The salmon facelift diet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Perricone diet (eating salmon for 3 days) before? If yes, did it really work?

Apparently if you follow this diet, you should see reduces sags and blemishes, fewer lines and reduced redness. You also need to avoid high GI foods.

Although it seems good, I reckon that you will be sick, never mind bored eating salmon for 3 days.

My step-mom did it and she loved it. I read the book and agree with some of his philosophies on skincare and diet. I did also invest in a good alpha lipoic acid moisturizer. ......

But I can't stand fish, so no salmon for me. I am sure there are tons of ways to prepare it though so you wouldn't get bored.

Eventhough you can make it different ways, in the end, texture is the same. I like the odd salmon but I think that I will stick with liver oil tablets with a high level of omega 3 instead.

But if your stepmom loved it, it must be working.

She did say her skin had a glow and felt smoother. But she also loves salmon.

i eat it so often, i love salmon and i used to hate it, i cook it in so many different ways, in the oven, on the grill, on a pan, with veggies, with onion rings, (not the breaded ones, just plain onions), wrapped in tin foil with broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, onions and butter, a little bit of soy sauce, coated with honey and brown rice on the side, there are so many ways to cook it, and yes it works for a face lift, that is pretty much the only type of fish i eat, along with others that are similar since they all contain omega 3, which is the anti age key ingredient
wink.gif

I guess it has worked for me since everyone i know always says to me that i dont look 30
smile.gif

if you do want to try that diet, you can go here for recipes on how to cook it differently:

All recipes – complete resource for recipes and cooking tips

I am just lucky when it comes to my skin. I am 43 and still have younger looking skin and have been told that I look 35. I do not use moisturiser (sinner) but I stopped smoking 15 years ago. But I will give the salmon a try with different recipes and have a look at your link.

I notice the difference the very next day if I've had salmon for dinner the night before. My skin glows and looks reallllly nice!! Just be careful still losta fats, even though they are good fats. All things in moderation I guess.

jennifer lopez swears by it, apparently... for some reason i think it would need to be a more permanent eating habit to be truly effective...

It's all about omega 3 fatty acids in the salmon & other seafood. My great aunt has bad psorias & she started taking a lot of supplements with omega 3's & eating a lot of salmon & it completely disappeared within 4 weeks. Then she stopped & it came back.

I'll try to find a link about omega 3 fatty acids helping the skin... I know taking that supplement helps a lot of other things too.

i dont eat fish, mainly cause i hate the taste but also cause it has a lot of env. problems with it.

your only supposed to eat fish like once a month due to env. and health problems.

I try to follow a antiinflammatory diet, which is what the Perricone diet is. I have noticed that my skin feels better and I don't get pimples as much and I look younger but I am still in the process of changing my lifestyle so I don't follow it to a T yet.

Just thought I would mention that it is advised that teens and women in their childbearing years should not eat any sort of fish more than twice per week. I also read that the fish should not be farm-raised, but wild. This is because much of the benefits of eating the with salmon are in part due to what they eat in their natural environment. So apparently the benefits of farm raised salmon are far less than wild. Sources? I think I read this either in Health magazine of O magazine (gotta love Oprah!). This all sucks for me as I LOVE salmon and would eat it everyday. I don't really like red meat or chicken, so I eat a ton of fish. Oh, women of childbearing years are also supposed to stay away from swordfish the article said. I think it was O magazine and I think it was in the Dr. Oz section. I trust that guy! You can take or leave this information, but it isn't the first time I've read it, so there must be something to it. I imagine it is because of mercury in the environment.

Any oily fish does the trick and has a lot of Omega 3's. I love sardines personally. A lot of people don't, but I do. I eat fish probably more than twice a week, but I'm trying to cut back. If you want another great source of Omega 3's, eat walnuts - high in protein, no mercury, high in omega 3's. think it is also part of the perriconne diet. Personally, that guy gets on my nerves because he exaggerated all of his credentials and all of his products are ridiculously prices and use ingredients you can DIY. I think he said he went to Yale medical school and really did a residency there...shameful!

But yes, salmon is great stuff! I make it a lot of ways similar to you, daeron.

i heard that seafood in general is very good for the skin, and i do believe it. plus i love seafood.

I have been wanting to do this diet for weeks now!!! I just haven't had a chance to go get the indredients.

Back