MOD Cosmetics???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been looking at http://modcosmetics.com/ and it looks like they have some good prices. Has anyone ever used this brand? How does it compare to other brands. The website says professional quality, but I'm not sure what that means. How does it compare to theatrical brands like Ben Nye or Kryolan?

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl I've been looking at http://modcosmetics.com/ and it looks like they have some good prices. Has anyone ever used this brand? How does it compare to other brands. The website says professional quality, but I'm not sure what that means. How does it compare to theatrical brands like Ben Nye or Kryolan? No clue, but the palettes look just like MAC.. hmm, MOD.. MAC..MOD, MAC.. ahhmmmmm

i was looking into some of their stuff and see their stuff on ebay. never tried them out.

it looks like a good deal with those big palettes.

Definitely looks like they're mimicking MAC, but unfortunately we never know how good these things are until we try them! Their color range isn't even close to MAC though. It's definitely tempting when you see something that looks so similar to another brand. Who knows.

The prices are very good and they do look like MAC. Maybe if you are interested you could get the ones that are out on ebay and let us know what you think!
icon_biggrin.gif

Well I suppose at that price I wouldn't be losing too much if I tried a couple items out.

Oh boy and I have a new credit card too.

LOL @ "oh boy and i have a new credit card too"!!! Let us know if you get them suzukigrrl!

I'm on their site right now picking out one of everything!

Originally Posted by Laura LOL @ "oh boy and i have a new credit card too"!!! Let us know if you get them suzukigrrl!

I got some of their stuff at the IBS show... it's actually pretty nice! I got 3 of the palettes (they were even cheaper at the show than on the site) and I got a round palette for mom (left side of 2nd pic) I'll use them for a FOTD one of these days... I took a few swatch pics from the "i15" palette, and honestly they are VERY pigmented, and apparently very durable, because it took soap and water to wash them off.
wink.gif
Swatches are just swiped on with finger - no primers, bases, etc.
wink.gif

Oh wow Janelle, that's fabulous!! Thanks! You didn't by any chance try their lipsticks did you?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I got some of their stuff at the IBS show... it's actually pretty nice! I got 3 of the palettes (they were even cheaper at the show than on the site) and I got a round palette for mom (left side of 2nd pic) I'll use them for a FOTD one of these days... I took a few swatch pics from the "i15" palette, and honestly they are VERY pigmented, and apparently very durable, because it took soap and water to wash them off.
wink.gif
Swatches are just swiped on with finger - no primers, bases, etc.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Oh wow Janelle, that's fabulous!! Thanks! You didn't by any chance try their lipsticks did you? Nope.. Sorry hun - just the shadows
redface.gif
But they seem really nice... one little swipe and you get TONS of color.
wink.gif

hmmm i just checked out the gloss colors and i see a few that i would like.... maybe next pay check ill order one........or 5.......

Originally Posted by bejb1011 hmmm i just checked out the gloss colors and i see a few that i would like.... maybe next pay check ill order one........or 5....... You sound like me at MAC! lol
wink.gif

oh i do that at mac too
wink.gif
and stila...and walmart...and target...ok so ima shop a holic... shoot me. no dont shoot me i dont have any make up on...

Originally Posted by ALLY2383 what is the IBS show? It's the Hair/Skin/Makeup Industry Trade show they have here in NY every year... tons of vendors, lots of stage shows, great discounts
wink.gif

Back