Red marks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used kojic acid to help their red marks? Somone told me skinceuticals phyto with kojic acid is good but it costs 55 dollars or so on ebay and i don't want to buy it if it doesn't work. I pretty much tried everything from ACV, lemon juice and the AHA souffle and it hasn't helped much. Also had a chemical peel once but all my red marks/brown marks are still there.

Also, does anyone know what celebrities do to get rid of their red marks since i know they spend a lot of money on those products? I am willing to spend 300 dollars on a bottle of something that works.

According to the web, this acid is a skin lightener for hyperpigmentation similar to hydriquinone. I've never tried it, but here's a link to some info. about it.

Choosing Skin Care Products: Know Your Ingredients - From the Cleveland Clinic

Hydroquinone

Skin care products containing hydroquinone are popularly referred to as bleaching creams or lightening agents. These skin care products are used to lighten hyperpigmentation, such as age spots and dark spots related to pregnancy or hormone therapy (melasma or chloasma). Some over-the-counter skin care products contain hydroquinone, but your doctor can also prescribe a solution with a higher concentration of hydroquinone if your skin doesn't respond to over- the-counter treatments. If you are allergic to hydroquinones, you can use products containing kojic acid instead.

Kojic Acid

Kojic acid is a more recent remedy for the treatment of pigment problems and age spots. Discovered in 1989, kojic acid has a similar effect as hydroquinone. Kojic acid is derived from a fungus, and studies have shown that it is effective as a lightening agent, inhibiting production of melanin (brown pigment).

This link is a site with some Kojc acid products which seem to be priced reasonably.

Kojic Acid - Health & Beauty - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review

hth

Originally Posted by blahblah900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif yes i heard of kojic acid but does it work according to other members here at MUT? I don't know hun. But, you started a thread a few weeks ago asking the same question and it got no replies so I'm trying to help you out as much as possible. You may have to try it without knowing if mut members have used it.

okay. does anyone here used skinceuticals phyto corrective gel before? I have loads of red marks and brown marks that never seem to fade.

Iv noticed you make alot of posts about your red marks, so maybe just try bumping you old posts asking new questions istead of making a new thread. I too am asian and im struggling to get rid of my red marks. I havent tried kojic acid so i cant comment on that. Have you tried a lactic acid peel, rosehip oil, vitamin e oil, retin-a, camellia oil? even sea water is supposed to be good for red marks so if you havent tried any of them give them a try, but be patient they wont go over night give it a few weeks when trying out something new. Also go on acne.org and check out the reviews on there. HTH

IMO time will get rid of the red marks from breakouts.

But to speed up the time, try using Retin A.

Retin A works in different ways. And the combined result is worth it.

1) it helps to prevent breakouts, so there wil be less red marks.

2) it speeds up the exfoliation process. Your skin naturally exfoliates every month or so. With Retin A, your skin might exfoliate every 3 weeks or so.

3) because you exfoliate faster, retin A will also slough off the dead skin cells that are just sitting on your skin - these may be the cells of the red marks.

And Retin A also helps to reduce or remove wrinkles, and it helps to rejuvinate the collagen so you have a more youthful complexion.

In Canada, Retin A is a prescription, costs $17 a tube, and tube lasts 6 months.

Rather than waste money on expensive, over the counter products that may or may not work, try Retin A. If you don't like it, or it hasn't worked for you, then go back to over the counter products.

As well, when you see your dermatologist, ask if there is anything else he/she can prescribe that might help as well.

Back