Finally! Sex and the City Movie Is ON!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Speculation has been swirling for a while that the movie was hung up due to its dueling stars, but TV Guide reports that SJP, Cynthia Nixon, Kristin Davis AND Kim Cattrall have all signed on the dotted line to do the film.

Shooting reportedly will start in September.

Report: "Sex" Movie a Go! - TMZ.com

oh long time to wait still but should be worth it
smile.gif

Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon are all set to reprise their roles, with longtime exec producer Michael Patrick King directing a script he wrote.
The film got close to happening about two years ago, but progress halted when Cattrall backed away. She wanted script controls and a salary close to that of Parker, who was more highly paid than the others because she was co-executive producer of the series. Whatever tensions existed are gone now, sources said. Cattrall has a deal she’s happy with, one the sources said gives her input on her scenes, a fat salary and a future series deal with HBO.
It's kind of dissapointing to me that Cattrall threw a fit but whatever, im still excited about it..even though she will get way more money than they deserve for it. (and the rest of them too)

Gosh, its been so long. I'm not sure they can capture the same mood and excitement of the show. However, I still want to see it.

never thought of that rachael but maybe just maybe! cause i still watch re-runs all the time and feel like the show is still on.

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif never thought of that rachael but maybe just maybe! cause i still watch re-runs all the time and feel like the show is still on. I watch the reruns too. I even have the series collection..the one in the pink box...but I don't know. I guess I'm a little worried about the writing. Will it still be sharp and poignant? Or will it look like they're trying too hard. Sometimes t.v. shows don't translate well on the big screen. I'm hoping for the best though!!

awesome!! i just got done watch half of season 6 today and was wondering about that! thanks for the 411!

you're right i think it has good potential of being really lame. oh well though!

wth is miranda wearing in that pic?

Please don't hurt me but...

I've probably the only person here who doesnt have any interest in Sex and the City..

*hides*

Back