Bridesmaid gift idea?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since i am planning my wedding, all my focuse is on wedding stuff. (sorry
flowers.gif
if i bug you all the time)

we should totally have a wedding thread.

anyway, I want to gather some idea for Bridesmaid gift.

What have you recieved or given unique and practical gifts from/to your girlfriends?

Thanks guys you rock!
rockwoot.gif

Hmmm.......I knew a Bride who gave all of her bridesmaids little baskets of makeup to wear on the wedding day. Mostly soft nuetrals that work with everyone.

When I got married, I had one girl stand up beside me. I provided her with the dress, paid for her hair to be done, and purchased drop earings for her to wear at the wedding.

One wedding where I was a brides maid, I received a fresh water pearl bracelet

which I wore at the wedding.

At my father's wedding, I received a silver bracelet even though I wasn't not in the wedding party - still wore it at the wedding.

i would make little baskets with some little goodies like bath beads, a neutral lipstick/lipgloss, and if i can, maybe some spa products or a facial.

Most of the weddings I have been in and around my area, many brides will buy all the girls matching jewelery to wear in the wedding and sometimes like a nice wine glass that is at the reception to take home. Then you can decorate the stem of the glass with like lace, ribbon, a small flower, decorative colored stones or pebbles in the bottom. Those are some of the really common things around here!

Oh, and that flask is super cute. Esp if someone knew all their girls would be able to use them!!

i like the jewelery idea... because a necklace is something they will have forever. Plus you don't have to worry about someone wearing to much jewelery... for pictures and everything. You never know with some people. I was at a wedding this week, and they all got gorgeous silver necklaces, that had a beautiful pink jewel or stone that dropped down from it. It matched their pink dresses. It was SO pretty!

i bought people who helped in the wedding robes and had them monogrammed. everyone loved them. for BM's, I tailored the gifts--a photography session with the hottest photog and for the other a girls weekend.

I bought all of my bridesmaids different gemstone chip necklaces that are long enough so they can double them around their necks. One is aquamarine (for the girl whose b-day is in March), one is amethyst, and the third is citrine. They're all really pretty. To go along with it, the girl who's getting aquamarine will be getting these fancy, pretty soaps that are in the shapes of different sea shells and creatures. I'm not sure what the other two will get, but it'll be about the same dollar amount. That way their gifts are all personalized. I'm hoping to be able to pay for their makeup appointments on the wedding day, too, but that depends on the job situation.

i'm a sucker for spa services or gift certificates! never have to worry about size or color! lol~

How about a gift card to a day spa or somewhere they can be pampered for an hour or two.. Something they normally wouldn't do for themselves..

Karren

I think paying for the bridesmaid dresses is a great idea. Paying for manicures/pedicures is a good idea too. Sometimes bridesmaids can be overwhelmed with the cost of everything that's entailed with the wedding, like obligatory salon trips and makeup artists unexpectedly putting stuff on you without telling you that you'll be charged for it :

In the most recent wedding I was in, I received a lame costume jewelry set (necklace and earrings). In another wedding, I received a sterling silver photo frame with the wedding date engraved to later put in a photo I took with the bride!

Latest posts

Back