Eyeliner help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
any suggestions on how to make eyeliner on your bottom lid last longer without smudging.

hmm, I have the same problem! My friend told me to line the lower lid with pencil eyeliner and then go over it with liquid liner and it seems to stay pretty well
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tina Marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif hmm, I have the same problem! My friend told me to line the lower lid with pencil eyeliner and then go over it with liquid liner and it seems to stay pretty well
smile.gif
that can work too, actually, i do this on my upper lid (i suck when it comes to liquid eyeliner).

I use CARBON [black] eyeshadow by MAC and use a brush to apply my eyeliner for most of the time. I speak for myself when I say it stays on longer.

urban decay primer potion. when i apply it, i put it all over my lid, brow bone, and under the eye =]

I have never used UDPP and I was wondering if any of you girls would be kind enough to let me know the list of ingredients in this product. The reason is i'm trying to avoid certain ingredients. Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion:

Ingredients:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion:
Ingredients:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

You're awesome
smile.gif
I really appreciate your prompt response however from those ingredients I won't be trying this product. It's a good thing I asked before placing an order.

I heard Bobbie Brown suggest smuding over liner with brown shadow for a softer look. That might help to set it since you don't want to use the UDPP.

If I want it to last, I personally like to use eyeshadow as liner under my lower lashes, applied using a wet fine liner brush, as I feel liquid liner is too full-on for me under the eye. My lids do get slightly greasy as time goes on and that will shift most pencil liners. If it's pencil I'd suggest switching to something that's not oil- or wax- based, such as powder, cake or gel liner.

Some pencils are better than others though, it may be that you just need to switch brands, so why not tell us what type of liner and what brand you're using, and what sort of effect you like to go for. That way people can make accuate suggestions.

Do you mean the bottom lashline, or the waterline? I normally use e/s on my lower lashline instead of liner. Although, I feel alone in that my e/s or liner doesn't generally smudge/run whenever I apply it to my bottom lashline and/or waterline.

Back