might look different in real life.. mmm i just want it really bad if i order sample now it takes a month to come to me and then another mnth for the full size..
frown.gif
i just cant wait !!

As MindySue said, I too suggest not buying full sizes until you sample and confirm your correct shade. Every company is different and you will not know it works until you actually put it on. You also need to try a few different levels of a shade family. You should gauge the oxidation level of each shade. Sometimes you have to get a lighter shade because alot of MMU will darken on the face after it is on a few minutes and mixes with the oils in your skin.

I would suggest you try the foundation 4-pack sample kit. Pick out colors you think will work for you and see if you get a match.

Check out my post on choosing MMU samples. These are just suggestions but they did help me with my sampling.

LINK >>>>>> Coosing MMU Samples

I've tried Lumiere, Meow, Jenulence so far. And Aubrey Nicole's samples are really great deals!

I'm a little confused about going 'up' and 'down' a shade, If I'm a Medium Golden (lumiere), going up means a shade lighter right? That would be Light Med Golden.

Going 'down' means I'll have to get Medium Deep Golden. Right?

Because everyone keeps saying that Lumiere's Luminesse was very dark, so it was recommended to go 'up' a shade. Yet, my sample was really light!

But you mentioned to go 'down' a shade,,so which is which?

"Please note Lumiere in FF and VV run very light. Go up a shade, from what you think you would wear, with Lumiere FF or VV. I wear Light Neutral in Aubrey Nicole and Medium Neutral in Lumiere. This gives you an idea of how much lighter Lumiere runs.

If you try Lumiere Luminesse take note that is runs very dark. Go DOWN a shade in Luminesse. "

So, did I go wrong somewhere? Sorry if this sounds a little silly, but I just got totally confused.
smile.gif

up means darker down means lighter i guess

does full coverage means heavy coverage ? coz i want it to be natural, i dun want ppl to see me actually made up

Originally Posted by suew /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've tried Lumiere, Meow, Jenulence so far. And Aubrey Nicole's samples are really great deals!
I'm a little confused about going 'up' and 'down' a shade, If I'm a Medium Golden (lumiere), going up means a shade lighter right? That would be Light Med Golden.

Going 'down' mean I'll have to get Medium Deep Golden. Right?

Because everyone keeps saying that Lumiere's Luminesse was very dark, so it was recommended to go 'up' a shade. Yet, my sample was really light!

But you mentioned to go 'down' a shade,,so which is which?

"Please note Lumiere in FF and VV run very light. Go up a shade, from what you think you would wear, with Lumiere FF or VV. I wear Light Neutral in Aubrey Nicole and Medium Neutral in Lumiere. This gives you an idea of how much lighter Lumiere runs.

If you try Lumiere Luminesse take note that is runs very dark. Go DOWN a shade in Luminesse. "

So, did I go wrong somewhere? Sorry if this sounds a little silly, but I just got totally confused.
smile.gif

If you are Medium Golden in Lumiere FF or VV you should sample Fairest Light and Light Golden from Aubrey Nicole. Lumiere FF and VV run LIGHT. This means that MEDIUM in Lumiere FF or VV equals LIGHT in AN, relatively speaking. On average the "Light" shades "carry over" from company to company. With Lumiere, they are TOTALLY different. The MEDIUM in AN would most likely be WAY too dark for you.
As you saw in my post I wear Light Neutral in AN, but wear Medium Neutral in Lumiere FF. I had to go DARKER with Lumiere FF because their shades are LIGHTER than every other company. I wear Light Neutral in every company I tried, except for Lumiere FF.

If you wear Lumiere Luminesse do the OPPOSITE. Luminesse runs DARKER. For example, if you wear Medium Golden FF then you would sample Fairly Light and Light Golden in Luminesse.

To sum everything up I would sample Fairest Light and Light Golden from AN. Use your last two picks to check out another "shade family" (maybe try a neutral) or pick the Medium Golden and another that "looks" good, just to see if you match (you get 4 picks so you have to fill the other two spots
rotfl.gif
). If you are Golden in Lumiere you most likely well be Golden in Aubrey Nicole.

NOTE: I only wear Neutrals so I have not used any Goldens. My suggestions are based on my shade conversion experience through sampling.

I hope this makes sense and it answers your questions. I may have started rambling too much!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Savvy_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif up means darker down means lighter i guess
does full coverage means heavy coverage ? coz i want it to be natural, i dun want ppl to see me actually made up

Soft coverage is a more delicate coverage. It is more for girls who want a more sheer finish. The full coverage gives a more complete coverage. Both types are buildable so it's not cakey or heavy. With the soft coverage you have to use more layers to build up to a "full" coverage. I wear the full coverage. I can get the coverage I want with one layer. I use a pea sized amount. I mean that literally too. I would think if I could ball up my amount I shake out it would mound up to the size of a pea.
Hope this helps!

Quote:
If you are Medium Golden in Lumiere FF or VV you should sample Fairest Light and Light Golden from Aubrey Nicole. Lumiere FF and VV run LIGHT. This means that MEDIUM in Lumiere FF or VV equals LIGHT in AN, relatively speaking. On average the "Light" shades "carry over" from company to company. With Lumiere, they are TOTALLY different. The MEDIUM in AN would most likely be WAY too dark for you.
As you saw in my post I wear Light Neutral in AN, but wear Medium Neutral in Lumiere FF. I had to go DARKER with Lumiere FF because their shades are LIGHTER than every other company. I wear Light Neutral in every company I tried, except for Lumiere FF.

If you wear Lumiere Luminesse do the OPPOSITE. Luminesse runs DARKER. For example, if you wear Medium Golden FF then you would sample Fairly Light and Light Golden in Luminesse.

To sum everything up I would sample Fairest Light and Light Golden from AN. Use your last two picks to check out another "shade family" (maybe try a neutral) or pick the Medium Golden and another that "looks" good, just to see if you match (you get 4 picks so you have to fill the other two spots
rotfl.gif
). If you are Golden in Lumiere you most likely well be Golden in Aubrey Nicole.

NOTE: I only wear Neutrals so I have not used any Goldens. My suggestions are based on my shade conversion experience through sampling.

I hope this makes sense and it answers your questions. I may have started rambling too much!
laughing.gif

Wow, thanks for explaining everything in detail for me!
smile.gif
Hmm, Fairest Light may be too light for me, so I think I'd try the Light Golden. And for the tip on Luminesse as well!
smile.gif

SueW

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif Here is what the website says about the foundation sizes:
Foundations and Finishing Powders are sold in 30 gram jars. 30 gram jars hold between 8 and 13 grams of product depending on the consistency of the powders.

3 OUNCE Foundation Jar! We LOVE this sturdy, deep sifter jar. Holds over 1/4 CUP of Foundation - THREE times as much as our 30 Gram Jar at a GREAT PRICE! Oversized lid is PERFECT for swirling your Kabuki or Flat Top Brush! Choose 30 Gram or 3 Ounce Jar when ordering your foundation.

Thanks for that very helpful information=)

Originally Posted by Savvy_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh but i m not sure if i get the right onelike the shade i m going to pick the fair light cool but i m asian . i m kinda pale

i should show u my pic !i m even lighter in person the pic after scanned makes me yellow:S

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4483/0010kl6.th.jpg

Wow, you've got such lovely skin! I'd go without foundation if I had skin like yours!
rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by sat-chit-ananda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow, you've got such lovely skin! I'd go without foundation if I had skin like yours!
rotfl.gif
haha thx @ but it was last year. right now i dun have that good skin. i got 1 scar on each side of my cheek like blood red and didnt fade away yet. it will in time i hope i m just using mineral foundation to fill the redness and its doing a good job
smile.gif
getting a small breakout too. i dunno why i always get small red allergies even if i didnt eat drink do anything. some ppl said it was herpes and i was like NO WAY I DUN HAVE STDS!

Back